Get the Brit Inf back in Egypt and a Russian Bomber for 2nd Edition

• Quote from: Imperious Leader on September 19, 2012, 01:30:19 pm
    …exhaustive playtest…

I don’t know about that.

When or where did i post that?

• You have been able to use the 2 French Inf in Uk offensively? Wow. Thought they were just collected benefits, marrying English ladies  and using our once excellent NHS!
    Think it is tidier making the Anzac ones UK, so they can be used offensively with the rest of her African units, but no matter.
    It is a good game. Am not complaining any more.

• @wittmann:

You have been able to use the 2 French Inf in Uk offensively? Wow. Thought they were just collected benefits, marrying English ladies  and using our once excellent NHS!
    Think it is tidier making the Anzac ones UK, so they can be used offensively with the rest of her African units, but no matter.

Wasn’t the NHS made after world war two? So there is no way those Frenchys could be using it.

On topic I dislike the idea of a Russian bomber, but figure UK could use an extra infantry in Europe games only, as to compensate for a missing ANZAC infantry.
    That said I use what the game gives me.

• Got me. It was .
    Was being facetious and really commenting  on the 2012 state of affairs where the country is overpopulated and the situation worsening.
    Politics!

• @wittmann:

You have been able to use the 2 French Inf in Uk offensively? Wow. Thought they were just collected benefits, marrying English ladies  and using our once excellent NHS!

Haha, well, the french fighter flew over and at a certain point they attacked 1 italian tank in Trans Jordan (to open up the Suez).
    The plan was good but sadly i couldn’t hit even once (and this was even in low luck, so anything but a 6 was good. Of course i threw 6 twice, tank hit me twice, fighter retreated, sigh… but normally it would’ve been a useful move)

Never underestimate the power of seperate turns!

• Unlucky! I forgot about the French Ft. I find that usually dies in a scramble before it can be used in conjunction with any Inf.

• @Imperious:

Quote from: Imperious Leader on September 19, 2012, 01:30:19 pm
    …exhaustive playtest…

I don’t know about that.

When or where did i post that?

Your first post in the thread.

I think to call the playtesting exhaustive is exaggerating a bit.

• I think to call the playtesting exhaustive is exaggerating a bit.

The comment was regarding the Alpha 1-3 process. The people who tested the ORIGINAL GAME had only three play-tests. That is ridiculous.

• TripleA

The play testing process was ridiculous, I felt like an unpaid game developer.

• @Cow:

The play testing process was ridiculous, I felt like an unpaid game developer.

that’s because you were

• Official Q&A

Let me clear up what seems to be a popular misconception.  Playtesters do not get paid - it’s strictly voluntary.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Krieghund, you got paid? WTF?  :evil:

How do we officially register anyways Kevin? For our Civic duty?

• You do realize people would volunteer to play with Larry right….

• Official Q&A

@Gargantua:

How do we officially register anyways Kevin? For our Civic duty?

You don’t.  You get drafted.

@oztea:

You do realize people would volunteer to play with Larry right….

I understand that.  My comment was directed at those who’ve expressed the idea that they were “unpaid playtesters” of Alpha 3.  The fact is that they have received payment in the same coin as the original playtesters did - the satisfaction of helping to make the game better.  If they feel they are entitled to more satisfaction than the original playtesters, that’s fine by me.  However, that in no way detracts from the efforts of those playtesters.

• TripleA

has anyone heard why larry removed the brit inf from egypt?

for those that have played the game enough realize that allies need a bid. i find that the most useful place for the bid is in egypt/mediterranean.

It is odd that the only tweak from alpha 3 to global 1940.2 was to remove units from the side that needs it the most in the area it wants it the most.

• If the problem with the Egyptian Infantry for UK was that it made an attack on Libya too good, it could have been moved to Trans-Jordan (which should start with 1 UK infantry anyway)

• @oztea:

If the problem with the Egyptian Infantry for UK was that it made an attack on Libya too good, it could have been moved to Trans-Jordan (which should start with 1 UK infantry anyway)

Can’t the transport still pick the inf it up from TJ and attack the Italians?
    Maybe keep the inf on Egypt, and move the mech to TJ so it can’t make it to Tobruk

• i’m not complaining about doing the playtesting. I really liked it to be honest

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Kevin,

How do I make sure I get “drafted”? :)

• Official Q&A

Make your check payable to “Larry Harris”.  :lol:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m