List of countries USA has bombed since 1945

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I was thinking about this the other day… and started making a list of countries the USA has bombed since 1945. Note that this list does not include the following military invasions, interventions, occupations, or assassinations.

The list is also incomplete, and if anyone can help me add in the missing countries, please do so! :P

Afghanistan

Belgian Congo

Bosnia

Cambodia

China

Cuba

Dominican Republic

El Salvador

Guatemala

Grenada

Indonesia

Iran

Iraq

Korea

Kuwait

Laos

Lebanon

Libya

Nicaragua

Pakistan

Panama

Peru

Somalia

Sudan

Syria

Vietnam

Yugoslavia – Serbia

A few countries I suspect might qualify but I haven’t yet research include:

• Morocco, Jordan, South Africa, Angola, Egypt, Argentina, Columbia, Chile, Russia/Georgia, New Guinea, Canada (bomb testing! :P), Israel (In defense of the nation).

Thoughts on accuracy? Comments?

• That is a hell of a list Garg.
    I can’t help with it, as I have never been interested in Post War history.
    They have bombed China? Was that in the Korean War?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Garg,
    Why the list?
    Where are you going with this?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@coachofmany:

Garg,
    Why the list?
    Where are you going with this?

He hates us Americans for having a military that can bomb so many places. Canada could never be so cool…  :-P

You clowns. :)

It’s just a point of military history I found interesting. Just like when I discovered that the first bomb dropped by the Germans on Leningrad - killed the only elephant in the entire city.

I’m not going anywhere with it, it’s just interesting information. :P

• How many countries has the UK bombed?  Russia?

@BJCard:

How many countries has the UK bombed?�  Russia?�

Good question, UK and Russia both deserve their own lists.

Russia
    -Afghanistan
    -Georgia
    -Poland
    -Hungary
    -Korea

UK
    -Argentina
    -Iraq
    -Afghanistan

Surely there are more?

• The UN was involved in Korea- surely the UK was there too?

• @Gargantua:

I was thinking about this the other day… and started making a list of countries the USA has bombed since 1945. Note that this list does not include the following military invasions, interventions, occupations, or assassinations.

was it maybe this T-Shirt wich inspired you for this Topic Gar?

5196HrTwVnL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    41IW-Iky1AL__SS500_.jpg

@aequitas:

@Gargantua:

was it maybe this T-Shirt wich inspired you for this Topic Gar?

LOL epic, where can I order that?

Watching this like a hawk. But carry on.

For Russia, I think it would be more honest to include the regimes they supplied weapons to as well. You could do the same to the US-supported regimes.

GG

• @Guerrilla:

Watching this like a hawk. But carry on.

For Russia, I think it would be more honest to include the regimes they supplied weapons to as well. You could do the same to the US-supported regimes.

GG

Well, if you are going to that far than you could expand the list to every country that has an arms industry…  and who they sell/give weapons to.  Here’s looking at you France, UK, India, Iran, China, etc.

• Was Indonesia bombed by the US? Was that when they invaded New Guinea?

This thread reminds me of a book i saw at Waterstones. I cant remember the name, but it was about all the countries ever invaded by the British. I believe it was about 180 countries!

• '17

I am surprised about Indonesia … never heard about this before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Indonesia

• Ex - DDR ,Eastern part of Germany was bombed by tactical Rasin-Bombers from the U.S…
    They scared the sulphates out of the Germans, very scarry though…

scandalous…

• Customizer

Gar & Others,

@Gargantua:

The list is also incomplete, and if anyone can help me add in the missing countries, please do so! :P

––Here’s something for you to consider. Since the grounds of a nations foreign embassies are considered as sovereign territory of that nation,…I’ll add FRANCE to your list and explain why.

––President Ronald Reagan ordered an airstrike from England against Colonel Quadafi’s Libya. France refused the requested overflight of it’s territory(France) by F-111s on the way to strike Libya making it an extremely long flight around France. One of the laser guided missiles with pin-point accuracy “accidently” impacted the French Embassy building in Libya. A friendly associate of mine was(is) a big wheel at Texas Instruments computers and had an “advisory” position with the Armed services. After the strike when we mentioned to him that one of the missiles had missed it’s target, he responded,…“We hit everything we AIMED for!” We knew better than to ask for any further info as he said he couldn’t say any more about it.

“Tall Paul”

If I’m not mistaken, the U.S. supplied air support to french troops in Vietnam when it was still French.

They almost provided nuclear support too under the name operation Condor.

In regards to the validation of this thread…

@wheatbeer:

I am surprised about Indonesia … never heard about this before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_activities_in_Indonesia

This is exactly what I was hoping to see. People learning and enjoying thier OWN history! :P

• '17

@Gargantua:

This is exactly what I was hoping to see. People learning and enjoying thier OWN history! :P

What makes you think I’m Indonesian?

• I wonder how many nations the Taliban bombed?

Probably like triple the list…

• @Imperious:

I wonder how many nations the Taliban bombed?

Probably like triple the list…

maybe change it to Al Qaida or Hamas.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m