WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread

• Noticed a bug in the map, which I’m sure you’re aware of, but I find it best to point it out anyway:

The mIC did not disappear when J conquested Siberia.

• @regularkid said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

Hey guys. Adam brought something to my attention that I just fixed. An AA gun was inadvertantly removed from United Kingdom (it should have four, not three, AA guns at the start). I updated the map to reflect this change, so if you download it now it will have the correct number of AA guns.

If you are using the older version, you should definitely add an AA gun to UK before beginning, because that was not an intended change. Thanks!

And Italy should have 3 aa, not 4?

• Found another bug. When I try to move land units (1 inf, 1 art) from Tambov to Saratov, it won’t let me, but claims that I want to move the units through Tula. Or is there some kind of iron curtain between Tambov and Saratov?

• And it’s the same the other direction.

• '19 '17

@trulpen Italy is by design, rest have already been fixed if you reinstall the map.

• Thanks, will do.

• Hey guys, we’re close to releasing a small update to the map to address some minor clerical issues (spelling errors in game notes, a more aesthetic placement of the sz 20 kamakaze marker, etc.)

One issue we would like to address in this update, based on play-testing and player feedback, is the question of carrier capabilities vs. unit cost.

The first change we are considering is to reduce carrier defense from 2 to 1. This would place the focus on the carrier’s capability as a floating airbase rather than as a combat unit unto itself.

The second change would be to forbid carrier scramble to empty sea zones (similar to the rule against land scramble to empty territories). This change would allow easier capture of islands/territories from sea zones that are not defended by ships.

The overall aim of these changes is to bring carrier capabilities more in line with their cost.

We welcome your feedback to these proposals.

carrier.jpg )

• @regularkid said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

Hey guys, we’re close to releasing a small update to the map to address some minor clerical issues (spelling errors in game notes, a more aesthetic placement of the sz 20 kamakaze marker, etc.)

One issue we would like to address in this update, based on play-testing and player feedback, is the question of carrier capabilities vs. unit cost.

The first change we are considering is to reduce carrier defense from 2 to 1. This would place the focus on the carrier’s capability as a floating airbase rather than as a combat unit unto itself.

The second change would be to forbid carrier scramble to empty sea zones (similar to the rule against land scramble to empty territories). This change would allow easier capture of islands/territories from sea zones that are not defended by ships.

The overall aim of these changes is to bring carrier capabilities more in line with their cost.

We welcome your feedback to these proposals.

carrier.jpg )

I have only played one game of PTV, but I’d say the second option would be better. It makes the rule at sea, the same as on land, and is a bigger nerf to an OP unit. Defense dropping from 2 to 1 would be barely noticeable, IMO. The carrier scramble is a fun rule, but it took one of the strongest units in the game, and made it much stronger. Thus, I think the bigger adjustment is called for.

• Good changes.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

I would suggest a further restriction on CV scramble. The sea zone to be protected must have a combat ship and not just a transport. Celebes used to be a black hole in the DEI to retake. To go there, you were isolated and gave up control of much of the surrounding space.
    Now you can park there and send transports to take the other islands, and defend everybody on 3 of 4 money islands + Philippines. Eventually, the Allies can build forces to push on the Japanese, but early game there’s not even the opportunity to trade territory. But 3-4 rounds of the Japanese = 70+ IPC is a very tough hill to climb.

• @surfer yup agreed. It will require a combat ship.

• Then with land-scramble an aa won’t do the trick?

• Can we get an official map picture showing all these changes, I think i may want to make a custom map for this-

• '20 '16

@trulpen said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

Then with land-scramble an aa won’t do the trick?

AAA is a combat unit, so it would work.

• @CaptainNapalm said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

@trulpen said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

Then with land-scramble an aa won’t do the trick?

AAA is a combat unit, so it would work.

It’s about as much a combat-unit as a trannie. It doesn’t have an attack value and a special defence value.

• @Imperious-Leader said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

Can we get an official map picture showing all these changes, I think i may want to make a custom map for this-

Not sure what you mean. This map is on TripleA.

• 2024 2023 '22 '15 '11 '10 Official Q&A Moderator

Question about revised carrier rules as presented in Triple A notes:

Last sentence says “Otherwise, the planes may land in any adjacent territory”.

This should include open, undamaged aircraft carriers within 1 movement point away (adjacent sea zones), too, right?

I know this is fairly nitpicky, but I can see this potentially being a problem between players in the middle of a game, thanks.

• Should be, in accordance with the rules.

• '19 '17

@gamerman01 said in WW2 Path to Victory - Feedback Thread:

Question about revised carrier rules as presented in Triple A notes:

Last sentence says “Otherwise, the planes may land in any adjacent territory”.

This should include open, undamaged aircraft carriers within 1 movement point away (adjacent sea zones), too, right?

I know this is fairly nitpicky, but I can see this potentially being a problem between players in the middle of a game, thanks.

Yeah that wording was changed in later versions, you can land in any viable landing spot with your 1 movement after the battle if your original carrier/territory is no longer a viable landing spot.

• Probably a known issue, but I was trying my first move on PTV (I hope this is the right place to post a technical issue) and Triple A wouldn’t let the plane on Korea go 1 space to Zone 20. To attack Hong Kong I had to use edit mode.

Thanks

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m