G40 Balance Mod - Rules and Download

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@oysteilo:

it is easier to ask here than going through all the rules

after vichy is activated:

Italy activates syria. Can Italy land fighters as a non combat move in Syria that same round?

thanks, excately what I was thinking

• *  3 PUs for each originally German, Italian, or Pro-Axis neutral territory that Russia controls in mainland Europe. (This modifies Russia’s “Spread of Communism” objective).

Do the Vichy rules impact this whatsoever? If Russia took Syria do they get a bonus? Speaking of, what exactly comprises mainland Europe here? I got lost earlier in that discussion. I’m pretty sure I know the answers to most of these, but I just figured I’d ask just to be clear.

• Scandanavia (y/n)
    • Sardinia (y/n)
    • Sicily (y/n)
    • Iraq (y/n)
    • Syria (y/n)

New Unit - Marines: Cost 5; Attack at 1 (2 during amphibious assaults); Defend at 2; No bonus from artillery; Can be loaded onto cruisers and battleships (1 to a ship).

Damaged carriers aren’t usable as landing platforms for air. And air got stuck on the carrier until it is repaired in the rare case where an allied fighter was on the carrier when it was damaged. Do damaged BBs preclude you from using them with marines? Would said marines become stuck on the bb if already loaded prior to taking that damage?

Fleet at Toulon: In addition to the change in French territorial control, the Armistice changes control of the the French fleet in sz 93, from French to Pro-Axis neutral. The Vichy French fleet maintains a strictly defensive posture. It may not be moved. It may not be captured by the Axis. The fleet is immediately destroyed if any power, other than the Free French, occupies Southern France

Do the Vichy ships block movement from any power? If air movement can fly over Vichy terr, can ships boat by these ships? Can Italy safely occupy the same sz with these ships? Or does strictly defensive mean they’ll engage anybody entering that sz? Lastly, if Italy and Vichy can cohabitat in the sz, what happens if the allies attack the Italian ships? Do the Vichy just watch from the sideline or would they also defend?

Thanks!

• '19 '17

@ScottishOne:

*   3 PUs for each originally German, Italian, or Pro-Axis neutral territory that Russia controls in mainland Europe. (This modifies Russia’s “Spread of Communism” objective).

Do the Vichy rules impact this whatsoever? If Russia took Syria do they get a bonus? Speaking of, what exactly comprises mainland Europe here? I got lost earlier in that discussion. I’m pretty sure I know the answers to most of these, but I just figured I’d ask just to be clear.

• Scandanavia (y/n)
    • Sardinia (y/n)
    • Sicily (y/n)
    • Iraq (y/n)
    • Syria (y/n)

New Unit - Marines: Cost 5; Attack at 1 (2 during amphibious assaults); Defend at 2; No bonus from artillery; Can be loaded onto cruisers and battleships (1 to a ship).

Damaged carriers aren’t usable as landing platforms for air. And air got stuck on the carrier until it is repaired in the rare case where an allied fighter was on the carrier when it was damaged. Do damaged BBs preclude you from using them with marines? Would said marines become stuck on the bb if already loaded prior to taking that damage?

Fleet at Toulon: In addition to the change in French territorial control, the Armistice changes control of the the French fleet in sz 93, from French to Pro-Axis neutral. The Vichy French fleet maintains a strictly defensive posture. It may not be moved. It may not be captured by the Axis. The fleet is immediately destroyed if any power, other than the Free French, occupies Southern France

Do the Vichy ships block movement from any power? If air movement can fly over Vichy terr, can ships boat by these ships? Can Italy safely occupy the same sz with these ships? Or does strictly defensive mean they’ll engage anybody entering that sz? Lastly, if Italy and Vichy can cohabitat in the sz, what happens if the allies attack the Italian ships? Do the Vichy just watch from the sideline or would they also defend?

Thanks!

No since they were originally French territories. Any Allied nation occupying them would receive the same amount.
    Mainland Europe is what is connected continuously by land to Central Europe, so Sicily and Sardinia are excluded, and Scandinavia stay in. Syria has never been in Europe.

Pretty sure that Allied fighter is dead if the carrier is damaged if it has no other viable landing spots, but to answer the BM question damaged BBs can still transport marines in the normal fashion.

The fleet at Toulon blocks Allied ship movement and Axis powers can move freely into that sea zone and defend with the Vichy fleet in the event of an attack.

