Help Identifying these game pieces!

• Hey im new here and to axis and allies all together… So I went to my local thift store and found a 2$ bag of these awesome little military game pieces. I dont even know exactly if there from this game but its the only thing I could find on google when I was searching to find out what they were. Can someone please tell me if these are legit pieces or what there from…If they are legit pieces whats the exact version of axis and allies?

axis.jpg

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Sorry sir, thats a no. From the 1970s to today, there have just been so many games and molds…a game expert grog will have to identify what game or set of eldritch arcane lore these came from

• awe that sucks…I was hoping that they were from this game as it actually looks pretty damn fun.
    Its also very weird that there not legit because if there not then whatever else game this is, 100% copied pieces from axis and allies then.

Example being the Artillery Piece that’s in the pic compared to axis’s Artillery is identical. Even down to the dice that was in the bag having the American team star with circle sticker on them. Also the “T.” cardboard pieces which I figured were the “territory claimed” pieces. I do realize that a lot of toy/game company’s re-use molds and such. Every other piece looks similar but there’s always something off or different about them. Plus the 2/3 pieces (I have more pieces that I didn’t show) Are similar but have the “peg” type bottom’s like they were to be clicked into a game board…In my hours of searching axis game pieces, It didn’t seem like any had that.

From your profile you seem to have a lot of knowledge about this game but I still hope to get another opinion or someone that knows what they are from still. Thanks though I might just have to chalk it up as a loss.

• @xHavokx Welcome to the forum :smiley:

As this topic is not about the Global 1940 edition itself, it might be better placed in the Customizations category. So I will move it …

• @Panther oh ok thanks :) and glad to be here. still really wanted to try this game and was hoping what I have was game pieces from it :(

• Sooo figured I’d follow up with what these little pieces are. You were definitally correct its not axis and allies but definitally looked a lot like them. Its from a game called Mission Command Land :) looks fun but Im missing the game boards anyway. Thanks for the help though guys.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

@xHavokx Hi xHav

helicopter looks pretty cool : )

• I was going to say they were from the old 1970’s MB games Tank Battle andan air one. I looked at my copy of each and found they were different. Must be from the remake. Not as good a game as the original as they messed with the rules. The board is basically an over sized checker board. Check BGG for tank battle for further information and the other games in the series. Had a lot of fun with them back in the day.

• They are from the 2003 Milton Bradley game Mission Command Land.

• Identification charts for the actual A&A sculpts can be found here:

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/21626/a-a-unit-identification-charts

Clicking on each chart will expand it to full size for easier viewing.

• @xHavokx said in Help Identifying these game pieces!:

awe that sucks…I was hoping that they were from this game as it actually looks pretty damn fun.
    Its also very weird that there not legit because if there not then whatever else game this is, 100% copied pieces from axis and allies then.

Example being the Artillery Piece that’s in the pic compared to axis’s Artillery is identical. Even down to the dice that was in the bag having the American team star with circle sticker on them. Also the “T.” cardboard pieces which I figured were the “territory claimed” pieces. I do realize that a lot of toy/game company’s re-use molds and such. Every other piece looks similar but there’s always something off or different about them. Plus the 2/3 pieces (I have more pieces that I didn’t show) Are similar but have the “peg” type bottom’s like they were to be clicked into a game board…In my hours of searching axis game pieces, It didn’t seem like any had that.

From your profile you seem to have a lot of knowledge about this game but I still hope to get another opinion or someone that knows what they are from still. Thanks though I might just have to chalk it up as a loss.

Ha Those pieces with the “peg” bottom was from a game that Milton Bradley was trying to make like the Battle Ship Game . It was called “AWE HE BLEW UP MY TANK” !!! LOL

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m