Tired of the Trolling which I guess is okay with most members here

• You know, I haven’t been on here long but it seems to me like people get upset over just about anything. One of the most interesting things about the forum is the “trolling” which makes for an interesting read. Too many people leaving for not really good reasons. Sad to see.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Some of the behavior is harassment.  The bickering is just internet nonsense that comes from people having too much energy to waste.  YG and I spoke about this on the phone yesterday;  its clearly affecting the site and some people are harassing members on the wider internet.  The pot-stirring doesn’t help either.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Requester45:

You know, I haven’t been on here long but it seems to me like people get upset over just about anything. One of the most interesting things about the forum is the “trolling” which makes for an interesting read. Too many people leaving for not really good reasons. Sad to see.

You’re right -  Curtmungus almost got banned once for saying “you don’t have the balls”  Balls being the term considered as an utmost offence.  I really don’t think that’s reasonable.  This is the internet after all!

Bottom line - Aren’t we all here just to have fun and a good time?  Have a few laughs? sing a couple of songs?  Play some Axis and Allies?

Especially in General discussion. My understanding is this a reasonably safe zone to talk about anything; and play devils advocate when someone pushes the envelope.

Banter generally does not appear beyond the borders of General Discussion; else its considered off topic.  The only rare exception is some of the WWII history discussion tend to look down the dark roads of apologism…

• '18 '17 '16

@taamvan:

Some of the behavior is harassment.   The bickering is just internet nonsense that comes from people having too much energy to waste.   YG and I spoke about this on the phone yesterday;  its clearly affecting the site and some people are harassing members on the wider internet.   The pot-stirring doesn’t help either.

I agree with you on that one, taamvan. Some of it goes too far to the point of becoming harassment.

I bought myself a computer about 12 years ago and decided to join the online community. It didn’t take very long to realize that there individuals online who acted in a way that they would never act in the real world. I told myself that I would never become one of those people and that I would be the same person online that I was in the real world. Unfortunately, no matter where you go on the internet, you will find people who are more than willing to dishonour themselves and act in a way that would, quite frankly, get them black eye if they ever tried that face to face. When you think about it, what a cowardly way to live your life. Pretending to be something that you aren’t because you can get away with it.

I’ve been a member of other sites that have imploded and descended into utter chaos because of a small number of these dishonourable people. Those sites don’t exist anymore because the gatekeepers let it get to the point where nobody wanted to be there anymore and left for the seemingly endless number of other places where they could spend their time elsewhere on the internet. Not everyone would leave but the sites would have so few members left that those left would eventually get bored and stop going there too.

Debate is good. The odd spat is unavoidable. Continued harassment of members by other members is something that shouldn’t be acceptable to anyone who cares about the community that they have chosen to spend their free time with. Pointing fingers at each other and saying “but he said…but he started it!” will get us nowhere here. The only person who can stop you from dishonouring yourself is you. The choice is very easy. What kind of person are you?

• Disciplinary Group Banned

@GeneralHandGrenade:

@taamvan:

Some of the behavior is harassment.   The bickering is just internet nonsense that comes from people having too much energy to waste.   YG and I spoke about this on the phone yesterday;  its clearly affecting the site and some people are harassing members on the wider internet.   The pot-stirring doesn’t help either.

I agree with you on that one, taamvan. Some of it goes too far to the point of becoming harassment.

I bought myself a computer about 12 years ago and decided to join the online community. It didn’t take very long to realize that there individuals online who acted in a way that they would never act in the real world. I told myself that I would never become one of those people and that I would be the same person online that I was in the real world. Unfortunately, no matter where you go on the internet, you will find people who are more than willing to dishonour themselves and act in a way that would, quite frankly, get them black eye if they ever tried that face to face. When you think about it, what a cowardly way to live your life. Pretending to be something that you aren’t because you can get away with it.

I’ve been a member of other sites that have imploded and descended into utter chaos because of a small number of these dishonourable people. Those sites don’t exist anymore because the gatekeepers let it get to the point where nobody wanted to be there anymore and left for the seemingly endless number of other places where they could spend their time elsewhere on the internet. Not everyone would leave but the sites would have so few members left that those left would eventually get bored and stop going there too.

