Group Details Private

Patron 2021 - Bronze

• RE: ABH and Crockett36, (A+100) tutor game

@crockett36 Yeah, work has been hard recently. Can’t get to the game like I was. Glad you have taken care of things. The break will give me a chance to get ahead of tasks.

posted in Play Boardgames
  • RE: L22 ABH (X) vs Surfer (A+22) BM3

@Arthur-Bomber-Harris sorry, didn’t get to move before you left, but I’m sure you’ll enjoy the trip all the same!!

posted in League

Game History

Round: 7

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 4 artilleries and 2 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            10 infantry moved from Russia to Samara
            1 artillery moved from Russia to Samara
            2 infantry moved from Russia to Vologda
            2 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Russia to Vologda
            1 fighter moved from Russia to Vologda
            1 artillery and 10 infantry moved from Russia to Smolensk
            10 infantry moved from Russia to Samara
            1 artillery moved from Russia to Samara

Combat - Russians
            Battle in Smolensk
                Russians attack with 1 artillery and 10 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 1 artillery and 10 infantry in Smolensk, round 2 : 2/11 hits, 2.17 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 infantry in Smolensk, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0.33 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Smolensk
                Russians win, taking Smolensk from Germans with 1 artillery and 10 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Germans: 1 infantry
            Battle in Samara
                Russians attack with 2 artilleries and 20 infantry
                Germans defend with 1 armour and 1 mech_infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 2 artilleries and 20 infantry in Samara, round 2 : 6/22 hits, 4.33 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 1 armour and 1 mech_infantry in Samara, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.83 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians, 1 armour owned by the Germans and 1 mech_infantry owned by the Germans lost in Samara
                Russians win, taking Samara from Germans with 2 artilleries and 19 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Germans: 1 armour and 1 mech_infantry
            Battle in Vologda
                Russians attack with 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber
                Germans defend with 2 infantry
                    Russians roll dice for 3 fighters, 2 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber in Vologda, round 2 : 4/6 hits, 2.50 expected hits
                    Germans roll dice for 2 infantry in Vologda, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0.67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Russians and 2 infantry owned by the Germans lost in Vologda
                Russians win, taking Vologda from Germans with 3 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for Russians: 1 infantry
                Casualties for Germans: 2 infantry

Non Combat Move - Russians
            3 fighters and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Vologda to Russia
            8 infantry moved from Russia to Samara
            1 aaGun moved from Russia to Samara
            21 infantry moved from Russia to Smolensk
            2 aaGuns moved from Russia to Smolensk
            1 armour moved from Russia to Samara
            1 armour moved from Russia to Smolensk
            1 infantry moved from Russia to Samara
            1 infantry moved from Russia to Samara
            1 aaGun and 3 infantry moved from Yakut S.S.R. to Buryatia

Place Units - Russians
            4 artilleries and 2 infantry placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
            Russians collect 12 PUs; end with 12 PUs
            Trigger Russians 7 Great Patriotic War: Russians met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 15 PUs
            Trigger Russians 2 Persia Lend Lease Lane: Russians met a national objective for an additional 2 PUs; end with 17 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Germans regular : 0.17
    Russians regular : 3.00

R7-abh-v-surfer.tsvg

posted in League
  • RE: Global 1942 Scenario by Larry Harris

@cyanight

Good point. We often end G40 games by surrender/mutual agreement, but there are a variety of skill levels and so some players wither. The bloodbath, mark movel victory card and Young Grasshopper systems also address this by reducing it to an 8-10 turn game, and are based on G40.

posted in Axis & Allies Global 1940

@dead-head

its easy to forget there are no factories on normandy and southern france too, in that version. Also the turn order is different. Lots of welcome changes.

• TX OK KS MO IL IN TN OH KY MI WI Global 40 Players

Hello from General Taamvan,

I’m working on a project to bring together Global 40 and Global 40 variant players for live play. I’ve combed this site and others, but if you are currently active and ready to play Global and Global Variants in person, please message me or reply here with your information.

I live in Kansas City (about 8-15 active monthly players) and Saint Louis (10-16+ players), with an additional 8-10 or so in western IL and Chicago. I’ve got contact information to share with you to connect with others in the listed geographical areas, but I will not share your full information with anyone else.

If you are already experienced in G40, the goal is to play G42 and Blood Bath Variant in the tournament format. In preparation, we would play G40.

These four areas are my focus:

TX/OK
    KC/STL/IL
    KY/OH/TN/IN
    WI/MI

posted in Player Locator

Game History

Round: 6

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 fighter and 1 submarine; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 transport moved from 62 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 62 Sea Zone to 54 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from New South Wales to Queensland

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 submarine placed in 62 Sea Zone
            1 fighter placed in New South Wales

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 10 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 3 Pacific Supply Lines: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 13 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 16 PUs

Combat Move - French
            1 destroyer moved from 76 Sea Zone to 80 Sea Zone

Non Combat Move - French

Turn Complete - French

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

F6-abh-v-surfer.tsvg

posted in League

@arthur-bomber-harris Do you mean this particular game, or in general?
    Round 6 is always a pivotal point in the game. If the Axis gain economic parity (which you have done), then the Allies have a slog.

However, at this point the Allies start to get their advanced bonuses (Med, Normandy, Africa) and the Axis are mostly maxed out of theirs. Further, the economic game seems to largely turn on DEI and any Allied Landing. Additionally, now you are pressing into my territory and the supply lines are nearly equally long or shorter for the Allies.

I like your position probably better, but the game is far from decided in my view. However, in just about every game (except 2) the game is all but over on Turn 9-10 regardless of who is ahead in Turn 6.

posted in League

@general-6-stars

https://headlesshorseman2.com/uploads/3/4/0/0/34000156/glenoversetupplan2021_8.31.pdf

its been around for a long time. It isn’t perfect but its faster and cleaner than G40 (I’d actually mod G42 before G40). And it is canon in that it has Larry Harris bless and playtest by the original crew.

• RE: Aggressive Soviet Union (Alpha +3)

@arthur-bomber-harris

somehow tanks just work. They shouldn’t work as well as they do, but 1-space moving guys dont scare germany at all. Without some kind of improvement (tech, bid, extra beef) the germans can stackwalk right up to moscow and you still can’t attack them with everything you built over 5 turns. They’re not afraid of you because all their stuff moves 2 (or 4, or 6) and all Russia’s stuff moves 1.