I think two things can be true at once, and there’s probably some combination of the below:
- The OOB (out of box) game heavily favours the Axis, especially as a gaming group gains skill/experience
- Your group’s Allied play is probably lacklustre
On the first point, there’s a consensus among skilled players that OOB favors the Axis. Sometimes it takes a while for a new gaming group to gain enough skill/experience that this starts to show up, and it’s not uncommon for the Allies to win >50% of games in a very inexperienced group.
Mind you, the progression to a high Axis win rate can happen very quickly because the Axis are much easier to script a potent opening for. This appears to be what’s happening in your games, as Germany seems to be using a scripted Moscow crush that your allied players haven’t developed an answer to yet.
Here are some items that are suggesting to me that inexperience is, at least, part of the problem:
- You’ve only played 4 games, and these were split between Global and Europe
- Japan wasn’t rampaging even though the US was ignoring it
- Moscow appears to be falling on turn 5/6 – I would consider this early, although turn 6 isn’t completely unreasonable, it should be a huge, all in, gamble for Germany
Some things that aren’t clear:
- Did you check the odds in the Moscow battles?
- Is Russia bringing all their forces back to Moscow, or leaving them haphazardly to die elsewhere?
- What is Russia purchasing?
- Is the UK sending support to Moscow via the middle east, especially fighters? (Persia factory?)
- Is the UK doing a proper Taranto Raid or 92 stack? Or something less effective?
So the real question is, how much of your problem is due to the Axis being favored and how much is due to inexperience. The solution to the first is house rules or a bid, the solution to the second is learning.
My best suggestion is to start by downloading TripleA and then view some top tier league games to see what better players are doing as the allies. Then you can mimic/implement some of what you’ve learned. Hopefully that will solve your problem. Sooner or later though, you’ll need a bid/house rule to help, so you could also consider implementing that now.
Unfortunately very few league players are doing OOB these days, so probably the next best option to learn from is BM3 (Balance Mod). It’s a house ruled variant, but at least it’s reasonably close to OOB, so the play is somewhat similar.