• I just got this game and well i am not impressed with the amount of space it has. Tell me how to not use up so much space!

• use the white and red chips, white counts as 1 unit, red as 5 units. So if you have 8 infantry on a country and 3 tanks/armor then you can place 1 red chip and 2 white chips on top of it and on top of that 1 infantry unit, this represents 8 infantry (5+2+1).
    Then place an armor unit on top of two white chips and there you go 3 armor.

If this doesnt help, then use the blow up boxes at the top and the bottom of the map to place units.

• I also found the board to be extremely crowded when I fist got the game. Then I figure out that a unit doesn’t really have to be completly in the most crowded territorys (as long you can tell where it is) this seems to create a lot more room, but I wouldn’t recomend it untill you’ve played many times.

• always been a problem for me .there should be a bigger board but you just have to use the chips and it’s not to bad.

• On 2002-01-10 13:02, Anonymous wrote:
    I just got this game and well i am not impressed with the amount of space it has. Tell me how to not use up so much space!

I have a big map file. If you want it email me.

Regards,
    Jeff

• Another good way to gain space in crowded territories is to have a general understanding of where the factories and AA guns are. Given that they typically stay in the same place, you can take them off the board if everyone remembers/acknowledges them as there.

• Don’t forget your blow-up boxes! When I set up the board I always place the German, UK and Japanese Bombers(the largest pieces) on the respective blow-ups to save space. Also the UK, Germany, Japan and West Europe IC’s and AA guns go here as well. The only one I have a real problem with is The South Europe IC and AA gun: maybe you can just agree to leave the IC off, since it’s permanent anyway (unless you use scorched earth). Use the chips liberally–I always demand people turn in extra men for chips in between turns. Placing all ships at a N.E.-S.W. angle works surprisingly well to keep the edges sticking into adjacent spaces.

Ozone27

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m