• RE: Axis and Allies Classic 10 part series on YouTube

DAAK, I forgot that one and it’s probably one of the oldest…

A nice bridge game to G40 is the anniversary edition. It’s not as overwhelming and games don’t take as long. I mean, G40 is awesome in and of itself, but it’s also a lot to take on all at once.

I think I need to pull out the anniversary edition again and take another look.

There was that 1942 edition as well, but I never played it. And, of course, AA Revised was considered “4th edition” iirc.

posted in Axis & Allies Classic

It wasn’t hearsay tho. I was an officer in one of those clubs. There was even war club (forgot about that one). For PBEM there was IAAPA and AAMC to name only two clubs (those were 2nd edition, and I believe existed well before the CD came out – had their own dice servers).

I believe that war club, spring1942, and BOP each had over 1000 unique members through the years, but I can’t remember the exact numbers (that was 20 years ago now).

I have all of the General of the Army essays still on an old computer. But of course with no bid none of those would make any sense…

RR has a bid as well.

We all played those games consistently until the wee hours of the morning. We have moved on, but it’s not hearsay. I know that the spring message boards used to be around on an archive. Just start googling things and they will pop up.

The online games gave us the opportunity to show what live play could not do as easily – give us a very large statistical sample very quickly. But the lack of unique people posting on this thread I think shows you that we have all moved on to more balanced versions of the game.

@AcesWild5049 said in Axis and Allies Classic 10 part series on YouTube:

I hate bids and won’t comment much on that.

I’m not sure about the hating of the bids. Without a bid, the original game of Axis and Allies is pointless other than playing for novelty sake.

The balance issue was settled through about 100,000+ games in two clubs in the late 90’s to early 00’s. This was via CD in 3rd edition. As for 2nd edition, players have been playing via mail and then email since a few years after the game came out iirc. 3rd edition balance is 17-20 and 2nd edition is 20-24 for bids. 5 games may not show this, but thousands and thousands do. I mean, if USA can run full pacific and have no issues (I’m clearly winning the last game we were playing that you conceded) then you can see that a bid is needed for Axis.

Again, if you aren’t interested in the game being balanced then no biggie, just not sure what the point is of playing such an imbalanced game.

• RE: Post League Game Results Here

Giallo (Allies) over DizzKneeLand33 (Axis) BM3.

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/33039/19l-dizz-axis-vs-giallo-allies-0-bm3-game-2/160?page=7

Crazy game that inspires me to look at Axis play a little differently than before.

posted in League
  • RE: 19L Dizz (Axis) vs Giallo (Allies+0) BM3 game 2

Yeah, sorry to keep you waiting on this. I don’t see this ending well lol. GG, Giallo! Let me know if you would like a rematch in a few weeks (I’ll be much less busy then) and we will play that 3rd game (sames sides if you like).

Thanks again!

posted in League

Oops so sorry Giallo, I got busy after contemplating whether or not to resign here and forgot I was over the time limit. Gimme 24-48 hours to think about it if you don’t mind, but I’m thinking that it may be time to trade this one in for a future game 3. 🙂

Take care and I’ll be back soon.

posted in League

TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 12

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 12

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 6 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            6 artilleries, 12 infantry and 1 mech_infantry moved from Korea to Amur

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Amur
                Japanese attack with 6 artilleries, 12 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                Russians defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 6 artilleries, 12 infantry and 1 mech_infantry in Amur, round 2 : 8/19 hits, 5.17 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Amur, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Amur
                Japanese win, taking Amur from Russians with 6 artilleries, 12 infantry and 1 mech_infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            1 aaGun moved from Korea to Amur

Place Units - Japanese
            6 infantry placed in Korea

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 1
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 6 Sea Zone. Rolls: 1,6,5,5,4,6,5,6
            Japanese collect 14 PUs (1 lost to blockades); end with 14 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Russians : -0.33
    Japanese : 2.83

