• Sponsor

…. from the same director who did “Pi”, and that movie sucked.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

Yep, bored to shit. 3 people predictably throw away their lives.

Whoo hoo!

Though, if you make it all they way to the end without loosing interest, I think there is a scene where Jennifer Connelly gets all kinky with another girl…

Got a few more to toss out there:

Kill Bill 1
    Kill Bill 2

And perhaps the most overrated movie of all time (IMHO):

Fargo

Could not really find anything enjoyable about that film, yet somehow it won 2 Oscars and is still revered as a masterpiece. Actually, a lot of the Cohen Brothers films are overrated, and some of Tarantino’s too. It seems like sometimes a director gets recognised as brilliant and then people cant seem to tell when something is crap.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

OOOh OOH OOH!

And I forgot!

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE!

WOW! That movie SUCKED! And somehow it won 8 Academy Awards!

Danny Boyle (who mostly sucks and has no idea how to end a movie without resorting to intense zombie fight-scenes or Indian dance-offs) won best director over David Fincher (who hasn’t really made a mad movie in his career EVER and has some of the most bad-ass movies of all time under his belt (Se7en, Fight Club, etc.)) Which is bullshit!

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

I watched “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy” last night and I still don’t know what happened or how it ended and I watched every second of it.

I really disliked this movie…a lot. Not sure if it was over-rated but I was very displeased.

• @Canuck12:

Yep, bored to ����. 3 people predictably throw away their lives.

Whoo hoo!

Though, if you make it all they way to the end without loosing interest, I think there is a scene where Jennifer Connelly gets all kinky with another girl…

Got a few more to toss out there:

Kill Bill 1
    Kill Bill 2

And perhaps the most overrated movie of all time (IMHO):

Fargo

Could not really find anything enjoyable about that film, yet somehow it won 2 Oscars and is still revered as a masterpiece. Actually, a lot of the Cohen Brothers films are overrated, and some of Tarantino’s too. It seems like sometimes a director gets recognised as brilliant and then people cant seem to tell when something is crap.

Coen, not Cohen.

You didn’t even like the woodshredder scene? :D

(now Fargo certainly isn’t their best)

Also i disagree on Tarantino, i know it’s ‘bon ton’ to talk down on successful directors, but his stories, dialogues and set ups always entertain me.

To be fair, i don’t listen to the voices out there, so i don’t really know what is hyped and what is not, i just like what i like (and dislike what i don’t)

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

Tarantino only likes only two things in his movies,  long, long dialogue and feet.  Every movie.  Watch.

• But i like long dialogues :D

(don’t care much about his foot fetish though, you could be right on that one)

• @Gargantua:

I haven’t seen any of them, or the T.V. Shows/spinoffs, or read the book series.

But I can imagine, that the TWILIGHT series most certainly trumps ANY previously mentioned films as overrated.

TWILIGHT SHOULD BE ERASED FROM ALL OUR MEMORIES. havnt watch it but just saying.

ANY and i mean ANY MOVIE with Nicolas Cage is overrated because the movie automatically should receive a rating of 0.1 / 10

I love the movie boondock saints but it is overrated lmao.

Recent movies that are overrated: Looper.      it epically failed and was a waste of a good idea, talent, effort and cgi. that movie has plot holes larger than the planet Jupiter.

also, everyone go to the theaters right now and watch Dredd because its an almost perfect rep of the comic books. watch dredd!!!

• The very worst movie was something called “nick of time”

It was so stupid. They made the main character commit either theft or murder ( usually murder within a very short almost impossible time limit) or they would hurt the guys children.

The same man would order the hit each time ( he was dressed in a suit). Every freaking time this guy would somehow appear at the would be crime scene to hand the main character a gun and to motivate him to do the job.

Why in the hell would he want the main character to do these crimes while placing himself in all the crime scenes? He touched all the weapons and left evidence everywhere.

It was so stupid beyond anything ever seen before.

• My vote for the most overrated movie ever is a three way tie between all 3 of the new star wars movies made after Revenge of the Jedi.  GARBAGE.

jar-jar-binks.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Vance:

My vote for the most overrated movie ever is a three way tie between all 3 of the new star wars movies made after Revenge of the Jedi.  GARBAGE.

I would say that they were not as good as the originals, but then again that is pretty much the consensus.

Some parts (and characters) are like “George, come on… really? That is the best you could come up with?” Other aspects were very good, including much of the story.

Overall a bit of a let down, but still very important and I would say good films.

• @LHoffman:

@Vance:

My vote for the most overrated movie ever is a three way tie between all 3 of the new star wars movies made after Revenge of the Jedi.  GARBAGE.Â

I would say that they were not as good as the originals, but then again that is pretty much the consensus.

Some parts (and characters) are like “George, come on… really? That is the best you could come up with?” Other aspects were very good, including much of the story.

Overall a bit of a let down, but still very important and I would say good films.

I agree with you, if you have 20 years to plan for a sequal and the best you can do is The Phantom Menace you failed.

• True. When I heard they were coming out, I got very excited. I knew I would watch them at the cinema then own them myself. Instead after seeing  them, I decided I was not buying them on DVD.
    I hate those disappointments.

@wittmann:

I hate those disappointments.

There are still some very memorable moments, and personally I would not dismiss them out of hand… but they did not live up to their predecessors.

• Sponsor

I hear that “The Hobbit” may suffer the same fate.

@Young:

I hear that “The Hobbit” may suffer the same fate.

I follow this very closely, and my understanding is not that people think the story or characters will be poor, but that PJ is overextending the original work into something it is not. Sort of a “butter scraped over too much bread” scenario. Some aspects of what I have seen in the newest preview have concerned me… plus the fact that most of the theaters will likely be showing the film at 48fps instead of the classic film rate, which makes it look like you are watching daytime soap operas.

Overall I am optimistic, but it sure has the potential to be overrated. But I really hope it isn’t.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

“butter scraped over too much bread” scenario

I think you mean too much butter scraped over too little bread. :)

Regardless, it can’t be as bad as the cartoon/semi-real LOTR movies from the 80’s lol…

@Gargantua:

“butter scraped over too much bread” scenario

I think you mean too much butter scraped over too little bread. :)

Well, yes, perhaps that is better. But Bilbo’s quote works just as well if we assume the original story is the butter and PJs movie the script/film.
    Either way… you get it.

@Gargantua:

Regardless, it can’t be as bad as the cartoon/semi-real LOTR movies from the 80’s lol…

Tru dat.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m