Global 1943 Expansion, Revised

• Hmm, I discovered an anomaly in the 1943 rulebook. It says Japan starts with an IPC level of 58 but after I counted it hundred times I came out on 57. Same as for UK, I don’t remember exactly what they start with but in any case, it’s one buck more than stated in the rulebook.

• @victoryfirst yea i remember noticing something like that too. I think it might be factoring submarine damage. Not certain though

• @barnee

I don’t think so. What is referred to are the IPC values for all territories under each power, not including submarine damage or other changes (which are much higher at the start of the game).

• @victoryfirst

Thanks - I’ll check it asap and get back to you.

Until then the IPC level that is according to the setup (Japanese & UK controlled territories) is the true IPC level.

We might have written the IPC level wrong in the rulebook… but we’ll check it again.

• Can paratroopers attack with rockets at ‘3’ the first round, or at ‘1’?

In the rulebook, it says that Waffen-paratroopers come into play in Late 1943 (round 7). But Late 1943 is round 8.

• @victoryfirst

Hi Victory,

Yes, Paratroopers can attack at “3” when Rockets are launched into the same territory.

Rockets are an Independent Weapon.

A Rocket attack must be launched and Casualties from this Rocket attack must be removed immediately - before any other Combat is resolved.

Concerning Waffen-SS Paratrooper units: they can enter game from Early 1943 (round 7).

The Timetable shows this correctly.

The text in the Rulebook should say Early 1943. We’ll correct this in the updated Rulebook in 2022.

Thanks once again:+1:

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

The Combat Engineer unit has so far been succesfully play testet with the Global 1943 Expansion.

Saturday 8th January, we have last play testing game (no. 10).

Sunday 9th January, we have the first Global 1943 game with the Combat Engineer unit as an integral part from game start.

No Combat Engineer units are part of the Global 1943 Setup. These units must be purchased during the game.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

Global 1943 IPC Clarification:

We have now re-checked the IPC Starting Level for all Nations.

There were questions concerning the United Kingdom and Japan Starting IPC Level.

We confirm that the United Kingdom Starting IPC Level is 59 IPC.

United Kingdom (including ANZAC) has lost the following territories:

• Shan State (1)
    • Kwangtung (3)
    • Malaya (3)
    • Borneo (4)

Total loss: 11 IPC

United Kingdom has captured the following territories:

• Libya (1)
    • Tobruk (0)
    • Ethiopia (1)
    • Italian Somaliland (0)
    • Syria (1)
    • Iraq (2)
    • Persia (2)
    • Eastern Persia (0)
    • Sumatra (4)
    • Java (4)

Total gain: 15 IPC

Original 1940 United Kingdom Starting IPC Level (including ANZAC): 55 IPC.

Global 1943 Starting IPC Level: 59 IPC.

It seems , that 1 IPC from United Kingdom savings was somehow “absorbed” into the United Kingdom Starting IPC Level.

This has now been corrected.

In other words - the Starting Income for United Kingdom is still 71 IPC.

Concerning Japan:

Japan has lost no original territories.

Japan has captured the following territories:

• Chahar (1)
    • Hopeh (1)
    • Kweichow (1)
    • Szechwan (1)
    • Yunnan (1)
    • Hunan (1)
    • Anhwei (1)
    • Shan State (1)
    • French Indo China (2)
    • Malaya (3)
    • Kwangrung (3)
    • Guam (1)
    • Philippines (5)
    • Borneo (4)
    • Celebes (4)
    • Dutch New Guinea (2)

Total gain: 32 IPC

Original 1940 Japan Starting IPC Level: 26 IPC

Global 1943 Starting IPC Level: 58 IPC.

Thanks to VictoryFirst, for bringing this to our attention.

• @the-captain said in Global 1943 House Rules Expansion:

Global 1943 IPC Clarification:

• Celebes (4)

Celebes is worth 3 though, not 4.
    So Japans Starting IPC level should be 57 IPC.

• @victoryfirst

That explains it…

Our Game Board produced by Siredblood (Map version 1.2), shows this:

Celebes.JPEG

Celebes is worth 4 IPC, and the Global 1943 Expansion IPC Level is calculated based on this value.

You could choose to ignore this IPC value and use the 3 IPC value instead, and do your corrections when playing Global 1943:+1:

• @the-captain in the rules for Pacific Expanded you have this for Borneo

Borneo 4 points 1 infantry
     Ceylon 1 point

I gave Borneo the INF but it’s already at 4, so it stayed the same. This is the only place where you listed a “point total” that was the same as oob, so I just ignored it.

Now I’m wondering if that point total was meant for Celebes ? Should I give Celebes a 1 point boost to match your map ?

• @barnee

Yea - that’s true about Borneo. We decided to write the IPC value in the Expanded Pacific Setup, since there is 1 infantry to be placed there.

If we did not write the IPC value (4) it might cause confusion.

Anyway, the IPC value should be 4 at Celebes.

I’ll correct the IPC markers in the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion rulebook, so there is a “4” IPC marker for Celebes also.

Thanks, barnee:+1:

• @the-captain right on. So Celebes doesn’t get hardwired at 4, it’ll act the same as Philippines and the others ?

• @barnee

Yea - that seems like the best solution :+1:

• @the-captain Are there more territories that have a changed IPC value? I know Siredblood has a map where Ukraine is worth +1 as well, but Soviet Far East is worth -1. I had a lot of trouble because every time I thought I found the map I was looking for, it was a bit different from OOB. I would love to buy such a gorgeous looking map, but nobody doesn’t respond and I don’t even know the map I am looking for exists.

• @victoryfirst said in Global 1943 House Rules Expansion:

@the-captain Are there more territories that have a changed IPC value? I know Siredblood has a map where Ukraine is worth +1 as well, but Soviet Far East is worth -1. I had a lot of trouble because every time I thought I found the map I was looking for, it was a bit different from OOB. I would love to buy such a gorgeous looking map, but nobody doesn’t respond and I don’t even know the map I am looking for exists.

What version of map you looking for ?

Version 1 has Celebes worth 4. Version 2 has Celebes worth 3. Version 3 has Celebes worth 3.
    Version 4 has Celebes worth 2.

• @victoryfirst

Celebes worth 4 IPC is the only change compared to the OOB 2E map.

• Just saying Sumatra, Java, Borneo and Celebes all changed in Ver. 4.

OK Later. SS Gen out ( General 6 stars).

• @general-6-stars

Congratulations on your promotion!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

The Global 1943 House Rules Expansion 1.1 includes a few clarifications and corrections.

Also, a correction in the United Kingdom IPC Level have been adjusted with 1 IPC.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m