• I am so anxious for this.

• TripleA '12

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but thought I’d share with you all a A&A1914 map that I made. It’s pretty much finished now so any thoughts/comments/suggestions would be welcome. Thank you!  :-)

Loz

My 1914 Map1.JPG

• Looks very good!  Are you going to enter the territory names/IPC values?

Glad someone is working on this.  I’m itching to play this game more.

• TripleA '12

Thank you, BJCard. I think I will leave those out for now as I’m making this map in MS Paint and it’s difficult to get the words/numbers on at this 45degree angle. So I guess players would have to try and write them on themselves.

However, maybe this map could be used for TripleA or Battlemap or something, I don’t know.

• I noticed and admired it too. Great work Loz.
    I too would  like to see it on AAA.

• @Lozmoid:

Thank you, BJCard. I think I will leave those out for now as I’m making this map in MS Paint and it’s difficult to get the words/numbers on at this 45degree angle. So I guess players would have to try and write them on themselves.

However, maybe this map could be used for TripleA or Battlemap or something, I don’t know.

Maybe it would be better if the words/numbers are not at a 45 degree angle… if the game is going to be played as a ‘square’ instead of a ‘diamond’, then just print the names horizontally.

• '16

Yeah. I think it should be tilted 45 degrees counter clockwise.
    It would fix the problem of tilted territory names.
    The extra space on the corners could be filled by information like rules and unit stats.

• TripleA '12

Thanks for the tips, guys. Thing is, I made this on MS Paint and I don’t think I can rotate it 45 degrees… Maybe I could edit it with a different art program although I’m not sure which.

• @Lozmoid:

Thanks for the tips, guys. Thing is, I made this on MS Paint and I don’t think I can rotate it 45 degrees… Maybe I could edit it with a different art program although I’m not sure which.

Give paint.net a try. It’s free and easy to use. It supports layers, too.
    Find it here:  www.getpaint.net

• TripleA '12

Nice one, P@nther - I’ll give that a try!  :-)

• Hey,

I’m not sure what has or has not been done so far, but I took a first stab at the xml definition for the game. It includes the territories, connections, unit definitions, production values and starting units. I did my best to fill out the rule variant values, but I’m not sure how to express a lot of the rule info (I presume some modification to the engine will be required, but maybe some of the options are available, and I just don’t know). Basically I started with World War II v4, and modified accordingly. Items still needing to be done:

Map/territory definitions:

• Locations of ports
    • Minor/Neutral power capitals
    • Alignment of minors

Rule variants:

• Sea unit placement at ports
    • Minefields
    • Minor powers aligned to major powers
    • Placement of units after attack of minor capitals
    • Contested territories/single-round attack
    • Artillery first-strike on units offloading from transports
    • No first-strike on attacking subs
    • Hits against submerging subs
    • Fighter dogfight phase
    • Fighter-supported artillery
    • Fighters transportable
    • Tank building limitation
    • Victory conditions
    • U.S. isolationism
    • Unrestricted warfare
    • Russian Revolution rules

see the link to the .zip below

• Hey Lozmoid,

any chance you can re-upload your map in .png format? Your .jpg has dithering and it makes it very difficult to convert to the format needed by the TripleA utilities.

• TripleA '12

I’m sorry but I can’t get the file to shrink as it’s currently 14.6 MB in size. Not sure what to do.  :?

• Actually I managed to work around the problem for making the map. If anyone is interested in having a look you can download it at:

frogg.ca/aa1914/World War I 1914.zip

I have finished the map, in addition to the unit placement, etc. mentioned above.

The map itself is the one from Lozmoid and I took the flags and the territory background from Imperious Leader’s map.

At some point I’ll probably re-do the placements since I just kind of threw them together (I couldn’t get the auto placement tool to work) and I’ll fix up the locations of the decorations as well. But the key missing thing is the engine stuff to actually play the game by the rules :)

• Customizer

frog,

a square shaped map will be difficult to play, I recommend using a diamond shaped map

please check this link for an already existing PNG image of 1914 that can be used for triplea quite easily
    http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/World-War-1-year-1914-tp7583022p7583090.html

• Veqryn,

I took your advice and used the diamond map you linked. I’ve replaced the zip file linked above with this one.

Also I was wondering if you are planning on doing development on the engine to support this game. I wouldn’t mind helping out, but if you’re already working on it I don’t want to duplicate effort. I was thinking of taking a look at the code and seeing if I can implement some of the rule variants at least. But I’m not sure if you’re already doing this. If not, have you at least given some thought to how to do it? I’d appreciate any insight you have as I’m looking at the code.

Thanks.

• '19 '18

The last post here is one month old. How is the progress going?

• bump

• Any update with this? Veqryn?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m