Private Panic Still Here But Only Just!

• I have not left the forum. I still participate in games via this site and “nurture” the UK A&A community via Events and Find Players as best I can.

But I have been ignoring everything else for the last couple of months and plan to keep on doing so unless things change. I had not bothered to “announce” this as I did not think that those who have made this forum less enjoyable for me would be interested, except as an opportunity to tell me how little I would be missed!

However, I have just discovered the temporary or permanent departure of YG and Wolf and decided that going quietly was easy on me but a disservice to those forum colleagues who would prefer a moderate forum in every sense.

Cheers
    PP

• Morning Adam.
    Always good to read your posts.

• Good afternoon.
    I agree Leo.

• Good to have you here, PP!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Interesting,

YG’s reasons were very different from Wolf’s.

And as far as I can tell Panic’s are different from both of them as well?

Bothered by totally different clusters of members…

Is there some singular behaviour we can identify as a problem?  I am curious to learn more

• Probably negative bashing posts anywhere on site period.

• '19 '17 '16

Perhaps PP, Wolf, and YG would kindly explain themselves better, and perhaps they could post a list of the ‘bad people’ so we know if we are among them.  If I’m one of the ‘bad people’ please let me know, and I’ll happily just stop participating completely except for playing league games, assuming playing league games doesn’t offend anyone.  This is how I see it.

Being fairly new I wasn’t aware of the ‘no politics’ rule on here, so when someone posted a political topic I commented on it and objected to censoring posts on the grounds of open discussion (even though I disagreed with the post that people wanted censored).  I know YG had a problem with that, but once I was made aware of the ‘no politics’ rule I ceased participating in the discussion and conceded YG’s point.

As for Wolf I don’t understand his rage, but I’m not privy to everything, either, except that I’ve seen him make his share of nasty comments to others in addition to his own attempts at humour.  Again, if I’m one of the ‘bad people’ please let me know.

I for one rather enjoy peoples’ attempts at humour.  I get a real kick out of Lord Curt’s comedy schtick, even though I hated that crappy Hollywood attempt to re-make The Road Warrior.  Yes, it’s a comedy schtick, and he goes to great lengths to show it as such.  Anyone who takes it personally or as a personal affront - well, I just don’t know what to say to him.  Furthermore, Lord Curt isn’t a troll; he contributes by playing games, and from what I can see he plays them well…. even though he hasn’t had the guts to challenge me to a game yet.   :wink:  Gargantua adds personality and fun to the forums, in my opinion.

You know, at the end of the day this is a board game; something people do for fun and entertainment.

• I do not want to start debating at length my reasons. After-all l was not even gojng to announce my decision. But having now done so I do owe at least one attempt to explain more fully.

Over recent months the content of the forum has changed with, as SS says, more negative bashing posts. Many of these are in humour. My own sense of humour can be pretty caustic. But are intended to include the target in the joke, not be at the expense of that person. That is a key difference for me.

Other negative bashing posts feature when those with polarised views swap insults.

That is not to say that I can remember being the butt of those non-inclusive jokes or swapped insults. My decision to step back is not personal. The character of the forum has changed and I do not enjoy having to wade through the negative stuff in order to get to something that I enjoy. So much so that I am now much less likely to recommend the forum to other A&A players.

None of which is important if forum members like what they have. Hence my original intention of not making an announcement. I have merely voted with my feet fingers as do we all.

P.S. Presumably the member who un-liked my starting post is glad to see me go?!

Stuck Tojo is such a Forum Terrorist; I can’t handle him. :P

All his mean posts make me want to consider quitting A&A.org; or make my own thread about quitting; and then wait for my fan base to arrive and beg me to stay; or vote me into the community (The Curtmungus Special!). /Sarcasm.

Perhaps there is more to the story though…  Is it a coincidence that the “rise of the youtube stars” coincides with the perceived negativity and decline of this place?  Let’s get Alex Jones on the line to confirm.  A Conspiracy is at work here!

• even though he hasn’t had the guts to challenge me to a game yet.  wink

YOU WANT TO GO!

dooom… dadooom… dadadooom…

The drums of war are sounding!

• Garg im surprised your not concerned about the treads that are removed and the posts…

@Imperious:

Garg im surprised your not concerned about the treads that are removed and the posts…

The price of victory is never cheap.  Neither is the price of Liberty; or free speech.

Have some of my soldier threads fallen? my great works forever sentenced to quarantine?  Yes.  But we do not forget their sacrifice.

All’s fair in Love, war, and forum posts on AxisandAllies.org

• '19 '17 '16

@Lord:

even though he hasn’t had the guts to challenge me to a game yet.   wink

YOU WANT TO GO!

dooom… dadooom… dadadooom…

The drums of war are sounding!

I knew I’d seen that hockey mask before.  I made your sister put it on the last time I took her on a date!

Let’s go!!!

• Sponsor

I’ve been harassed by an internet psycho named “Vann”, not just here… but on all my platforms including email. This guy scares the crap out of me because the combination of him targeting me for the past 6 months, and having zero social sense makes him dangerous IMO. I suppose a better explanation for my departure was required which I have no problem doing for those that care. I have been getting much more A&A customizations done behind the scenes while still peaking in, this also includes making “real” contacts with many members by phone which is the type of interaction I prefer at this time.

Like PP… I’m not completely gone, I will be sharing my card deck files with the community very soon.

YG.

• I’m glad your doing well. Take care.

• Good to hear from you, YG.

• Sponsor

@wittmann:

Good to hear from you, YG.

Thanks, and of course as soon as I pop my head up and write my first post after leaving… I get a PM from VANN.

AWESOME!!!

• A contrite one, I hope.

• '17 '16

Me too.

• '17 '16 '15

@Young:

@wittmann:

Good to hear from you, YG.

Thanks, and of course as soon as I pop my head up and write my first post after leaving… I get a PM from VANN.

AWESOME!!!

Must not be a function that allows one to block users from sending one a pm. Wouldn’t think that’d be too hard to implement, other sites have it.

Anyway there are a lot of people that appreciate the time you put into A&A YG.

Peace Out

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m