How is there not a discussion about the Blue Jays Epic win yesterday?

• Maybe it was because everyone was mourning the loss of Rommel, to poison, or worse
    still, rueing the day that William, the Bastard, of Normandy conquered England.
    Love October the 14th.

Nice to hear from you Garg. Hope you have been well.
    You are missed here.

• Who or what are the Blue Jays?

Should I care?

Anyone want to know about the England vs Pakistan cricket test match?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Because they are Canadian.

No one cares.

• And just to add a Montreal perspective: the big story in the papers here yesterday was the epic win scored by the Jays, whereas today the big story is that the Montreal Canadiens have, for the first time in their over-100 years of history as a hockey team, started a regular season with five consecutive wins in their first five games.

^ Priorities. Where they should be.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

LET’S GO METS! woo

• I don’t think so ! CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Regards Ernie

P.S. I thought Blue Jays flew south to Mexico this time of year. wth

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

That was the craziest, nuttiest, tension-filled game I’ve seen in a long time. I need/want/have to see what the Jays will do to the surrounding homes near Wrigley. If I lived 1000 ft from the yard, I would invest in more home owners insurance immediately.

• Rumors have it where the Jays are picked to win the World Series.

@Gargantua:

I came here today, thinking for sure there would be a weeks old thread about the Blue Jays!

YG I am gravely disappointed!

Epic Win yesterday!

Congratulations to Toronto, they’ve earned it, and this comes from a Texas Rangers fan. Sorry for not responding, but I’m mourning my teams loss, because I’m on the other side of the coin.

• I was hoping the Texas Rangers would make right the melt down in 2011.

@ABWorsham:

I was hoping the Texas Rangers would make right the melt down in 2011.

I was hoping they would as well, but I guess we will have to wait longer. :-)

• Labron James should win again. Singlehandedly.

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

I came here today, thinking for sure there would be a weeks old thread about the Blue Jays!

YG I am gravely disappointed!

Epic Win yesterday!

I am A big Jays fan, but after this post season I got completly turned off from baseball, not because of the bad calls or Baltista acting like an ego clown, but because of the whole baseball culture I wasn’t aware of in the past due to the Jays long playoff drought. I’m a hockey guy first and formost, so to see the Bluejays or any team for that matter party that f**king hard because of a division win, or a single playoff series win to me was absolutly stupid. The Jays clinched the division after game 1 of a double header, and instead of playing the next two games with a full squad and ensuring themselves home field advantage through out the playoffs, they decided to get hammered drunk and party their faces off. So what ended up happening was the Royals went on a three game win streak and stole the American League standings which allowed them to strategically dismember the jays on their home field during the second series. So in the end, The jays celebrated with champaign when they clinched a playoff birth, then again when they clinched the American League East Division, and a third time when they won their first playoff series against the Rangers… can someone tell me how they could posibly top all this if they were to accually win the world series. You would never see that kinda crap in ice hockey, because after each series win leading up to the Stanley Cup final, players will tell you with bold conviction that they haven’t won anything yet… but in baseball if you even get in to the playoffs, you can party like you’ve won everything, it just echos some of the problems I have with soccer, and I don’t think I’ll be cheering for any baseball team in the future.

• It’s because the BJs didn’t win, the Rangers gave up the game.  Stupid Andrus.

j/k  Rangers had no right to be where they were considering last season and spring training.  I’m looking forward to next year when they make Bautista eat his bat.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m