• You are either going to a minimum security prison for life, or shipwreck on an well furnished but isolated island with a few close friends, which single Axis and Allies game are you taking with you?

• yes  :wink:

• @ABWorsham:

You are either going to a minimum security prison for life, or shipwreck on an well furnished but isolated island with a few close friends, which single Axis and Allies game are you taking with you?

Does Global 1940 count as a single game, given that it has two constituent parts?  If yes, I’d probably pick that; if not, I’d probably pick Anniversary.

• @ABWorsham:

You are either going to a minimum security prison for life […] with a few close friends

That’s actually an intriguing component of your question, since it assumes that my friends are I are all either criminals or the victims of a false conviction.  It remind me of an old joke: an accused perpetrator is asked by a judge whether he wants to be tried by a judge alone or by “a jury of his peers”.  The perpetrator, looking very doubtful, answers, “A jury of my peers?  Where the heck are you going to find twelve drug dealers, bank robbers and racketeeers who’ll be willing to serve on a jury?”

• '17 '16

I would avoid prison until I can get the new Anniversary Edition, then turn myself in after that… I will then take to Twitter and taunt all the original owners of AA50 being “limited edition”.

P.S.
    As for why I was in prison, I’m sure it would be because I went ‘round sayin’ I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they’d put me away for that.

• Original Europe (2000). Germany against the World, with Oil and Convoy Boxes. Got me back into AA after 10 years in the Wilderness.
    Only wished Italy had been a separate nation, of course.

• '19 '17 '16

@wittmann:

Original Europe (2000). Germany against the World, with Oil and Convoy Boxes. Got me back into AA after 10 years in the Wilderness.
    Only wished Italy had been a separate nation, of course.

My friend and I modified the game years ago so that Italy is a separate power.  It worked great and made the game so much more fun.

• Do I get to choose the friends I am shipwrecked with? If so how do I decide between a bevy of beautiful young ladies with no interest in war games or a bunch of nerdy blokes who like playing with plastic soldiers? It is a tough call! :-o

• '17 '16

@Private:

Do I get to choose the friends I am shipwrecked with? If so how do I decide between a bevy of beautiful young ladies with no interest in war games or a bunch of nerdy blokes who like playing with plastic soldiers? It is a tough call! :-o

Simple… as I already have planned for my island… your nerdy friends (pick lazy heavyset ones, with no desire to explore), hang out with you with copies of Axis and Allies to play to your hearts content… late at night, you slip away from the hut, traverse through the jungle to the other side of the island where a host of beautiful young ladies await, hidden away at the edge of a pool at the bottom of a waterfall where they eagerly await you every night…

Your friends wonder why you seem exhausted every morning, like you didn’t get any sleep… “Nevermind” you say… “Lets play some A&A”.

• It seems to me that the optimal solution is actually to shipwrecked on a deserted island with a bevy of beautiful young ladies who are enthusiastic A&A players.  Sort of a win-win scenario.

• '17 '16

@CWO:

It seems to me that the optimal solution is actually to shipwrecked on a deserted island with a bevy of beautiful young ladies who are enthusiastic A&A players.   Sort of a win-win scenario.

Yes, but as with all women, eventually they’ll start complaining about that thing you did 7-years ago that bothered them, completely out of the blue, and make life miserable and there’s no guys to run off to and de-stress with.

There needs to be a happy medium somewhere…

• On a related note, here’s the best (and I think only) deserted island joke that I’ve ever heard.  Three guys who’ve been stuck on a deserted island for many years find an ornate corked bottle which has washed up on the beach.  They uncork it and a genie appears.  In gratitude for his freedom, the genie offers to grant the men three wishes in total, meaning one apiece.  The first man says, “I’m sick and tired of being stranded on this miserable island.  I wish that I was in Paris.”  The genie waves his hand and the man is immediately transported to Paris, right next to the Eiffel Tower.  Back on the island, the second man says, “I’m sick and tired of being stranded on this miserable island.  I wish that I was in New York City.”  The genie waves his hand and the man is immediately transported to New York City, right next to the Empire State Building.  Back on the island, the third man says, “I’m lonely here all by myself.  I wish that my two friends were back.”

• Well! Listening to Wolf and Marc prattle on makes me realise just how much I would prefer the bevy of beauties to any number of A&A nerds. Thanks for the help with making my decision guys! :-D

• Customizer

The real life Robinson Crusoe snipped the ears of goats he found “the most enjoyable” so he didn’t kill and eat them.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Pathfinder core rules and expansion character books and pawns  axa would get boring…

• '17 '16

@Private:

Well! Listening to Wolf and Marc prattle on makes me realise just how much I would prefer the bevy of beauties to any number of A&A nerds. Thanks for the help with making my decision guys! :-D

Who are you calling a Nerd, Nerd?  :-D

• Hehehe!  :-D My wife certainly says I am a nerd and I am NOT allowed to disagree with her! :roll:

• @Private:

Hehehe!  :-D My wife certainly says I am a nerd and I am NOT allowed to disagree with her! :roll:

Old joke: A couple goes to see a marriage counselor, who asks what the nature of their problem is.  The wife says, “My husband and I can never agree on anything.”  The husband retorts, “That’s not true.”

• And they say the old jokes are best …… :wink:

• @ABWorsham:

You are either going to a minimum security prison for life, or shipwreck on an well furnished but isolated island with a few close friends, which single Axis and Allies game are you taking with you?

It’s a trap,it’s a trap!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m