Important Announcement: Larry Harris confirms existence of 2 new AA games!!

• So will there be 3 setups and 3 different rule sets?
    AAE1940 Setup and Rules
    AAP1940 Setup and Rules
    AAWorld Game 1940 Setup and Rules
    Also will the world game cover the entire globe and be entirely seamless where the you can move between boards and such with no problem?

• Official Q&A

The rules will be pretty much the same for the Europe and Pacific games.  There may be some additional rules and setup pieces added on for the combined game.  The combined game will be seamless.

• Sounds amazing.  It sounds like this game could blow AA50 out of the water! I figure together it will cover the entire world.  AAE40 will probably cover Europe, Africa, Most of the USSR, and Eastern Europe while AAP40 will cover Western USA to India to Eastern Russia to the entire Pacific.  My guess is the boards meet up somewhere around the Persian area and both ends of the map are West USA and Eastern USA respectively. 
    This game could be huge.  I just hope I have enough table space for it.
    It would be sweet if I had one of those WW2 type tables and I moved my troops around with a craps stick like they do in the movies.

• look at the fact sheet on this.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Eager to see it!

• @Adlertag:

My pc frooze yesterday, try again now. The most combat effective forces was the germans, then the americans, then the brits, the french, the russians and the italians at bottom. Look at the TDI-reports at DUPUY INSTITUTE (IL please dont klick on “employment opportunities”, we need you here)

It is the “neutral” Swedish infantry sculpts that need to stick’em up and waving a white flag. Remember the Psilander incident in 40, when 4 swedish cruisers was sailing from Mediterranean home to Sweden, and outside UK they surrendered without a fight. The germans just grabbed all the iron ore they could carry from Sweden, and also used the swedish railroads to transport german troops. After the war, Stalin did the same. The swedes are what we call “push over’ss”, they never stand up and fight whatsoever. Last year Sweden arranged Davis Cup, but some muslims made a riot because of Israel and the swedish police was so afreid they didnt dare stop the riots, and the Davis Cup was closed. Thanks to swedish morale.

I think the swedish units should be yellow, with arms raised, and a white flag. Or just keep Sweden an open territory that anybody may use at will.

1. The Germans did not “grab” all the iron they could from Sweden, they bought it, fair and square. Sweden was neutral remember?

2. Yes, the Germans were allowed to use swedish railroads. This was wrong, the swedes should have refused. That might have led to Germany attacking Sweden, and the swedes would have lost. But not without putting up a fight.

3. No, Stalin did not do the same, what the hell are you talking about?

4. On what grounds do you call the swedes “pushovers”? When you say they “never” put up a fight, when exactly do you mean? During WW2? In that case, that was because no one attacked Sweden, and the military had been neglected since 1925, much like with the french. Had the Germans attacked, Sweden would have put up a fight, but with the army in its weakened state, Germany would have won.

Outside of WW2? In that case, take a look at the swedish armed forces in the 60:s through 90:s. Do you see many cowardly swedes with their armes raised waving white flags, or do you see a nation armed to their frickin’ teeth, with one of the largest air forces in Europe?

5. No, the swedish police was not too afraid to interfere with the riots, they just have some kind of “non confrontational” approach to that type of thing, dont ask me why. I think its stupid, but it has nothing to do with “morale”.

Now, My post is of course also off topic, sorry for that.

With your 4th post you should settle down a bit. You are off topic and making attacks on members here. Post edited as needed. You can probably make some jokes about anything except another member of this site or political.

I think he was just making his normal jokes which yes can be a bit over the top. If your offended, just hit the button on the bottom of the post to report.

• Joking about cowardly swedes can of course be very funny, if done right. Conan O’ Brien knows how to do it, Adlertag doesn’t.

Anyway, back to topic.

• Yes Adlertag can be hit or miss, sometimes he is much better than Conan. You should see his picture of what he considers a “typical Swedish male”  Most funny thing ever seen on these forums.

He has some good jokes and this site has had some good laughs.

yea but back on topic.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

This is what we have been waiting for!!!  Thank you Larry!

…This is it, boys.  This is War!..

• This is awesome news!

Will AAE40 & AAP40 have the same rules as AA50 in terms of:

• transports

• submarines

• prices

Between A&A (MB), AAE, AAP and Revised, we had four different sets of rules for transports and likewise for submarines.  :?   
    It was okay when I owned all four and used to play all the time.  But for people who don’t play that often or who won’t own all of AA50, AA42, AAP40, and AAE40, it would really help to comfortably go from one game to the next if the basic rules are standardized.

Here’s hoping.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m