Are you proud of your country ?

• @Yanny:

I live in the best country of the world.

That does not exist, sorry but i don’t think it is a very mature feeling.

We’re just in a bad stage right now. Not only are we the most powerful country in the world, we have the third best standard of living, the best economy, and can do the most for the world. We could do a lot of good if we just regonized that we could do good.

Third Best standard ? With all this pollution & violence ? It is very subjective anyway as we all have different need, but i think country like Canada, Sweden, Norway and Finland can more easily represent the universal “best standard” for the human nature.

I am incredible proud of my country’s history. Until we became a World Power, we were an example for colonies of the world. The Founding Fathers were brave men, who sacrificed everything for our country.

I would’nt be proud of how American the treat the amerindians… only the french were acting with honor with the native.

• I could not ask for any more than what my country has given me. The Cradle of Democracy, Birthplace of Our Founding Fathers, and the Hallmark of Freedom… all things unite under a brave new world. I may not have been born in America, but it is the place that I can call home. America gives so much and asks for so little in return. She may have been wrought with disdain and conflict in the past (segregation, inequality of sexes and races) with problems persisting today (overseas policy), but the ideals and institutions will always remain the same.

What then is the American, this new man?…He is an American, who, leaving behind him all his ancient prejudices and manners, receives new ones from the new mode of life he has embraced, the new government he obeys, and the new rank he holds. He becomes an American by being received in the broad lap of our great Alma Mater. Here individuals of all nations are melted into a new race of men, whose labors and posterity will one day cause great changes in the world. ~ Michel Guillaume Jean de Crevecoeur

• Nope, we’re third. Canada is first, and either Norway or Finland or Sweden is second, depending on who you ask. Japan is right behind us at fourth.

• If I recall during the Napoleonic Wars British AND French soldiers slaughtered many civilians…

• @Yanny:

Nope, we’re third. Canada is first, and either Norway or Finland or Sweden is second, depending on who you ask. Japan is right behind us at fourth.

Whereever you get that from…

i think these statistics are quite strange. It seems like each and every country is second or third there (noone is first :) )… at least the Aussies are somewhere in the TOP3 but first … well, that’s what they claim for themselves :)

It’s hard to say…
    but for me a country where you build houses out of something else but stone and don’t have double glassing for all your windows can’t be rated anywhere high … IMHO

• @F_alk:

@Yanny:

Nope, we’re third. Canada is first, and either Norway or Finland or Sweden is second, depending on who you ask. Japan is right behind us at fourth.

Whereever you get that from…

i think these statistics are quite strange. It seems like each and every country is second or third there (noone is first :) )… at least the Aussies are somewhere in the TOP3 but first … well, that’s what they claim for themselves :)

It’s hard to say…
    but for me a country where you build houses out of something else but stone and don’t have double glassing for all your windows can’t be rated anywhere high … IMHO

It really depends on your source. For something like 5 or 8 of the last 10 years the UN has ranked the standard of living for Canadians the highest in the world, usually followed by the Scandanavian countries and Japan. US is usually round 7th or so, in close ranks with the other european countries. This is usually based on literacy, health, social programs etc. Canada has slipped to number 2 recently because of poverty amoungst the native population.

• I think Norway is number 1 this year.

• Canada got 3rd :(

but stil thats pretty good :)

• @Anonymous:

Canada got 3rd :(

but stil thats pretty good :)

opps :) thats me (I forgot to log in)

• Just wanted to add - saw some literally “world-class” volleyball last night. Canada beat the Czech republic in 5 games in volleyball. (Winnipeg - where i live - stations the men and women’s national volleyball teams so we get to see a lot of great games)
    anyway, i almost started a poll last night on what the most underrated sport in the world was.
    I’ve always loved volleyball (and not just Brazillian women’s beach volleyball).
    It has more strategy than American Football, more reflexes than hockey, more finesse than darts, more swing than baseball.
    Anyway - Go Canada (we play then tonight looking for a spot in the world’s).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m