11. Now it is the Allied turn. The same procedure is followed as before. The defending CAP fighter shoots at the incoming planes, and they get to fire back.
12. The Japanese CAP fighter misses, but the Allied planes shoot it down.
13. Both planes select the same carrier group to go after. The ships miss their AA fire, so the planes are free to attack.
14. Both planes score a hit on the carrier and it is sunk. Planes must now return home.
15. Planes on both sides must land on their carriers. The US plane lost its carrier, and so must ditch at sea (destroyed). Both sides may reshuffle the composition of their groups. At this point, the Japanese player decides if they wish to retreat, and they choose to continue the battle instead. The Allies, however, choose to retreat, The Allied ships return to port and the Japanese fleet continues on its original mission.