in your opinion what is the most balanced axis and allies with no bids?
Latest posts made by zombiemaster22
All Global Variants?
i have been browsing alternative global setups and have currently found 7, i found 1939,1940,1941,1942,1943,an 1944 on board game geek posted in the forums by someone named midnight, and i am also aware of Larry harris 42, are there more setups or is this all?
RE: Which is strongest side, and what to do about it?
1.im pretty sure everyone agrees axis has the advantage.
2. usually the allies will get a bid of around 20 dollars. i always hear solutions such as giving the allies more units, but maybe someone should experiment with removing some axis units instead.
Defenders being able to retreat?
out of curiosity has anyone implemented some form of rules that allow defenders to retreat from a battle, or to be forcefully pushed back instead of being completely wiped out? i know this would drastically change strategy but im wondering if there is a solution or if anyone has come up with something balanced? Ps: in any game version, classic, 41,42,40, bulge. im just looking to see if its possible
RE: Why axis and allies?
1. yeah, but not really. other games do it way better on a similar price point.
2. fair enough but the games in the similar price range are also strategic….
3.Ok this is the practically the only thing that the game does right, everyone loves plastic minis.
5. some people think rolling dice is a negative. but i do enjoy rolling dice.
6. if you were to drink beer while playing this game you would be dead from alcohol intoxication at the end.( i hope your not drinking it all in one sitting)
And a game called ‘‘europe engulfed, and asia engulfed’’ has stealth and it covers both theaters.
go to historical board gamings website
on the left side there is a category called custom maps and games, and in there there is a ww1 map.
if you also go to the ‘‘other axis and allies variants’’ forum on this website you will see some people are currently working on making ww1 games
R turn 1
What are the best moves that Russia can do on its first turn? what ive come to experience is that they need to throw everything into west Russia, pull its far east troops to the west, and buy two men one of which is set in caucuses as a blocker (to keep the Ukraine tank from blitzing into Moscow) and then set the other infantry in moscow. any thoughts?