• RE: How to change color of seazones?

Ok here is the last step, changing the lines from dark to light.

I removed the interior pattern so it would be a bit closer to Revised look. Then pasted the baseline on top of that layer. Basically just taking the baseline expand by like 2px say with a little blur. If you take that and make it half opacity you’ll still have the tripleA highlight effect working.

Here’s how it looks…

Screenshot 2024-03-18 230945.png

Screenshot 2024-03-18 231003.png

Here’s the stuff for your folder… has the baseTiles, reliefTiles and smallMap for that vibe

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pLRotTI9uUmPGmL1ASv6xAmhTvahFnM8/view?usp=sharing

Let me know if you got that working. I think you could probably riff from there to get something pretty close to the overall feel.

posted in TripleA Support
  • RE: L24 PTV mikawagunichi (X+11) vs 666

@mikawagunichi slight ncm…mech and arm from MOS dont stop in SMO but go onto S. Bel, also 6 inf from BRY don’t go to Kursk but also go to S. Bel

posted in League

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Russians round 9

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: WW2 Path to Victory

Game History

Round: 9

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 3 armour, 1 artillery, 3 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            1 infantry moved from Archangel to Karelia
                  Russians take Karelia from Germans
            1 infantry moved from Vologda to Leningrad
                  Russians take Leningrad from Germans
            1 infantry moved from Southern Belarus to Northern Belarus
                  Russians take Northern Belarus from Germans

Combat - Russians

Non Combat Move - Russians
            1 aaGun and 3 infantry moved from Southern Manchuria to Jehol
            1 artillery moved from Northern Manchuria to Southern Manchuria
            1 armour moved from Siberia to Northern Manchuria
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Tsinghai to Szechwan
            1 aaGun and 6 infantry moved from Bessarabia to Ukraine
            1 infantry moved from Ukraine to Western Ukraine
            3 infantry moved from Stalingrad to Rostov
            2 armour and 3 mech_infantrys moved from Southern Caucasus to Iraq
            1 submarine moved from 94 Sea Zone to 108 Sea Zone
            2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Gorky to Norway
            2 infantry moved from Nenetsia to Archangel
            1 aaGun, 1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Gorky to Vologda
            1 mech_infantry moved from Archangel to Novgorod
            1 infantry moved from Smolensk to Novgorod
            10 infantry moved from Bryansk to Kursk
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Russia to Smolensk
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Gorky to Smolensk
            6 infantry moved from Russia to Smolensk
            2 artilleries moved from Bryansk to Smolensk
            2 aaGuns, 4 artilleries and 31 infantry moved from Bryansk to Southern Belarus

Place Units - Russians
            1 infantry placed in Siberia
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in Stalingrad
            3 armour and 3 mech_infantrys placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 7
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 5 Sea Zone. Rolls: 1,2,1,3
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 6 Sea Zone. Rolls: 2,3,4,5
            Russians collect 42 PUs (7 lost to blockades); end with 42 PUs
            Trigger Russians 7 Great Patriotic War: Russians met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 45 PUs
            Trigger Russians 2 Persia Lend Lease Lane: Russians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 47 PUs
            Trigger Russians 1 Lend Lease: Russians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 49 PUs
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Russians from Kursk: 6 infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Russians to Southern Belarus: 6 infantry
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Russians from Smolensk: 1 armour and 1 mech_infantry
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Russians to Southern Belarus: 1 armour and 1 mech_infantry

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

posted in League

TripleA Turn Summary: Russians round 9

TripleA Turn Summary for game: WW2 Path to Victory

Game History

Round: 9

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 3 armour, 1 artillery, 3 infantry and 3 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            1 infantry moved from Archangel to Karelia
                  Russians take Karelia from Germans
            1 infantry moved from Vologda to Leningrad
                  Russians take Leningrad from Germans
            1 infantry moved from Southern Belarus to Northern Belarus
                  Russians take Northern Belarus from Germans

Combat - Russians

Non Combat Move - Russians
            1 aaGun and 3 infantry moved from Southern Manchuria to Jehol
            1 artillery moved from Northern Manchuria to Southern Manchuria
            1 armour moved from Siberia to Northern Manchuria
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Tsinghai to Szechwan
            1 aaGun and 6 infantry moved from Bessarabia to Ukraine
            1 infantry moved from Ukraine to Western Ukraine
            3 infantry moved from Stalingrad to Rostov
            2 armour and 3 mech_infantrys moved from Southern Caucasus to Iraq
            1 submarine moved from 94 Sea Zone to 108 Sea Zone
            2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Gorky to Norway
            2 infantry moved from Nenetsia to Archangel
            1 aaGun, 1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Gorky to Vologda
            1 mech_infantry moved from Archangel to Novgorod
            1 infantry moved from Smolensk to Novgorod
            10 infantry moved from Bryansk to Kursk
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Russia to Smolensk
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Gorky to Smolensk
            6 infantry moved from Russia to Smolensk
            2 artilleries moved from Bryansk to Smolensk
            2 aaGuns, 4 artilleries and 31 infantry moved from Bryansk to Southern Belarus

