• yes, as announcment its ok here, but people want to discuss BM3 here, so for both reasons, we need a new topic. its just a matter of time :)

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

my initial two cents to the new game

Wow, first of all it is a lot of work to set up this. I cant imagine how many hours you have spent on this.

It looks really cool and I think many of the problems with the med is fixed. Good to see! Also Russia (or the Soviets as I prefer to call them) is beefed up considerably (at least looks that way). Maybe they soon become too busy to utilize their urals and siberia factories. But this will most certainly provides new options for Russia! Happy to see that

It looks really cool to divide all the islands over two sea zones. Some new thinking will definately come out of that.

And finally one thing I dont understand. For several countries Pu’s and Production are not equal for round 1. Is this intended?

Looks like a solid piece of work!

• @Panther u rightl. i’ll make a dedicated topic

• @oysteilo Great question Oystello. Russia and CHina start with a penalty. (Great Purge Penalty of -10 for Russia and Civil War Penalty of -4 for China). This obviously should be addressed in game notes and we will update it. Thanks guys. You rock.

• @regularkid Panther, where do you think would be a good place for the announcement?

• I went ahead a posted the Rules Discussion and Feedback thread in Variants, where the BM3-related threads currently are. All future discussion should take place there.

@Panther, would you mind pinning these in the league forum to increase visibility to the intended audience? Here are the links.

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/35323/ww2-path-to-victory-rules-discussion

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/35324/ww2-path-to-victory-feedback-thread

Thanks again you guys. Adam and I are really excited to get to playing this with you!

• @regularkid said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

@regularkid Panther, where do you think would be a good place for the announcement?

I see you have already done that at a good place. I have stickied those topics, so they appear at the very top of this forum category.

• Will someone please do a feature request?

We play with tech and do not remove tokens option. Our group would like to be able to development more than one tech a turn. We would also like to have tokens assigned to the corresponding tech chart.

Thanks for your time and best regards.

• hey Loki. we’re still trying to get the Mod updated to include the 14 cost bombers on Github. Its been a bit of a slog tbh. But there has been some discussion about updating the tech component of BM and PTV, and we welcome such proposals.

• @regularkid
    yo why so much hate on bombers,? you guys already ruined them with attack of 3 and now they cost more…

requests
    checkbox for normal attack 4 bombers
    must have airbase to produce planes, like naval units

checkbox tech tokens persist until they hit and are dedicated to a chart
    more than one tech a turn

• @loki17 said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

@regularkid
    yo why so much hate on bombers,? you guys already ruined them with attack of 3 and now they cost more…

requests
    checkbox for normal attack 4 bombers
    must have airbase to produce planes, like naval units

checkbox tech tokens persist until they hit and are dedicated to a chart
    more than one tech a turn

Because they’re over-powered in OOB/BM3. It’s en effort for balance and more rich strategic play.

In P2V they still cost 12, but have less attack.

Don’t think further rules will ease matters.

• '19 '17

@loki17 This is not the PTV thread, this is the BM thread…

• @loki17, thanks for your requests man. :) Your message is received. Yo comprendo.

• '19 '17 '16

@regularkid said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

though I prefer to play in the Lobby because I don’t have the patience to wait for emails.

Interesting viewpoint.

Anyway, I’ve finally (and reluctantly) made this change. You will need to delete and re-download the map pack to get it working for you. It will be called version 4.0 (but still “Mod3” because it has the same objectives).

To get bombers at 12 you will have to play combat move first. Or not download the new map. Or something.

Combat move 1st was not updated as that is what the Mod Squad were thinking of.

So now that this is done, is anyone upset? I personally think it’s a bit messy with no option to play with bombers at 12 in purchase first and no update to combat move 1st. If path to victory kicks off, I guess no one will mind.

• '19 '17 '16

@loki17 said in G40 Balance Mod - Feedback Thread:

Will someone please do a feature request?

We play with tech and do not remove tokens option. Our group would like to be able to development more than one tech a turn. We would also like to have tokens assigned to the corresponding tech chart.

Thanks for your time and best regards.

The first option is already available. Just deselect “Remove all Tech Tokens at end of turn”.

Others could be player enforced. Seems like a hassle to me - could probably have two different techs and two resources.

Multiple tech per turn is completely against Global rules! I’m not sure why you want this so much. I’d rather have directed tech like Revised.

• @simon33

So… here is my pitch for a BM4.

I’ve just played a series of BM3 as allies with bids from 8 to 14 to allies and lost. Sure, it could just be me or the dice, but there was a distinct pattern wherein the Axis built up strong naval and air defenses that kept UK and US at bay and then dispatched Russia at will. This was more pronounced on the Europe side where Germany could sit in the center position and project power in every direction. The key to this strategy seems to be waiting to bring USA in until R3 or even R4. This allows the Axis to maneuver into a superior position and block the US/UK counter thrust. The bid sort of helps, but loses its impact quickly.

Proposed solution? Well, I think the weak link is, as usual, Russia. It is so weak at the start, and really can’t become an offensive force even if it is ignored by the Axis. If it were beefed up some with some extra NOs, maybe it could pose more of a threat. Say, up the patriotic war NO to 5 and condition it to deactivate only if allied ground units in the USSR, so air would be ok (this would be historically accurate FYI, the US operated bombers out of Russia). Also maybe give another +5 NO for control of Urals, Novosibirsk and Timguska or something. Call it Siberian Industry or something. That would give Russia a relatively safe +7 turn after turn.

Thoughts?

• @Karl7 I support your ideas with the NO’s. This would make more sense and is maybe or probably the way to go.

• good ideas, Karl. If there is a general consensus behind them, we can definitely incorporate.

• @Karl7
    Our quick fix attempt was to activate Russia’s +9 Novosibirsk card for global.

• I like the idea of beefing up Russia some more and giving Germany more of a sense of urgency to go after the mother bear. Otherwise you will have the @trulpen ’s of the world Who will stack like 8 to 10 euro carriers and like Karl said, block any allied progress in the west and med whilst ever slowly choking Russia like a python.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m