• Hey, i have painted some of my 1942.1 units, and i think i might inspire others to paint theirs if i post some pics.

I have no prior experience of painting playing pieces or anything else for that matter. (so be nice)

I had 2 options before i started to paint. Historical or playable. I chose a mix. My units are historical in that matter that they have appeared like this sometime during the war (not the same time though) and i chose camo patterns and colors unique to a nation (germany - gray, US - green and so on)

I also chose to paint historical ships. (though some of the ships had sunk by 42 or wasnt built yet. i mean hey c’mon, a ww2 game without bismarck?)

First out is Germany!

Panther Tanks

Luftwaffe with their Bf-109 and Junker Ju 88

Alternative baltic camo. BB - Tripitz, CA - Admiral Hipper. DD - random

Baltic camo. BB - Bismarck, CA - Prinz Eugen, CV - Peter Strasser. DD - random

(In plain grey i have CA - Blücher and Seydlitz. CV - Graf Zeppelin.)

All german forces. Ask if you want pictures or infantry, u-boat, transport, artillery or the other plain grey fleet.

• @Swedo:

I have no prior experience of painting playing pieces or anything else for that matter. (so be nice)

I know you said be nice, but I’m going to tell you what I REALLY think instead…. I think they look awesome!

• Very nice work!  I always wonder how much squinting is involved when painting anything which is that small, and how in the world one can produce neat, straight lines on such a tiny scale.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

What I like, is that instead of going for the ULTRA realistic look, you picked something which is in keeping with history, but also, makes it clear who’s unit is who’s.

+1

• Next Is USA!

Shermans and Howitzers

P-38 and B-17

CV from left to right: Hornet, Intrepid, Yorktown and Enterprise

CA from left to right: Canberra, Portland, Salt Lake City and Indianapolis

BB from left to right: Wisconsin, North Carolina, Iowa and Missouri

The whole gang! Ask for pictures of subs, transports, destroyers or infantry

• @Swedo:

BB from left to right: Wisconsin, North Carolina, Iowa and Missouri

The Mighty MO!!!

Again,

Simple, elegant, Identifiable, excellent.

• Here is Japan!

Type 95 and Type 92

Zeros and “Betty”

CV: from left to right: Hiryu, Kaga, Akagi and Soryu

The fleet with Yamato and Musashi. (other BB is unnamed. CA is Atago, Maya, Takao and Chokai)

The bunch! Ask for pictures for Infanty and transport.

• Here is UK!

Mathilda and a tea-bag

Spitfire and Halifax

BB from top to bot: Prince of Wales, Repulse, Duke of York and King George V

CV top to bot: Illustrious, Formidable and Victorious

CA top to bot: Kent, Suffolk, Berwick and Sussex

DD

Submarine, transport and artillery not painted. (tan paint got dried up :/)

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

WOW!!!

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

What??? Huh??? Oh my god!

I’m typeless……

Is it bad that I like the Swastikas?
    Unbelievable!  Those are painted better then AA Mini’s
    Swedo, you should be president.

What??? Huh??? Oh my god!

I’m typeless……

Is it bad that I like the Swastikas?
    Unbelievable!  Those are painted better then AA Mini’s
    Swedo, you should be president.

Man who can paint swastika’s for president!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

Wunderbar  :-o

J  8-)

PS and you can post pictures already  :?

• Well to be honest… i havent painted the swastikas or the iron cross. they are stickers i made in paint and printed out.  :-D

It would be fun if more than me upload pictures of their painted pieces here. So we can inspire each other for the endless struggle to paint these little Fu**ers.
    I started this project when i got unemployed. But i got a new job 1/3 in the process and the painting halted. When i restarted to end this pain, the tan paint had dried up. Thats life i guess…

• Great job

It’s a shame this has been shelved in -variants-, as it has nothing to do with any variant, and everything to do with 1942 edition…

I encourage anyone reading this to officially protest this moderator move!  This great work should not be hidden!

• The “work” is not hidden. Get over it.

Anything that related to Axis and Allies and is a modification to it in anyway by means of games or changes or modifications to equipment goes in Variants. It always has and always will.

• Founder TripleA Admin

It’s not worth protesting because you’re both right.

It doesn’t belong in 1942, it doesn’t belong in Variants.

Do we need an Axis & Allies General forum or Axis & Allies Projects for things like painted minis, custom boards, and other cool things people created with their bare hands?

• :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

Those are REALLY GOOD!
    Keep up the good work swedo!

• Do we need an Axis & Allies General forum or Axis & Allies Projects for things like painted minis, custom boards, and other cool things people created with their bare hands?

Yes i think so. To inspire others or to find ideas how to paint or alter your pieces. Its fun to see how other did and ask why they did that way. If someone has questions how to do a certain thing, then there would a good place to ask.

This is how i painted my US and German ships:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m