Post League Game Results Here

• @trulpen said in Post League Game Results Here:

Disagreement-based WO

trulpen vs AndrewAAGamer 1-0

P2V with no bid

I’ll record this because I saw where Andrew said he really didn’t care what happened with the result of this ill-fated game. But if Andrew objects, I will nullify the game result because as far as I know there was not a clear winner. League Rule #6 that requires loser to post result applies here, and Rule #5 does not apply because of the whole mess with the bumps that weren’t really bumps in this game. So again, based on Andrew’s clearly expressed sentiment that he doesn’t care what the result of the game is (and therefore is not contesting it), I will record as win for trulpen unless I hear from Andrew asking otherwise.

• @gamerman01 said in Post League Game Results Here:

I’ll record this because I saw where Andrew said he really didn’t care what happened with the result of this ill-fated game. But if Andrew objects, I will nullify the game result because as far as I know there was not a clear winner. League Rule #6 that requires loser to post result applies here, and Rule #5 does not apply because of the whole mess with the bumps that weren’t really bumps in this game. So again, based on Andrew’s clearly expressed sentiment that he doesn’t care what the result of the game is (and therefore is not contesting it), I will record as win for trulpen unless I hear from Andrew asking otherwise.

Thank you @gamerman01 for the post. As I have said multiple times in my posts to my opponent I feel this game should have been nullified. He was unwilling to do so therefore I said do what you want, I do not care about the points or final result as I am unwilling to continue playing against him. If the game can be nullified within the rules that would be my preference. If I have to play on to avoid a forfeit then he can have the win.

• OK thanks for the timely feedback, Andrew, yes, I’m trying my best to resolve this game in the best way that I know how.

Because there is no official provision for nullifying games, that is not preferable. As far as I know from a cursory look at the map, which I understand is in dispute, it’s not obvious who’s going to win and since you are unwilling to continue and since you expressed clearly in the game thread and again now that while you would prefer nullification you will not fight a loss (and I see you have a fantastic and unblemished record heretofore), I believe the win should go to trulpen.

Obviously don’t like to see this kind of problems and disagreements and bad feelings and regrets, but we’re passionate gamers with different perspectives and sometimes they happen. I hope you both continue to thoroughly enjoy gaming here as you move on from this experience, and you can look forward to having zero losses again on January 1, 2021, which is only weeks away. ;) Cheers

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Thank you @gamerman01. Not playing this game anymore is my way to move on from a very negative experience for me. It is not worth the points to have to deal with it or think about it. I have met some very nice people on this site and I hope to continue playing against them and others I have not played against yet. Overall my experience here has been pleasant. I appreciate your effort in helping this site be a good experience for all.

• 2023 '20

Windowwasher (X) vs Mainah (L+15) BM3. Windowwasher wins.
    https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/35895/l20-windowwasher-x-vs-mainah-l-15-bm3/102

• axis-dominion over ME1945. bm3

this game has dragged on long enough. he’s been absent for a while now, after coming back shortly from an even longer absence. so we’ll just claim it now as we are close to the end of this year, and I really don’t want this to leak into yet another year lol

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/32784/19l-axis-dominion-4-vs-me1945-allies-bm3

• '21 '20

• '20

• '15 '14

@axis-dominion said in Post League Game Results Here:

axis-dominion over ME1945. bm3

this game has dragged on long enough. he’s been absent for a while now, after coming back shortly from an even longer absence. so we’ll just claim it now as we are close to the end of this year, and I really don’t want this to leak into yet another year lol

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/32784/19l-axis-dominion-4-vs-me1945-allies-bm3

Allies were toast anyway. How much income die Axis have? 210?

• '15 '14

@AndrewAAGamer said in Post League Game Results Here:

Thank you @gamerman01. Not playing this game anymore is my way to move on from a very negative experience for me. It is not worth the points to have to deal with it or think about it. I have met some very nice people on this site and I hope to continue playing against them and others I have not played against yet. Overall my experience here has been pleasant. I appreciate your effort in helping this site be a good experience for all.

I read through your game thread and it was a heated discussion. According to what I read it felt for you that trulpen did some weasel-ish move by not giving you notice of an obvious blunder you made while you think he should have as I think you gave him notice on a blunder on his side before.

