• Customizer

ABWorsham & Others,

@ABWorsham:

The reason the German U-boat War gets more attention than the U.S Sub War in the Pacific, is the German Beards.  :lol:

––My family tree leads back to the Prussians in Germany. I believe there is still a “Castle Harwell”  in Germany somewhere. Since my predecessors were GERMAN,…does this give me an honorary pass with my well-trimed beard???  :-D

“Tall Paul”

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@ABWorsham:

The reason the German U-boat War gets more attention than the U.S Sub War in the Pacific, is the German Beards.  :lol:

Is that why they called them WOLFPACKS?!?!?

• Call me white beard, it’s trimmed and maintained and with our winters you want a beard.
    Tall Paul, Thanks for the pics of the Locomotives,  really love em!    4-8-8-4
    Tanks
    S.A.

@Tall:

ABWorsham & Others,

@ABWorsham:

––My family tree leads back to the Prussians in Germany. I believe there is still a "Castle Harwell"  in Germany somewhere. Since my predecessors were GERMAN,…does this give me an honorary pass with my well-trimed beard???  :-D

“Tall Paul”

Wait wait wait… so your dad fought AGAINST Germany… but your heritage is German.

So does that mean… you are a family of traitors? :P (Very tongue in cheek)

I’m noting this for all time in my files. ;)

• There was a ton of immigration from Germany to the USA in the mid 1800’s to early 1900’s, especially for the farming opportunities.  There were a lot of American soldiers who were German by heritage fighting against Hitler.

@Gamerman01:

There was a ton of immigration from Germany to the USA in the mid 1800’s to early 1900’s, especially for the farming opportunities.  There were a lot of American soldiers who were German by heritage fighting against Hitler.

So the Reich was betrayed!  :P

• @Gargantua:

@Gamerman01:

There was a ton of immigration from Germany to the USA in the mid 1800’s to early 1900’s, especially for the farming opportunities.�  There were a lot of American soldiers who were German by heritage fighting against Hitler.

So the Reich was betrayed!  :P

Some sort of Gorgopotamos, ehm I mean Aleposita backstabbing move thingy Gar, you know  :-D :-D…Hellas.

Germans are always so scandalous!

• @Gargantua:

Germans are always so scandalous!

:-D

• I love the Germans and would allow my daughter to marry one if she so wished.
    Unless he was a hippy or could not spell Axis.

• It’s no wonder you are THE most up-voted poster on the site

• Customizer

Gargantua & Others,

@Gargantua:

@Tall:

ABWorsham & Others,

@ABWorsham:

The reason the German U-boat War gets more attention than the U.S Sub War in the Pacific, is the German Beards.�  :lol:

––My family tree leads back to the Prussians in Germany. I believe there is still a "Castle Harwell"�  in Germany somewhere. Since my predecessors were GERMAN,…does this give me an honorary pass with my well-trimed beard???�  :-D

“Tall Paul”

Wait wait wait… so your dad fought AGAINST Germany… but your heritage is German.
    So does that mean… you are a family of traitors? :P (Very tongue in cheek)  
    I’m noting this for all time in my files. ;)

––Yes, the Harwell’s come from Prussia (Germany). This no doubt explains why we are so tall & slender.
    Baron von Harwell relocated to America long before WW1.
    ––The other side of the Harwell family is English. There is a town in England named Harwell. I believe it’s the town where the English have their nuclear research facilities. My Dad was on his way to see his “Own Town” on June 5 when D-Day cut short his supply run,…and also his chance to see the town of Harwell.
    ----As far as being “traitors”, Baron Harwell and family were naturalized Americans long before WW1 & WW2. And also, If you recall, most all of the ruling monarchs years ago were related by blood. The English, Germans, Russians, almost all of them. So Gargantua’s earlier statement concerning allegiances to their country doesn’t apply in the least here.

----Can someone from Germany please confirm that “Castle Harwell” still exists?
    ––And can someone from England please confirm that the town of Harwell still exists?

“Tall Paul”

• The town of Harwell is in South Oxfordshire.
    It is near the Neolithic White Horse Hill, the only genuine one in England.
    Google White Horse at Uffington.
    My wife was born in Oxford and had been very close to Harwell, but never actually in the town.
    Hope that answers or helps, Tall Paul .

• To make a decent search would require a little bit more Information, cause Harwell and Prussia is a big term.
    And maybe Harwell was diffrent in spelling back then or even a other name.

• Customizer

Wittmann,

@wittmann:

The town of Harwell is in South Oxfordshire.
    It is near the Neolithic White Horse Hill, the only genuine one in England.
    Google White Horse at Uffington.
    My wife was born in Oxford and had been very close to Harwell, but never actually in the town.
    Hope that answers or helps, Tall Paul .

––Thanks for your help and in giving me some good leads to “check-out”. I will look this up later when I return home.

“Tall Paul”

• Was not a problem. As I said, Alice lived there(until she was 12) and never wanted to leave.
    It is a beautiful part of England, but we will never be able to afford to live there as house prices are astronomical seeing as how easy it is from there to commute to the City.

• The Thor and Superman poll bring this topic back into discussion.

• I cleaned shaved 8 months ago, my children had never seen my face without hair. After my kids and wife begged me to grow a beard again, I’m a proud father of a 8 month old beard.

I’m reaching Civil War General Beard status.

Hope you all are doing great.

• Been married for 27 years and my wife has never seen me without a beard.

With looks like mine a beard is a must. Clearly AB’s family feel the same about him! :-D

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Glad I could break the tie for facial hair!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m