Place Units - Russians
            1 infantry placed in Siberia
            1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in Stalingrad
            3 armour and 3 mech_infantrys placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 7
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 5 Sea Zone. Rolls: 1,2,1,3
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 6 Sea Zone. Rolls: 2,3,4,5
            Russians collect 42 PUs (7 lost to blockades); end with 42 PUs
            Trigger Russians 7 Great Patriotic War: Russians met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 45 PUs
            Trigger Russians 2 Persia Lend Lease Lane: Russians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 47 PUs
            Trigger Russians 1 Lend Lease: Russians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 49 PUs

Territory Summary for Russians :

Norway : 2 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers
    Western Ukraine : 1 infantry
    Southern Belarus : 2 aaGuns, 4 artilleries and 31 infantry
    Siberia : 1 aaGun, 1 factory_minor and 8 infantry
    Smolensk : 2 armour, 2 artilleries, 6 infantry and 2 mech_infantrys
    Russia : 1 airfield, 3 armour, 1 factory_major and 3 mech_infantrys
    Karelia : 1 infantry
    Kursk : 10 infantry
    Archangel : 3 infantry
    Bessarabia : 1 infantry
    Ukraine : 1 aaGun, 1 armour, 4 artilleries, 13 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
    Urals : 1 factory_minor
    Vologda : 1 aaGun, 1 artillery and 3 infantry
    Northern Belarus : 1 infantry
    Leningrad : 1 airfield, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
    Rostov : 3 infantry
    Novgorod : 2 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
    Stalingrad : 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor and 2 infantry
    Southern Manchuria : 3 artilleries and 8 infantry
    Northern Manchuria : 1 armour
    Korea : 1 flag
    Jehol : 1 aaGun and 3 infantry
    Szechwan : 1 artillery and 2 infantry
    21 Sea Zone : 1 flag
    Iraq : 1 flag, 5 armour and 5 mech_infantrys
    108 Sea Zone : 1 submarine

Production/PUs Summary :

Germans : 40 / 57
    Russians : 49 / 49
    Japanese : 53 / 69
    Americans : 59 / 88
    Chinese : 18 / 19
    British : 31 / 41
    UK_Pacific : 7 / 7
    Italians : 18 / 23
    ANZAC : 2 / 0
    French : 1 / 0
    Dutch : 0 / 0
    Mongolians : 0 / 0
    Neutral_Axis : 0 / 0
    Neutral_Allies : 0 / 0
    Neutral_True : 20 / 0

Savegame

posted in League

Ok so what I did here was to take the above and just reduce the Opacity of the relief by a little bit so from 99% down to 81%. Then I used the darker baseline for the baseTiles to get something similar going.

Looked like this…

darkexample.png

darkexamplezoomout.png

Had the lines holding down to 18% zoom out and the convoy and sz numbers sorta just visible enough for me at the normal playscale (around 50-70% map zoom probably for most). Not sure if that seems good for you? You could make lighter blue by making the baseTiles lighter, I just tried to go as dark as I could to see what sort of line color might be needed for the sz boundaries that way. You can change the hue to whatever, it was more trying to match the color value (brightness/darkness) for the lines. For the pattern on land easiest way is to just remove that stuff and have tripleA paint a solid color across the tile. This would basically look like the map with map details turned off, except you’d have some border fades just to have the lines holding.

For the HEX colors on land, you can adjust those in the map.properties for something less vibrant. Wasn’t sure what you wanted there.

Here are the baseTiles, reliefTiles and smallMap for the UHD to match the darker ocean colors there. Basically you just swap those into your UHD Global 1940 downloaded maps and should see something that looks like the above, with the mini map and such working. The value change was pretty subtle, but it reduced the line dance and made the sz and convoy graphics pop just a little harder against the dark blue. Let me know if that works for ya. If it seems ballpark we can riff off that till you got what you’re after.

Catch ya next round dude

No worries! I went through all this trying to figure out how it works too. It’s just not a particularly easy thing to get the head around.