I do not want to judge this situation at all, nor do I want to dive in deeper, all I would like to say is that I played trulpen twice this year, and he was a good and fair opponent. He is ambitious and eager to win, but never crossed any lines and so I think he did not in other games.

All I want to say is that sometimes things go South in a game but I would consider this an exception and not the norm.

I definitely hope you may call this under the bridge soon and continue playing league games. It would be a shame to lose you here because of this unpleasant dispute in a single game.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Yeah, obviously this game got out of hand. I have played trulpen too and I don’t think he is unfair. HOWEVER, he is KING of EDITS and that is not so good all the time. With that said he also allows you many edits. I think edits should be kept to a minimum… and not so much after next post. Sometimes this becomes a fine line.

Personally I only bump if I really mean to, bumps should never be used if you only intend to “activate” the game. A bump is a bump. Periode.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Thank you for your consideration. It is not my intend for anyone else to have any opinion regarding Trulpen or myself regarding our game. This is a game just between us and unfortunately a private game is open to public disclosure since we are playing online. How I feel about Trulpen is my business so please do not let my feelings or experience affect your opinion of him.

Without getting into details I think everyone can agree the game got out of hand and there are many reasons, beyond edits, that I am unwilling to play against Trulpen any longer. Again, that is just my business. Not finishing the game was my way to remove myself from what was a very negative experience. If that cost me a loss so be it.

I fully intend to continue playing in League games. I am trying to decide how best to move forward to minimize any future potential disagreements because I, like I am sure most everyone here, just wants to play and have fun.

Please consider this matter over.

• '19

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

Regularkid over crockett36 ptv He won both as axis.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

And as allies.

• 2024 2023 '22 '19 '18

• '15 '14

@AndrewAAGamer said in Post League Game Results Here:

I fully intend to continue playing in League games.

That’s what I wanted to hear :-)

I only crashed the party because I read this:
    " Not playing this game anymore is my way to move on from a very negative experience for me"

It sounded to me you were gonna quit the league because of that, that’s why I tried to persuade you not to :)
    (But you guess you only referred to this singular game and I just misinterpreted the post)

Thanks!

• @JDOW said in Post League Game Results Here:

I read through your game thread and it was a heated discussion. According to what I read it felt for you that trulpen did some weasel-ish move by not giving you notice of an obvious blunder you made while you think he should have as I think you gave him notice on a blunder on his side before.

Just a small correction. There wasn’t actually any notice of a blunder, but I rather messed up a new rule (which I of course should’ve been aware of) regarding needing both a factory and a naval base in the same territory in order to build capital ships. Became cold-showerly aware of this during mobilization of units. This was more or less two turns of wasted resources spent for Germany and led to the annihilation of the heavily invested italian fleet (several carriers) in the early game (an expected TUV-swing of more than a 100).

My opponent was very understandable of how the blunder could happen, since he was planning along the same route. I asked for an edit of either purchase or italian des-positioning, but was denied in regards to the beforehand presented edit-policy. I accepted that.

However, he was very generous offering a cancellation of the game. While I definitely appreciated it, I still declined the offer because I prefer to see things through. The situation was my bad and I simply had to suck it up.

This situation was referred to later in the game when 3 aussie-figs in mainland China were forgotten to be landed on a several factor larger US navy. It was a huge battle and objectively a bad one for Japan, but they were in the sad position of having to go for it anyway. It was quickly executed and I didn’t even notice those figs before I commenced battle.

Got extremely lucky dice, which made an expected 40-50 TUV-swing (still very pyrrhic) into about 180, giving some respite of hope for the Yellow Plaque.

The 3 figs would’ve clearly made a difference with 3 battle-rounds, changing it to 150 under the postulate that the already rolled dice would be the same (which they of course wouldn’t have if the figs had been present from the start, but rolled dice stand) and the extra figs would hit on a mean.

That’s the story, morning glory.

I do not want to judge this situation at all, nor do I want to dive in deeper, all I would like to say is that I played trulpen twice this year, and he was a good and fair opponent. He is ambitious and eager to win, but never crossed any lines and so I think he did not in other games.

Thank you for your kind words! I should’ve won both my games with you, but when there’s a significant quality difference there’s not much to do. :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m