WAR ROOM - New Larry Harris Game

• '19 '18 '17

$10K in 10 minutes …. keep it up, gents.  :-o :-D

• Yeah, it’s kind of weird that it’s not EU-friendly. I don’t know when the last time was I came across a project that was not, let alone having backed one.
    Well, I backed a signature edition to help getting it funded and hope they’ll figure eu-friendliness out till the end of the campain.
    Otherwise waiting for retail looks like the better option, especially since I’d really only need the core game actually.

• Can’t support this alternative History game because Germany never controlled or got any resources from French West Africa or Madagascar and after making this point relentlessly on Facebook, they choose to do nothing to correct this situation. It makes not sense to me that they choose to make up these facts and i can only conclude a total lack on understanding of this periods History.

If this was changed by making those two areas neutral, it would be different.

• Germany starts with resources that come from these cards which is totally false. Look at her inventory of cards and the map they made.

Why doesn’t anybody else care about this? Its like awarding Germany Switzerland. Why?

• Founder TripleA Admin

I imagine it’s a game balance issue. Would it be better if there were an asterisk next to those territories with a note in the rule book?

“Germany never controlled or got any resources from French West Africa or Madagascar but this scenario is included in this game in order to balance the game and utilize the entire map.”

• I suspect Madagascar is similar to Algeria and Morocco which, even if never controlled by the Axis, the Allies invaded anyway. French West Africa is somewhat more questionable on that front though.

Also, maybe it somehow represents Germany “trading” with its Vichy puppet (aka, looting them for occupation costs).

• I suspect Madagascar is similar to Algeria and Morocco which, even if never controlled by the Axis, the Allies invaded anyway. French West Africa is somewhat more questionable on that front though.

Also, maybe it somehow represents Germany “trading” with its Vichy puppet (aka, looting them for occupation costs).

Its not. Algeria and Morocco were also Vichy, but those were not directly occupied by Axis forces. Germany did have a few police ( gestapo) elements for the purpose of rounding up some people. These areas and other Vichy areas did not “trade” with the Reich, however, indemnity payments for the war in 1940 were ordered and as a whole, the Vichy government was responsible to meet this obligation. So the truth is the entire group of areas under Vichy control had to make payments to Germany, but that was not really “trade” . Also, most of these areas outside of France proper, never made any contributions to satisfy that requirement, because frankly the terms were ridiculous.

It is also true that the Allies invaded Madagascar, The Levant States, Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia…all of which were under Vichy control, but in most cases the resistance was of a very short duration and the opposition quickly came to be part of the Allies.

But to make them “German” is totally ridiculous.

• I imagine it’s a game balance issue. Would it be better if there were an asterisk next to those territories with a note in the rule book?

“Germany never controlled or got any resources from French West Africa or Madagascar but this scenario is included in this game in order to balance the game and utilize the entire map.”

It could be. But why not just attribute whatever resources they have and add it to German controlled areas that are in Europe and leave whatever these areas could have as neutral.

And actually when the Allies did land in Morocco, Hitler was so upset about how easily the Vichy Forces gave up, he reneged on the treaty with Vichy and directly occupied Southern ( Vichy) France as retribution. He obviously could not occupy those other areas like FWA and Madagascar.

• **Moderator’s action:

Postings containing accusations and responses to them have been removed as being personal attacks and irrelevant to the topic according to the Forum Rules.**

• Thanks!!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Wow!  $94,000+ in 9 Hours.   That’s pretty wicked;  I wonder how high it will go - we’re only just getting started.  Lots of interest!

• @Gargantua:

Wow!  $94,000+ in 9 Hours.  That’s pretty wicked;  I wonder how high it will go - we’re only just getting started.  Lots of interest!

Yep, it’s amazing! Can’t wait to see all the stretch goals.

Having played it previously I am super excited, it’s going to balance out my war game collection with it’s moves in the blind/secret orders, changing/biddable turn order and morale scale.

Stoked for this to ship!

• '19 '18 '17

$100K!!  Keep rollin’!  :-o :-D

Yeah!  And watch out!  Those special editions (signed by Larry) are going fast man.

• Just ordered one signature edition. This will be a long year of waiting  :lol:

• Founder TripleA Admin

@Gargantua:

Wow!  $94,000+ in 9 Hours.   That’s pretty wicked;  I wonder how high it will go - we’re only just getting started.  Lots of interest!

So much excite!

• Ok i joined the bandwagon and pledged $350. I hope they make those changes. I would hate to make new cards for Germany, and Historical army designations.
    :-D

And the question how has Larry changed my life?

I can only say he caused me to make maps and AA related files for thousands of people and i was forced to learn Illustrator CS so i can do that. Took many hours of hard work.

Its at $117,000 and we got 12 hours left since it went live. Come on Asia, finish the job!

• Sponsor

@Imperious:

Ok i joined the bandwagon and pledged $350. I hope they make those changes. I would hate to make new cards for Germany, and Historical army designations.
    :-D

And the question how has Larry changed my life?

I can only say he caused me to make maps and AA related files for thousands of people and i was forced to learn Illustrator CS so i can do that. Took many hours of hard work.

Top shelf good sir.

• Wow, it might just get funded within 24 hours!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m