• RE: L21 #2 ArtofWar1947 (AX+12) vs. Trulpen (AL) PTV

TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 16

TripleA Turn Summary for game: WW2 Path to Victory, version: 5.0.0

Game History

Round: 16

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 airfield, 1 armour, 1 carrier, 2 fighters, 4 infantry and 1 mech_infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 6 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            2 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Fukien
            1 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Kiangsi
            1 infantry moved from Kwangtung to Kwangsi
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Kwangtung to Kwangsi
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Kiangsu to Kiangsi
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Kiangsu to Fukien
            3 fighters moved from Kiangsu to Kwangsi
            2 fighters moved from Kiangsu to Kiangsi
            1 fighter moved from Kiangsu to Kiangsi
            3 fighters moved from Kiangsu to Fukien
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Caroline Islands to 34 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 34 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 43 Sea Zone to Java
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Queensland to 55 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from 55 Sea Zone to 38 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from 38 Sea Zone to Sumatra

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in Java
            Battle in Sumatra
            Battle in Fukien
                Japanese attack with 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Chinese defend with 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Fukien, round 2 : 1/6 hits, 2.50 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Fukien, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Fukien
                Japanese win, taking Java from UK_Pacific, taking Sumatra from UK_Pacific, taking Fukien from Chinese with 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Chinese: 1 infantry
            Battle in Kiangsi
                Japanese attack with 3 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Kiangsi, round 2 : 2/5 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Kiangsi, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese and 1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Kiangsi
                Japanese win with 3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
            Battle in Kwangsi
                Japanese attack with 3 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Kwangsi, round 2 : 3/5 hits, 2.33 expected hits
                    Chinese roll dice for 1 infantry in Kwangsi, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Chinese lost in Kwangsi
                Japanese win, taking Kwangsi from Chinese with 3 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            1 artillery moved from Kiangsu to 20 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 transport moved from 20 Sea Zone to 21 Sea Zone
            5 armour and 5 mech_infantrys moved from Kiangsu to Kwangtung
            2 infantry moved from New South Wales to Queensland
            1 transport moved from 65 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone
            1 marine moved from Queensland to 55 Sea Zone
            1 battleship moved from 55 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone
            2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 2 fighters, 1 marine and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 55 Sea Zone to 38 Sea Zone
            1 transport moved from 55 Sea Zone to 65 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from New Zealand to 65 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 transport moved from 65 Sea Zone to 55 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from 55 Sea Zone to Queensland
            1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 1 submarine moved from 21 Sea Zone to 43 Sea Zone
            1 artillery moved from 21 Sea Zone to Kwangtung
            2 fighters moved from Kwangtung to 38 Sea Zone
            1 carrier and 1 destroyer moved from 21 Sea Zone to 38 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 7 Sea Zone to 21 Sea Zone
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from 7 Sea Zone to Kwangtung
            1 fighter moved from Fukien to 21 Sea Zone
            1 tactical_bomber moved from Fukien to 21 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 7 infantry moved from Japan to 7 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 7 infantry and 4 transports moved from 7 Sea Zone to 21 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 7 infantry moved from 21 Sea Zone to Kwangtung
            3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Kwangsi to Kwangtung
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Kiangsi to Kwangtung
            2 fighters moved from Fukien to Kiangsu
            2 fighters moved from Kiangsi to Kiangsu
            1 marine moved from Line Islands to 30 Sea Zone
            1 cruiser and 1 marine moved from 30 Sea Zone to 28 Sea Zone
            1 marine moved from 28 Sea Zone to Hawaiian Islands
            1 battleship, 2 carriers, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 27 Sea Zone to 28 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 11 Sea Zone to 28 Sea Zone

Place Units - Japanese
            1 airfield, 1 armour, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in Kwangtung
            3 infantry placed in Kiangsu
            2 fighters placed in Japan
            1 carrier placed in 7 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 49 PUs; end with 49 PUs
            Objective Japanese 6 Home Islands: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 52 PUs
            Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 57 PUs
            Objective Japanese 5 Pacific Airfields: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 62 PUs
            Objective Japanese 7 Vital Forward Bases: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 67 PUs
            Objective Japanese 3 Control Honolulu Or Sydney Or Calcutta Or Western United States: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 10 PUs; end with 77 PUs
            Objective Japanese 2 Strategic Defense Perimeter: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 82 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Chinese regular : 0.00
    Japanese regular : -1.17

Savegame

posted in League
  • RE: 1914 #2 Witt & Elrood (CP) vs Rommel & PP (Ent)

@fmerwinrommel don’t forget Arabia .

posted in Team Games
  • RE: Finland diplomacy and thoughts on the molotov-ribbontropPACT

@generalhandgrenade thanks GHG, as always!