No problem!

• There is a pretty rare case where allied air can get ‘stuck’ on a damaged carrier. Since joint attacks aren’t possible, a friendly air unit on a carrier would stay on the deck as a carrier moves into battle. If that carrier takes a hit, then the friendly air unit can’t take off until the carrier is repaired.

And thanks for the quick response.

• '19 '17

Oh okay yeah, that has never happened to me before. If you send a carrier with friendlies on it into battle you probably aren’t planning on keeping the carrier alive anyway.

Also forgot Iraq, which is also not in Europe.

• @Adam514:

Syria has never been in Europe.

Of course not!  But in A&A 1940 it is on the Europe game board.  Maybe that is where the question comes

• @Adam514:

Oh okay yeah, that has never happened to me before. If you send a carrier with friendlies on it into battle you probably aren’t planning on keeping the carrier alive anyway.

I’d rather not disagree with the great Adam, but I can definitely see situations where a carrier with a friendly plane or two would be sent in to attack, and the owner wouldn’t want to sink the carrier.  If you sink the carrier, you lose the allied plane automatically, of course.  If you’re sending it into battle, it’s probably preferably to take 1 hit and get it repaired later.  And there’s always the possibility of a hit and run, and that retreat might be back to a naval base where it could be repaired soon

• '19 '17 '16

So that means you don’t get the bonus for Iraq any more.  I didn’t notice that.

• Yeah, that was a good fix - was so bogus that Russia could collect 5 a turn from Iraq

Their biggest territory is Moscow, at THREE IPC’s!!!

• '19 '17 '16

@Gamerman01:

Yeah, that was a good fix - was so bogus that Russia could collect 5 a turn from Iraq

I really liked that loophole! Gave the allies some help and something to target. Also gave Germany additional hesitation in doing a G2 DOW.

• @Gamerman01:

Yeah, that was a good fix - was so bogus that Russia could collect 5 a turn from Iraq

That one didn’t bug me as much. But people running mech down into Africa to claim some of the Italian terr really struck me as wrong. Yeah Italian Somaliland is really that important to the common Russian.  :roll:

• '15 '14

PROPAGANDA! Way more important than economy  :mrgreen:

• '19 '17 '16

@regularkid:

that would be awesome, Simon. the most recent version of Balance Mod and the companion files containing the new unit images, objectives panel, etc. are in the first two posts of this thread, as Adam mentioned. Substituting the objectives.properties file in the “optional download” for the one in your Global folder will resolve the issue described in your prior post.

Balanced Mod is now incorporated into the prerelease of TripleA 1.9.

You can also do tech in Balanced Mod if you want to.

• '19 '17

@simon33:

@regularkid:

that would be awesome, Simon. the most recent version of Balance Mod and the companion files containing the new unit images, objectives panel, etc. are in the first two posts of this thread, as Adam mentioned. Substituting the objectives.properties file in the “optional download” for the one in your Global folder will resolve the issue described in your prior post.

Balanced Mod is now incorporated into the prerelease of TripleA 1.9.

You can also do tech in Balanced Mod if you want to.

Nice thank you.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Sorry if this has question been answered before.

Here is the scenario:

1. An allied cruiser drops a marine on an undefended axis-controlled island in a kamikaze zone, in combat movement phase.
    2. A kamikaze sinks the cruiser, at the beginning of combat phase.
    3. Marine takes the island without a fight, in combat phase.

Is this correct, or does sinking the cruiser mean the marine dies in the water and doesn’t get to land?

• Marine dies - kamikaze got 'im
    Damn Japs

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

ok thanks gamerman

• '19 '17

In the latest version of TripleA (1.9), the mod is included in the global package which means that you can choose the map instead of having to load a saved game (credits to Simon33). Keep in mind that you can’t use 1.9 to load older saves, so don’t delete 1.8 just yet.

If you run into issues with the objectives tab not showing up in BM in TripleA 1.9, let me know, I have a fix. I seem to have been the only one to run into an issue as far as I know.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

did someone make a cheat sheet for the new suite of NOs?

If so, could they post a link or something?  The prior links to some sort of chart don’t work.

• '19 '17

@Karl7:

did someone make a cheat sheet for the new suite of NOs?

If so, could they post a link or something?  The prior links to some sort of chart don’t work.

What do you mean by cheat sheet?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m