G40 Balance Mod - Rules and Download

• '19 '17 '16

@Gamerman01:

Yeah, that was a good fix - was so bogus that Russia could collect 5 a turn from Iraq

Their biggest territory is Moscow, at THREE IPC’s!!!

I really liked that loophole! Gave the allies some help and something to target. Also gave Germany additional hesitation in doing a G2 DOW.

• @Gamerman01:

Yeah, that was a good fix - was so bogus that Russia could collect 5 a turn from Iraq

Their biggest territory is Moscow, at THREE IPC’s!!!

That one didn’t bug me as much. But people running mech down into Africa to claim some of the Italian terr really struck me as wrong. Yeah Italian Somaliland is really that important to the common Russian.  :roll:

• '15 '14

PROPAGANDA! Way more important than economy  :mrgreen:

• '19 '17 '16

@regularkid:

that would be awesome, Simon. the most recent version of Balance Mod and the companion files containing the new unit images, objectives panel, etc. are in the first two posts of this thread, as Adam mentioned. Substituting the objectives.properties file in the “optional download” for the one in your Global folder will resolve the issue described in your prior post.

Balanced Mod is now incorporated into the prerelease of TripleA 1.9.

You can also do tech in Balanced Mod if you want to.

• '19 '17

@simon33:

@regularkid:

that would be awesome, Simon. the most recent version of Balance Mod and the companion files containing the new unit images, objectives panel, etc. are in the first two posts of this thread, as Adam mentioned. Substituting the objectives.properties file in the “optional download” for the one in your Global folder will resolve the issue described in your prior post.

Balanced Mod is now incorporated into the prerelease of TripleA 1.9.

You can also do tech in Balanced Mod if you want to.

Nice thank you.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Sorry if this has question been answered before.

Here is the scenario:

1. An allied cruiser drops a marine on an undefended axis-controlled island in a kamikaze zone, in combat movement phase.
    2. A kamikaze sinks the cruiser, at the beginning of combat phase.
    3. Marine takes the island without a fight, in combat phase.

Is this correct, or does sinking the cruiser mean the marine dies in the water and doesn’t get to land?

• Marine dies - kamikaze got 'im
    Damn Japs

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

ok thanks gamerman

• '19 '17

In the latest version of TripleA (1.9), the mod is included in the global package which means that you can choose the map instead of having to load a saved game (credits to Simon33). Keep in mind that you can’t use 1.9 to load older saves, so don’t delete 1.8 just yet.

If you run into issues with the objectives tab not showing up in BM in TripleA 1.9, let me know, I have a fix. I seem to have been the only one to run into an issue as far as I know.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

did someone make a cheat sheet for the new suite of NOs?

If so, could they post a link or something?  The prior links to some sort of chart don’t work.

• '19 '17

@Karl7:

If so, could they post a link or something?  The prior links to some sort of chart don’t work.

What do you mean by cheat sheet?

• It looks like that they are ALL embedded in the Objective Panel now and are highlighted when you are achieving one.

@Adam514:

@Karl7:

Just a convenient little chart or something with all the NO’s listed. As is the BM Mod doesn’t include the NO’s that the BM doesn’t change. Would just be nice to have them all together.

• '19 '17

@Karl7:

@Adam514:

@Karl7:

Just a convenient little chart or something with all the NO’s listed. As is the BM Mod doesn’t include the NO’s that the BM doesn’t change. Would just be nice to have them all together.

They are all in the objectives tab if you added the optional download/play in 1.9.

@Adam514:

@Karl7:

@Adam514:

@Karl7:

They are all in the objectives tab if you added the optional download/play in 1.9.

Nice!  But I was thinking of something for a face to face game…  :lol:

• '19 '17

Ahh, well I think Young Grasshopper made some NO cards for BM, not sure where they are now though. Probably in the Global 1940 section of the forum.

• '18 '16

I believe I ran into a bug with Vichy France happening even though a British Infantry was in Southern France.  Please see link in the following post:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=38795.0

• '19 '17

@Patryn:

I believe I ran into a bug with Vichy France happening even though a British Infantry was in Southern France.  Please see link in the following post:

Yup it seems to be related to the fact that it’s included in the 1.9 global package. The bug is here to stay until it’s updated.

Even changing Southern France to German controlled doesn’t prevent Vichy lol. I recommend changing Normandy back to French before France’s turn to thwart this bug for now.

• '19 '17 '16

@Adam514:

@Patryn:

Yup it seems to be related to the fact that it’s included in the 1.9 global package. The bug is here to stay until it’s updated.

Even changing Southern France to German controlled doesn’t prevent Vichy lol. I recommend changing Normandy back to French before France’s turn to thwart this bug for now.

Hmm, so you’re suggesting that a fix might be to have a new download for BM? I’d be a little reluctant to implement that because it means a lot of the map download is duplicated.

I’ll have a look if I can see a better fix.

• Hey all,

Attached is Balance Mod 2.1 (in saved game format). The only change is the correction of the Vichy Bug discussed above. If you are concerned about the bug affecting your games, you can play this version rather than the one that is built into TripleA until we get the latter version updated.

Thanks all for your patience.

-Joe

ww2global40_balanced2_1.tsvg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m