Very interesting perspective. While I totally agree with your points, I was assuming you were going to talk about a lot of tangible in-game situations. Yes, of course there’s an exchange of resources that obviously doesn’t do the Allies any favors, and some movements will be made easier for the Axis and Comintern. But besides that, I was struggling to think of anything HUGE.

But you’re talking about intangibles, which is a very very good point! It’s such a large part of the game. Another thing that makes every game unique, isn’t it? I know with us, a play group that typically consists of my twin brother and dad, we most definitely hold grudges for backstabbing or alliances formed against one another. I think it most definitely comes into play!

Thanks for the input.

posted in Global War 1936
  • Pinned Battle/After Action Report?

Hey all!

Was just thinking recently it might be cool to have a thread going of Battle Reports/After Action Reports of peoples games. I thought something like that being pinned might be cool so we could all see the progress of people’s games? Might be herculean though, as I imagine it would require a whole sub-thread so as to keep one persons report and potential updates separate from the others.

Anyone think that would be worth having here? I know I used to look at different blogs or posts here of peoples A&A games with the reports and pictures of everyone’s turn by turn games with descriptions. I found them to be a lot of fun!

If no traction, maybe not worth it. But if enough people thought it would be good, I’d be happy to ask djensen on the possibility of having that set up!

• RE: dawgoneit (Axis) v entek Allies 1914. game #3

TripleA Turn Summary: USA round 18

TripleA Turn Summary for game: Domination 1914 No Man’s Land, version: 1.4.0

Game History

Round: 18

Research Technology - USA
            USA spend 5 on tech rolls
                USA roll 5,6 and gets 1 hit
            USA removing all Technology Tokens after successful research.
            USA discover armour

Combat Move - USA
            1 carrier and 2 fighters moved from Sea Zone 23 Mid Atlantic to Sea Zone 15 English Channel
            1 field_gun and 1 infantry moved from Charleston to Sea Zone 30 Mid Atlantic
            1 transport moved from Sea Zone 30 Mid Atlantic to Sea Zone 29 Mid Atlantic
            1 field_gun and 1 infantry moved from New York to Sea Zone 29 Mid Atlantic
            1 field_gun and 1 infantry moved from Sea Zone 29 Mid Atlantic to Nova Scotia
            1 infantry moved from New England to Nova Scotia
            1 field_gun moved from New York to Sea Zone 29 Mid Atlantic
            1 field_gun moved from Sea Zone 29 Mid Atlantic to Nova Scotia
            1 field_gun, 1 infantry and 1 transport moved from Sea Zone 30 Mid Atlantic to Sea Zone 29 Mid Atlantic
            1 field_gun and 1 infantry moved from Sea Zone 29 Mid Atlantic to Nova Scotia
            2 field_guns and 2 infantry moved from Nova Scotia to Sea Zone 22 Mid Atlantic
            2 field_guns, 2 infantry and 2 transports moved from Sea Zone 22 Mid Atlantic to Sea Zone 25 Mid Atlantic
            2 field_guns and 2 infantry moved from Sea Zone 25 Mid Atlantic to Normandy
            7 transports moved from Sea Zone 25 Mid Atlantic to Sea Zone 22 Mid Atlantic
            1 transport moved from Sea Zone 29 Mid Atlantic to Sea Zone 22 Mid Atlantic
            2 cavalrys, 1 field_gun, 1 heavy_gun and 1 infantry moved from Nicaragua to Costa Rica
            1 cavalry moved from Panama to Costa Rica
            1 infantry moved from Panama to Costa Rica
            2 field_guns moved from Hokkaido to Sea Zone 139 Sea of Okhotsk
            1 infantry moved from Hokkaido to Sea Zone 139 Sea of Okhotsk
            4 infantry moved from Sakhalin to Sea Zone 139 Sea of Okhotsk
            2 field_guns, 2 fighters and 5 infantry moved from Sea Zone 139 Sea of Okhotsk to Khabarovsk
            2 fighters moved from Khabarovsk to Sea Zone 139 Sea of Okhotsk
            1 field_gun moved from Primorsky to Khabarovsk
            3 field_guns and 3 infantry moved from Picardy to Sea Zone 15 English Channel
            3 field_guns and 3 infantry moved from Sea Zone 15 English Channel to Amsterdam
            1 field_gun and 1 infantry moved from Normandy to Sea Zone 15 English Channel
            1 field_gun and 1 infantry moved from Sea Zone 15 English Channel to Amsterdam
            6 field_guns and 6 infantry moved from Normandy to Picardy
            1 transport moved from Sea Zone 29 Mid Atlantic to Sea Zone 22 Mid Atlantic

