Axis & Allies .org 2011 Support Drive

• Founder TripleA Admin

Axis & Allies .org 2011 Support Drive

We will be running our second end of the year support drive to assist with paying for the costs and time for maintaining as well as upgrading the website and forums. I will run this one from December 1, 2011 to January 31, 2012. On February 1, 2012 we will start the 2012 Support Drive, which will run through December 2012.

These funds will go towards the following:

• Server hosting

• Akismet anti-spam subscription

• Domain name registration (Your support helped move this domain off of Go Daddy, who supports SOPA)

• Migration of the forum software � should reduce spam

• Development of a plugin for dice rolling on the new forum

• Forming an LLC (limited liability company)

• Taxes
      • Tax software
    • Website design (one or more of the following)

• Adobe software

• Premium themes

• Web designer

• Time

There will be three support levels available. When you donate, you will receive a special badge on your profile.

Gold Patron - $50
      Silver Patron - $25
      Bronze Patron - $10

Note: In case you didn’t notice, last year the icon for the patron badges was the German Panther. This year, I’ve selected the Russian T-34. For 2012, it will be the US Sherman. I think I only have one more silhouette after that so I’ll have to find somebody to design something for me for 2014+.

To donate, just click on the “Buy Now” PayPal button on the right of your screen.

In order to get your badge, be sure to include your email when you purchase your support level. Next, send me an email with your Axis & Allies.org username so that I can give you the badge. david [dot] jensen {at} axisandallies (dot) org

Thanks!

Just like last time, participants will be listed here. If you get your badge and are not listed, it likely means I forgot so just send me a friendly reminder.

Amount raised: $640 (minus PayPal fees)
    Number of 2011 patrons: 15
    (last update Mar. 31, 2012)

Gold Patrons
    Tall Paul
    FieldMarshalGames
    Imperious Leader
    Fishmoto37
    Ol’ Blood&Guts
    coachofmany
    CWO Marc
    Gamerman01
    JWW
    Gargantua
    DutchmanD

Silver Patrons
    koba
    Axisplaya

Bronze Patrons
    radar231
    bjergmose
    Variable
    Antholin

• '10

Please support this community we all enjoy.

Field Marshal Games - Official Board Sponsor, will be giving a FREE COMBAT TURRET to all GOLD Level Sponsors!

We appreciate all levels of support, but would like to reward those who really “Dig Deep” to keep this community up and running.

All GOLD Level Sponsors added to the list above by JAN 01 2012 will receive the FREE Gift.

• '10

Jeremy, you are correct. I have enjoyed this forum so much. Wondered if there was going to be a new fund drive. Have sent my contribution today. And thanks David for all you do for all AA addicts.

• '10

Congrats and THANK YOU to our GOLD Patrons of 2011.

FMG would like to give you a FREE COMBAT TURRET for your support.

To claim your FREE gift please PM me directly to set up the shippment.

There are two Options:

a) Pay $5.95 for shipping and we will send you the Tower via UPS (USA and Canada Only) or via POST (International)
    b) Contact me when you place your next order and we will add it to a current shippment FREE OF CHARGE

Gold Patrons
    Tall Paul
    FieldMarshalGames
    Imperious Leader
    Fishmoto37
    Ol’ Blood&Guts
    coachofmany
    CWO Marc

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I feel like I’m being held to ransom for a T-34 tag on my name!  I only have 18 more days to buy!

That said… FMG, I’ll go for the tag, and take your offer.  Want to just hold on to the dice turret, until I come see you in April?

Also… What’s an LLC?

• Limited Liability Corporation

• '10

@Gargantua:

I feel like I’m being held to ransom for a T-34 tag on my name!  I only have 18 more days to buy!

That said… FMG, I’ll go for the tag, and take your offer.  Want to just hold on to the dice turret, until I come see you in April?

Also… What’s an LLC?

Sure!  You can pick it up for FREE at the Event.

• Customizer

FMG(Jeremy),

I wanted to say THANK YOU for the offer of the Free Combat Turret. I already have several of your wooden Dice Towers and so I wouldn’t be able to use another.

Would it be possible to:

A.) Substitute a like amount discount off a future purchase, or if not

B.) Donate my Combat Turret to another gamer.

Just let me know your preferences and I’ll go along with them. I’m sure it will be easy to find several players that would love it.

Thanks Again for your continued support of this wonderful hobby.

“Tall Paul”

• '10

@Tall:

FMG(Jeremy),

I wanted to say THANK YOU for the offer of the Free Combat Turret. I already have several of your wooden Dice Towers and so I wouldn’t be able to use another.

Would it be possible to:

A.) Substitute a like amount discount off a future purchase, or if not

B.) Donate my Combat Turret to another gamer.

Just let me know your preferences and I’ll go along with them. I’m sure it will be easy to find several players that would love it.

Thanks Again for your continued support of this wonderful hobby.

“Tall Paul”

I can ship it to any address.  You will just ahve to let me know.

Thanks

• I am interested in Gold Support for 2011, especially if I can get the tower, but it says you must support by January 1, and that is past.

If I give $50 will I get the dice tower?  Does it come with the really cool dice that are in the picture?  If I can’t get my own dice tower with the support, can I be the donee for Tall Paul’s unwanted one??

Thanks!!!

• '10

@Gamerman01:

I am interested in Gold Support for 2011, especially if I can get the tower, but it says you must support by January 1, and that is past.

If I give $50 will I get the dice tower?  Does it come with the really cool dice that are in the picture?  If I can’t get my own dice tower with the support, can I be the donee for Tall Paul’s unwanted one??

Thanks!!!

If you become a Patron I will still give you a tower.  The dice are a separate product.

• '10

I have been using a home made dice tower for about two years. I guess I will accept your offer Jeremy, and see if my dice rolling improves with an official A&A tower. LOL Thanks for your generosity.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

If you become a Patron I will still give you a tower.  The dice are a separate product.

That’s cool.  I will become a gold Patron for 2012 also and get the T-34 and the tower!  Thanks for answering my question about the due date for the tower.

• Founder TripleA Admin

The T-34 is on the badge for 2011 Patrons. You have until the end of January to become a 2011 Patron.

The Sherman will be on the badge for 2012.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Announcement: 2011 Patrons will receive early access to the new forums!

• '10

@djensen:

Announcement: 2011 Patrons will receive early access to the new forums!

Awesome!  Can’t wait to see what you have been up to!

Phew!

Glad I made it under the wire then!  Donated Jan 31st at 8pm PST lol.

Clearly the -wire- is sometime WEEKS later…  It’s FEB 14th!

When can we expect the Shermans of 2012 to be ready for release?

• Customizer

I’m ready for the 2012 Fund drive.

“Tall Paul”

• It still says “2011 Support Drive” on my screen - will it be updated to 2012 soon?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m