Savegame

posted in League

Yeah my awful mistake with Japan is making this almost impossible at this point…

posted in League

TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 12

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 12

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 6 armour, 1 fighter, 2 infantry, 7 mech_infantrys and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Anglo Egyptian Sudan to Belgian Congo
            1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Egypt to Belgian Congo
            4 bombers moved from Egypt to Tanganyika Territory
            2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Egypt to French Central Africa
            3 bombers and 2 fighters moved from Morocco to French Central Africa
            1 infantry moved from Bessarabia to Western Ukraine
                  Germans take Western Ukraine from Russians
            1 fighter moved from Morocco to French Central Africa

Combat - Germans
            Germans creates battle in territory 125 Sea Zone
            Battle in Belgian Congo
                Germans attack with 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys
                British defend with 1 mech_infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys in Belgian Congo, round 2 : 1/5 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 1 mech_infantry in Belgian Congo, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 mech_infantry owned by the British lost in Belgian Congo
                Germans win, taking Belgian Congo from British with 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for British: 1 mech_infantry
            Battle in French Central Africa
                Germans attack with 3 bombers, 5 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers
                Americans defend with 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 2 fighters and 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 3 bombers, 5 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers in French Central Africa, round 2 : 6/10 hits, 5.83 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 2 fighters and 1 infantry in French Central Africa, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    1 fighter owned by the Germans, 1 infantry owned by the Americans, 2 fighters owned by the Americans, 1 bomber owned by the Americans, 1 artillery owned by the Americans and 1 tactical_bomber owned by the Germans lost in French Central Africa
                Germans win with 3 bombers, 4 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 18
                Casualties for Germans: 1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber
                Casualties for Americans: 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 2 fighters and 1 infantry
            Battle in Tanganyika Territory
                Germans attack with 4 bombers
                British defend with 2 armour
                    Germans roll dice for 4 bombers in Tanganyika Territory, round 2 : 4/4 hits, 2.67 expected hits
                    British roll dice for 2 armour in Tanganyika Territory, round 2 : 2/2 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    2 bombers owned by the Germans and 2 armour owned by the British lost in Tanganyika Territory
                Germans win with 2 bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is -12
                Casualties for Germans: 2 bombers
                Casualties for British: 2 armour

Non Combat Move - Germans
            2 bombers moved from Tanganyika Territory to Egypt
            3 bombers moved from French Central Africa to Egypt
            4 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from French Central Africa to French Equatorial Africa
            1 fighter moved from Western Germany to Morocco
            1 bomber moved from Western Germany to Egypt
            2 submarines moved from 110 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            3 submarines moved from 93 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 109 Sea Zone to 110 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Western Germany to Morocco
            2 armour and 4 mech_infantrys moved from Turkmenistan to Persia
            1 aaGun, 4 artilleries and 16 mech_infantrys moved from Eastern Poland to Western Ukraine
            1 aaGun, 1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Bessarabia to Western Ukraine
            2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from Baltic States to Poland
            4 armour and 8 mech_infantrys moved from Novgorod to Poland
            10 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Romania
            1 aaGun and 5 infantry moved from Western Germany to Germany
            1 aaGun moved from France to Western Germany
            1 transport moved from 92 Sea Zone to 93 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun and 1 infantry moved from Southern France to 93 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 93 Sea Zone to 92 Sea Zone
            1 aaGun and 1 infantry moved from 92 Sea Zone to Morocco

Place Units - Germans
            1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys placed in Egypt
            2 infantry placed in Southern France
            2 submarines placed in 110 Sea Zone
            1 fighter placed in Western Germany
            5 armour and 5 mech_infantrys placed in Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 0
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 125 Sea Zone. Rolls: 4,6
            Germans collect 59 PUs; end with 59 PUs
            Trigger Germans 4 Presence In Egypt: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 64 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 69 PUs
            Objective Germans 7 Control of Balkans: Germans met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 71 PUs
            Objective Germans 2 Control Novgorod Or Volgograd Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 76 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans : 1.00
    British : 0.67
    Americans : -0.17

Savegame

posted in League

Testing Forum poster

Test summary from TripleA, engine version: 1.9, time: 6:29:53 PM
    Savegame

posted in League