Purchase Units - USA
            USA buy 1 Factory, 3 cavalrys, 9 field_guns and 10 infantry; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 0 techTokens; 

Combat - USA
            Battle in Costa Rica
                USA attack with 3 cavalrys, 1 field_gun, 1 heavy_gun and 2 infantry
                Neutral defend with 4 infantry
                    USA roll dice for 3 cavalrys, 1 field_gun, 1 heavy_gun and 2 infantry in Costa Rica, round 2 : 2/7 hits, 1.83 expected hits
                    Neutral roll dice for 4 infantry in Costa Rica, round 2 : 2/4 hits, 1.33 expected hits
                    2 infantry owned by the Neutral and 2 infantry owned by the USA lost in Costa Rica
                    USA roll dice for 3 cavalrys, 1 field_gun and 1 heavy_gun in Costa Rica, round 3 : 1/5 hits, 1.50 expected hits
                    Neutral roll dice for 2 infantry in Costa Rica, round 3 : 2/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Neutral and 2 cavalrys owned by the USA lost in Costa Rica
                    USA roll dice for 1 cavalry, 1 field_gun and 1 heavy_gun in Costa Rica, round 4 : 2/3 hits, 1.00 expected hits
                    Neutral roll dice for 1 infantry in Costa Rica, round 4 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Neutral lost in Costa Rica
                USA loses 0 PUs for violating Costa Ricas neutrality.
                USA win, taking Costa Rica from Neutral with 1 cavalry, 1 field_gun and 1 heavy_gun remaining. Battle score for attacker is -2
                Casualties for USA: 2 cavalrys and 2 infantry
                Casualties for Neutral: 4 infantry

Non Combat Move - USA
            2 cavalrys moved from Guatemala to Nicaragua
            2 infantry moved from Yucatan to Guatemala
            2 cavalrys moved from Acapulco to Guatemala
            1 field_gun moved from Acapulco to Yucatan
            2 infantry moved from Mexico City to Guadalahara
            2 cavalrys moved from Mexico City to Acapulco
            1 late_fighter moved from San Francisco to Louisiana

Place Units - USA
            1 Factory placed in Hudson-Delaware
            2 field_guns and 2 infantry placed in New York
            2 field_guns and 2 infantry placed in Charleston
            2 field_guns and 1 infantry placed in Hokkaido
            2 field_guns and 2 infantry placed in Sakhalin
            1 field_gun and 2 infantry placed in Amsterdam
            3 cavalrys and 1 infantry placed in Mexico City

Activate Technology - USA
            USA activating armour
            Trigger USAT5: buytank added to productionUSA

Turn Complete - USA
            USA collect 106 PUs; end with 107 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

USA regular : 0.67
    Neutral regular : 1.67

Savegame

posted in Play Boardgames

@chris_henry It’s detrimental for a couple of reasons.
    First of all there are tangible benefits for 2 of the 3 factions and you’re not 1 of them.
    The other is that both of those factions are starting to cooperate which could lead to more cooperation. As long as they perceive their relationship to be beneficial they (especially Germany) can concentrate more resources on your demise.
    Russia can’t win the game by themselves. It’s not in your best interests to have them turn to Germany instead of you for help. Remember, this game isn’t played solely on the board. The more players work against each other the more resentment and tension that’s created between them. At some point you cross the line and instead of winning your main goal becomes making sure that jerk doesn’t win because he screwed you. This pact does absolutely nothing for the Allies except make the hill they need to climb steeper.

@hbg-gw-enthusiast thanks. Sorry, not trying to be rude at all, but that doesn’t really answer my question for GHG. I was merely asking in his opinion what was really detrimental to the Allies. I didn’t even say I disagreed with him haha.

I don’t know if a point system like that is a good example for this scenario though either! Maybe that’s just mine opinion though. I personally wouldn’t put the signing of the Pact something that doubles “points” from the Allies. It’s a largely small part of the much larger conflict. While yeah, I suppose there really isn’t an upside for the Allies if it’s signed, I wouldn’t call it detrimental to them either.

• RE: PTV OwenToo vs max334 (Axis) posted in Play Boardgames

@elrood I see you did not take Belgrade - much to my surprise. Oh well - it won’t be long now.

Also that you have can-opened for the Turkish fleet - my casual play is letting FM down.

posted in Team Games

@elrood Are you enjoying yourself? 🤕

posted in Team Games