How about cleaning up the board?

• lots of old threads here. how about cleaning this board up a bit?

other than that
    keep up the good work :lol:

• dont get rid of the old threads, seperate them somehow, get like an archive or sumthin. cause people sometimes revive them

• Hmmm…but maybe you could keep some of the old threads (mainly under the axis and allies forum + the expansions) as reference? Like make a whole new section of the website for reference (eg. rules about bidding, but label all the references clearly) so then maybe you’d have less people creating unnecessary threads which had already been answered before. I’m not sure if this is possible, and obviously it’s easier for me to say then for you guys to do it, just an idea.

• '19 Moderator

I’m not sure why any of this is nessacery. If you don’t want to look at the old threads don’t look at them. What difference does it make? :roll:

• agrees with dezrtfish

• Fair enough. Only thing is people starting new threads which could easily have been answered by reading through old ones, so that’s why you could create a whole reference thing. Nah though guess you’re right, no need to. Good thing I didn’t vote yet! Now I can put it as “whatever, dude…” 8)

• Add infinitydom… or however it goes in French :oops: , I mean Latin.

Rarely do newbies take the time to go back and find the appropo thread… myself included.

Though I must say I’ve gone back and found some doozies! I think there was one that had something about the end of Israel. Someone posted a story from elsewhere and Xi went on a rant. He created a future look back at the end of the Middle East as we know it. Twas great! Finster or F_alk was not a happy camper.

I found that a long time before registering and haven’t seen it since. It may be here. Maybe it was lost in the hack the old geezers talk about. I dunno.

• Vote: whatever. Don´t see a big problem, but you´re right in saying that a lot of new posts are repeats.
    FAQs: bidding, shuck-shuck, AA rules, tr rules All of which can be answered by using the SEARCH function.

• @El:

Add infinitydom… or however it goes in French :oops: , I mean Latin.

Rarely do newbies take the time to go back and find the appropo thread… myself included.

Though I must say I’ve gone back and found some doozies! I think there was one that had something about the end of Israel. Someone posted a story from elsewhere and Xi went on a rant. He created a future look back at the end of the Middle East as we know it. Twas great! Finster or F_alk was not a happy camper.

I found that a long time before registering and haven’t seen it since. It may be here. Maybe it was lost in the hack the old geezers talk about. I dunno.

It was Horten Flying Wing who created that thread.

• Wow, as morten200 says: use the SEARCH function! I’ve hunted through many an ancient thread here, but never until now have tried that.

Maybe rather than reshape the whole site, just make the Search function button more prominent – or maybe not. Perhaps I never got around to using it because my preferred way of searching was to scroll through the forums and posts.

Anyway, speaking of cross-indexing, seems like this thread belongs under the “Website Discussion” forum, ey!?

• '19 Moderator

@F_alk:

agrees with dezrtfish

I am am tempted to save this somewhere, it’s such a rare thing to read. :lol:

• @dezrtfish:

@F_alk:

agrees with dezrtfish

I am am tempted to save this somewhere, it’s such a rare thing to read. :lol:

I KNOW!!!
    F_alk and i have been agreeing on an alarming number of issues lately.

• If you think it becomes too much, just start a thread on faith/religion and christianity and creationism, CC… i bet we can disagree there a lot :)

and dezrtfish, well… just say you voted GWB or something “grenadelike”… :)

• '19 Moderator

True, don’t we make an odd trio. :lol:

• Yup, quite odd. That’s why i like it here…
    so many people as strange as me :D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m