That’s a wild image! I can tell what’s going on though, what happened was that you placed the dark blue reliefTiles I made you for the regular World War II Global map, but must have placed em in the UHD World War II Global maps folder.

Those are different maps with different baselines (different dimensions for the map and different polgyon shapes in the UHD compared to the regular one by Bung). The reliefTiles folder is purely cosmetic and paints on top of the baseTiles. In this case you’re seeing the what it looks like when they’re mismatched hehe.

To use the UHD Global with a similar visual vibe, I’d need to make you some reliefTiles for that one. Here let me do that real quickly just so you can check it out.

Ok here, do the same thing you did before, except this time use these reliefTiles for the UHD. I have them already broken into the tiles, so you’d just need to swap the reliefTiles folder there in the UHD map.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YEpjVNHicIl3k-NGiSSkOvaWVpzY2RRP/view?usp=sharing

Should give you something that looks like this…

darkviewUHDzoom.png

Then you can adjust the National HEX colors to match the darker vibe for the land territory paintjob.

Here is the same relief a reconstructed large image, in case you want to modify it. I might have gone a bit dark for your taste.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hphEfxTPstUBgdKYqXLXk88yJPRONhhK/view?usp=sharing

All the colors key off each other, since our perception of color is always relative to the other colors nearby, so the HEX colors for the land paintjob may appear quite different depending on which blue you use for the ocean. Tricky part is usually just finding a color for the border blue that will hold to max zoom out, without too much dancing or the lines disappearing when it scales out to the max.

Going very dark you’ll lose a fair bit of contrast in the mids. What I would do probably is switch the label graphics for the sz zone numbers or convoy graphics to be brighter maybe. Or alternatively you could just play around with the blues till you got one you like.

To carry the color over into the minimap, the image file to adjust is the one called smallMap. It’s basically just a color swatch with a little ice at the top for the unassigned arctic tiles.

You can fine tune it if you want, I usually do this by bringing the baseline and the relief into GIMP, then using the baseline to make selections on the relief by using the color select tool and then switching between layers once the selection is made. Then you can control only the stuff that’s happening in the sea zone tiles, while ignoring the stuff on land. Another thing I might try is to expand just the fade around the continent contours, so it will match the thickness of the sea zone boundaries. So you’ll notice the lighter blue line appears thicker in the ocean, because it’s painting light blue on both sides of a black 1px zone boundaries, whereas the transition from land to sea only paints that blue on one side of the line. Has the effect of making the contour lines for the continents appear thinner when zoomed out. Anyway I can show you how to do that or change the border effect once you know what sort of blue you want, then switch those labels to key off it slightly lighter rather than darker for the sz numbers and such.

ps. the unit graphics for the UHD and regular global are interchangeable, so you can swap them out for either game and should work. The place on the 54px scale units will be a little different if used on the smaller map, they’ll crowd, but you can use the regular 48px unit in the UHD map, upscaled at 125% in the unit view in tripleA 2.6 they will appear somewhat smaller but still works. I haven’t made the rail pattern for it yet, just has the topo, but one could do a different fill if trying to get a different sort of look going. The revised board had a pretty simple pattern for the land TTs, like just a couple graphic design elements, the color fields there were sorta just a uniform color painting over the ground tiles. To achieve something similar you could just collapse the topo completely and have the colors instead pass through like a 50% mat gray at half opacity or something. Then use whatever units you prefer for it.

If you can get a UHD relief to work for you, I can show you a simpler way to control the blues. Basically it’d work by changing the blue in the baseTiles color so the baseTiles undercolor will show through. Right now it’s quite bright in the basetiles for the default, so I just covered them over completely with the example relief, but basically you could control how light of a blue you want the color pop to be around the sz borders in a few different ways by changing the baseline color which is a single color edit, but you have to use a program like Photoshop GIMP or Paint etc. It’s more just finding the right blue for what you’re after and then kinda keying off those colors to get a more subtle line going in the Relief. Basically just so the 1px baseline doesn’t disappear against a dark background. Once you get something up and running it’s easier to tool around and see how the edits will visualize when you change the colors around.

I could just make the ocean stuff in the relief more transparent. Currently it’s at full opacity now for the ocean area. Once you know how to run the image tile breaker map creator tool for the reliefTiles and baseTiles it’s easier to switch stuff around I can just send you a base with darker blue and a relief to match that blue and should be simpler to edit.