Debate is good. The odd spat is unavoidable. Continued harassment of members by other members is something that shouldn’t be acceptable to anyone who cares about the community that they have chosen to spend their free time with. Pointing fingers at each other and saying “but he said…but he started it!” will get us nowhere here. The only person who can stop you from dishonouring yourself is you. The choice is very easy. What kind of person are you?

I like your philosophy GeneralHandGrenade, and yes people act some what different on the internet.

• '17 '16

Does Wolf is really quitting the forum?

I don’t play on Triple A with other members, do you you know if people are too harsh against other player?
    This colonel or general discussion seems just a place to blow steam off with a little humor.

I did not see that much against him.

Too bad, I feel like isolated incident make people quite this forum.

• I tried my best to talk him out of it. I don’t want to lose members who contribute.

@Baron:

just a place to blow steam off with a little humor.

That’s because there really wasn’t that much to gripe about.  Honest.

• I can see why YG left. I don’t see it with wolf. There may have been PMs that we are not aware of, but even if that’s the case, that’s troll on troll violence. I stand by “good riddance”.
    As far as internet personalities go, Im more docile on the net because its removed from real life and my words can live on forever to haunt me. In real life i’ve punched a cop on easter, told every boss i ever had to go !#::# himself at least once and do what i feel is right rules/consequences be damned. Ive taken my shares of black eyes and stitches, but god knows ive given more. When your a grown man in the real world, you dont need to be fake on the net.

• '17 '16

It seems there is outside web events combined with one or two posts on the forum which trigger the quit or break reaction.

To both moderators I would say: there are not responsible for this, such kind of reaction is as unpredictable as was the triggering post IMO.
    It is a kind gesture to PM these people. And I’m sure they also PM the person which posted and triggered such reaction.

It is far from an hailstorm you see coming just at glancing at the sky.
    The A&A.Org weather forecast was more sunny than cloudy and windy, IMO.

A month ago, it was all about praising YG’s Cliffside Bunker G40 Tournament.

• Just for the record, I PM’d Wolf once, 1 TIME, and that was to challenge him to a league game, which he then freaked out about.  (I’ve never PM’d, contacted or otherwise “trolled” YG.)

After I got hit with the threat of the ban, I’ve stuck to the league (where “trolling” is non-existent) or to the general discussion.

I posted funny posts about apologies and drinks, challenges to the league, and some people freak-out.

Let’s face it.  Wolf had a seriously short fuse. He blew up.  Garg sank his battleship.

YG is another story.  Have no idea why he fled. Don’t care.

Curtmungus,

Would you join me in supporting the addition of a “Safe Place” section of the forum?  Where people can take refuge from single PM league challenges?  Afterall - we do need to consider the needs of the snowflakes around here.

• @Baron:

Does Wolf is really quitting the forum?

I don’t play on Triple A with other members, do you you know if people are too harsh against other player?
    This colonel or general discussion seems just a place to blow steam off with a little humor.

His account is till open yet.

I’ve been here a couple of years, saw People come and go.
    I treat everybody the way i want to be treated.
    If you hang out here Long enough, nothing will shock you.
    So just move along , nothing to see….

pssst Garg psssst… I take the PPSH on the top shelf and the Aug in the right Corner.

• I LOVE TROLLING !!!

fishing-girl-bending-rod.png

• '17 '16

It seems we like the same kind of fish, SS.
    :wink: :-D

• @Gargantua:

Curtmungus,

Would you join me in supporting the addition of a “Safe Place” section of the forum?  Where people can take refuge from single PM league challenges?  Afterall - we do need to consider the needs of the snowflakes around here.

GARG!

STOP POSTING PICTURES OF MY DINING ROOM!

• I think you mean MY dining room.

Huuaaagghhhhhhhhh!!

• @Vez:

I think you mean MY dining room.

Huuaaagghhhhhhhhh!!

Vez!  You disobey me!  You Puppy!

• '19 '17 '16

“Fishing girl bending rod”  :lol: :lol: :lol:

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Glad I found this thread. Gave me some good laughs because a couple of you guys are hilarious.

I am trying to fill in the blanks with my knowledge of the personalities involved.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m