Anniversary edition reprint announced at Origins?

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

WOW!

I guess I can eat my shoe now…  :lol:

• '17 '16

QUICK EVERYONE…

Time to sell your A&A 50th Anniversary Edition copy you own on E-Bay for $400… then buy a newer version back for $50 in the fall.

@Wolfshanze:

QUICK EVERYONE…

Time to sell your A&A 50th Anniversary Edition copy you own on E-Bay for $400… then buy a newer version back for $50 in the fall.

Nah, plus they retailed for round $100, if I recall.

Doesn’t this announcement seem suspicious to anyone?

Larry is about to kick off his new game War Room… and what do you know… Avalon Hill decides to fulfill the wettest dreams of A&A players…

Talk about competition!  :lol:

• @Private:

So I have the map and loads of pieces from all the other A&A games I have. What value would I (or anyone else) gain from buying this when it is reissued?

I had been lucky to buy Anniversary Edition for 78 EURO back in 2008 via Amazon Germany.
    And I really don’t care about any fancy prices as I would never sell it.
    But my motivation to even buy a reprint would be just to “complete” my collection  :-)

• I’m with PP on this. I do have IL map and enough pieces. But maybe like Panther says may just buy it so I have the game.  :?

• '17 '16

@Karl7:

@Wolfshanze:

QUICK EVERYONE…

Nah, plus they retailed for round $100, if I recall.

Oh, so only a $300 profit instead of a $350 profit… totally not worth it.

• Sponsor

@Karl7:

WOW!

I guess I can eat my shoe now… � :lol:

To be fair, it’s not like the community here has an open window to everything going on at these big gaming conventions. It’s been years since David J, or Greg Smorley has used this community to make reports, videos, or even an announcement.

• Official Q&A

Now that the feline has escaped containment…

The updated rulebook that Shelly referred to will incorporate all of the FAQs and errata.  It will also include many of the improvements we’ve made to the clarity in the rules in the years since its publication.  Wizards allowed me to improve it as much as I could without changing the page layout, and (with a little effort) I was able to get most of those improvements in.

I think you’ll like the results.

• @Krieghund:

The updated rulebook that Shelly referred to will incorporate all of the FAQs and errata.  It will also include many of the improvements we’ve made to the clarity in the rules in the years since its publication.  Wizards allowed me to improve it as much as I could without changing the page layout, and (with a little effort) I was able to get most of those improvements in.

Great News, thank you!

• '17 '16

@Krieghund:

So it was a cat’s fault this whole time?

• @Krieghund:

Thanks for letting us know that you were involved with this project with the WotC people.  I don’t know if Larry had any direct involvement himself, given that he’s currently working on a different game with a different company, but it’s good to hear that one of his developer / playtester associates was in on it.  This is a case where it might be a very welcome development if some sort of doctrine of apostolic succession is being planned for A&A’s future, even if for no other reason that Larry will probably contemplate retirement at some point in the (hopefully distant) future.

@Krieghund:

Krieg, tell me they are not going to call it “anniversary,” since the anniversary is long past.

• I hope the game will have something new, perhaps in the optional rules. Just a reprint seems like foiling the people who sell it for $500 on ebay and not really a need. Sure a few people who cant pay $500 will be happy, but how many is that?

If it had some new ideas heck i would buy it, otherwise i would use the pieces i already have and play on the my enlarged map.

Yes i understand the rules have been rewritten more clearly. great

• That is great news! I will for sure picking up a copy as I missed last time around. It will be interesting if Italy will have the Global sculpts and each country each own artillery piece.

• I definitely don’t have $500 bucks to spend on anything much less a game so I for one am glad that there will be a reprint.
    (But I agree with Karl7, it shouldn’t be called anniversary)

• Sponsor

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

I bought a used copy in 2012 for $225 and I found one at a garage sale in 2013 for $7. I’ll be sure to get a new copy as well.

• Yes! This is great news, finally I will be able to get this edition!

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

@Erocco:

That is great news! I will for sure picking up a copy as I missed last time around. It will be interesting if Italy will have the Global sculpts and each country each own artillery piece.

On that subject will the game use what are now the old AAA rules and thus have generic sculpts since they can be captured?

• @Young:

Here’s my take on it…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHB7V8Ny80

Thanks for the shout out and for subscribing to my YouTube channel!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m