• RE: PtV 23 ArtofWar1947 vs AetV (X+11) posted in League
  • RE: Game 2-PTV ArtofWar (Ax+12) v mikawagunichi (Al)

@mikawagunichi

40618-mika#2-G20.tsvg

Game History

Round: 20

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 1 armour, 1 artillery, 12 infantry, 2 mech_infantrys and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Germans
            1 infantry moved from Leningrad to Vyborg
                  Germans take Vyborg from Russians
            1 armour moved from Leningrad to Archangel
                  Germans take Archangel from Russians
            1 armour moved from Archangel to Leningrad
            1 infantry moved from Leningrad to Vologda
            2 fighters moved from Leningrad to Vologda
            1 submarine moved from 108 Sea Zone to 112 Sea Zone

Combat - Germans
            Battle in Vologda
                Germans attack with 2 fighters and 1 infantry
                Russians defend with 1 infantry
                    Germans roll dice for 2 fighters and 1 infantry in Vologda, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 1.17 expected hits
                    Russians roll dice for 1 infantry in Vologda, round 2 : 1/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Vologda
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians lost in Vologda
                Germans win with 2 fighters remaining. Battle score for attacker is 0
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry

Non Combat Move - Germans
            2 fighters moved from Vologda to Leningrad
            1 aaGun, 6 artilleries and 36 infantry moved from Leningrad to Vyborg
            5 armour and 3 mech_infantrys moved from Eastern Poland to Leningrad
            1 artillery and 9 infantry moved from Slovakia Hungary to Eastern Poland
            17 infantry moved from Eastern Poland to Baltic States
            1 armour and 2 mech_infantrys moved from Yugoslavia to Eastern Poland
            1 armour moved from Germany to Eastern Poland
            1 infantry moved from France to Western Germany
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Western Germany to Germany
            1 submarine moved from 6 Sea Zone to 35 Sea Zone

Place Units - Germans
            7 infantry placed in Western Germany
            2 infantry and 1 mech_infantry placed in Leningrad
            1 armour, 1 artillery and 1 mech_infantry placed in Yugoslavia
            3 infantry placed in Iraq
            1 submarine placed in 95 Sea Zone
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from 122 Sea Zone: 1 submarine
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to 128 Sea Zone: 1 submarine
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from 100 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
            EDIT: Removing units owned by Germans from 97 Sea Zone: 1 destroyer
            EDIT: Adding units owned by Germans to 94 Sea Zone: 2 destroyers

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 1
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 108 Sea Zone. Rolls: 1,6
            Germans collect 44 PUs (1 lost to blockades); end with 44 PUs
            Trigger Germans 7 Atlantic Wall: Germans met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 47 PUs
            Trigger Germans 4 Presence In Egypt: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 52 PUs
            Objective Germans 7 Control of Balkans: Germans met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 55 PUs
            Objective Germans 6 Control Iraq Or Persia Or Northwest Persia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 57 PUs
            Objective Germans 2 Control Stalingrad Or Leningrad Or Russia: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 62 PUs

Russians regular : 0.67
    Germans regular : 0.83

posted in League

TripleA Turn Summary: French round 8

TripleA Turn Summary for game: WW2 Path to Victory

Game History

Round: 8

Combat Move - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 fighter moved from Gibraltar to Normandy Bordeaux
            1 artillery and 1 marine moved from Johnston Island to 31 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 1 cruiser, 1 marine and 1 transport moved from 31 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 marine moved from 34 Sea Zone to Caroline Islands
            3 fighters moved from 34 Sea Zone to Caroline Islands
            1 submarine moved from 93 Sea Zone to 95 Sea Zone

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            1 fighter moved from Norway to Normandy Bordeaux

Turn Complete - French

Territory Summary for ANZAC and French :

Marshall Islands : 1 flag
    Caroline Islands : 1 artillery, 3 fighters and 1 marine
    Burma : 1 infantry
    New Zealand : 1 airfield, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
    Normandy Bordeaux : 2 fighters and 2 infantry
    34 Sea Zone : 1 cruiser, 1 fighter and 1 transport
    95 Sea Zone : 1 submarine

Production/PUs Summary :

Germans : 41 / 57
    Russians : 46 / 46
    Japanese : 53 / 69
    Americans : 59 / 88
    Chinese : 18 / 19
    British : 33 / 41
    UK_Pacific : 7 / 7
    Italians : 18 / 23
    ANZAC : 2 / 0
    French : 1 / 0
    Dutch : 0 / 0
    Mongolians : 0 / 0
    Neutral_Axis : 0 / 0
    Neutral_Allies : 0 / 0
    Neutral_True : 20 / 0

Savegame

posted in League
  • RE: Game 2-PTV ArtofWar (Ax+12) v mikawagunichi (Al)

@mikawagunichi

Understandable.

posted in League