• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

I’m not a trash talker but I laugh so hard at my friend when he rolls crap dice and just swears at his roll like he just burned his hands or something.

What do you guys do, if anything that would be interpreted as trash talk?

• I usually reserve this for Moscow once conquered….

skip to 55 seconds…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f-m-Fmd1lY

Ahh Ickey……is he dead?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I like to say -CHOKE- during the roll on occasion…

Or I call the numbers as my opponent is rolling them.

Nation dependant -slurs- tend to frequent games I play aswell… :)  Probably the best game for trash talk I ever played, was against 3 Univeristy of Toronto Psychology students (All Jews) who had a superiority complex, and challenged me to a game.  They bragged about how they’d never lost, and how I didn’t stand a chance against the 3 of them.

I bought a fighter and 10 infantry on G1, and was informed that I was stupid for buying that, and cleary -hadn’t- played much before. That was the first strike… it was personal now, and I made sure it wasn’t long before thier yiddish giggling quickly came to a short end.

The further the axis forces got into Russia, the darker the trash talk became.  Which culminated in their absolute FAILURE, to withstand the pressue.

The Allies folded after the capitulation of Moscow, with the also impending doom of london ever present.

I can’t repeat the things that were said here, but I’ll let you imagine briefly. :)

Upon completion, we all shook hands - great game :), but of course - the dice - were blamed  :roll:

• Trash talk around here with our games usually devolves in to a very pretty and smooth flowing litany of obscenities which well endeavor to insult what ever ethnic group the country you happen to be playing represents, especially  Italy and Poland for some odd reason.

The Italians get yelled at by the other players if they’re doing well while the Axis players yell and Italy if they do poorly (or historically accurate as we like to call it!).

For reasons that have become utterly lost to us now but I believe stretch back to a game I played as a freshman in high school (scary to think how long ago that was now) we blame any poor anti-aircraft rolls on the Poles. I can’t really explain that last one but every single time someone rolls for AA and wiffs it’s always blamed on the “stupid-crossed-eyed-Pol*k AA crews” regardless of which country they were playing (an interesting side note to this, In one game a Soviet player would shout the same obscenity listed about about his AA gun rolls, pick up the piece and shout “TOO THE GULAG!” and place them back in the box for another one, something he also did with his dice. The main difference was he would be very serious when he did it with his dice but he would laugh like a madman when he was “punishing” AA guns, to the point where it was getting creepy and we had to tell him to stop)

On another note, the most surreal moment I have ever had playing in Axis and Allies was when Global’40 first came out and I brought the game over to set up and play with my friends for the first time. I brought to my friend Brian’s house and we set it up in his gaming room (really just the dining room that he never uses). Now my friend Brian is very Jewish, he wears a Yarmulke and has a Mezuzah hanging up in his home. After laboring for about 45mins to set it up for the first time he and I sat and considered the board for a while, thinking on possible first moves and grander strategies for the game over all. I got up and left the room for a moment to get myself a glass of water and when I came back was greeted with one of the strangest sights I have ever seen. There stood Brian, leaning over the board, plotting out Germany’s first move, he became consumed with all the possibilities Germany had for its opening move and was fixated on trying to figure out a way for Germany to simultaneously invade Britain while still building up for Barbarossa, all while humming “Deutschland Uber Alles” to himself, wearing his Yarmulke, with a copy of the Torah in a glass case across the table from him. I took a long hard look at the glass of water I had just taken a gulp of, another long hard look at the scene in front of me, and decided that I needed to go sit down in the other room until I had regained control of my senses again.

That is hilarious Clyde.

• “Do you think it’s your strategy or that the dice hate you?”

• Clyde should be banned…he said Jew and laboring in the same paragraph…how anti-semetic…  :wink:

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

PredJUdice…

• @Clyde85:

There stood Brian, leaning over the board, plotting out Germany’s first move, he became consumed with all the possibilities Germany had for its opening move and was fixated on trying to figure out a way for Germany to simultaneously invade Britain while still building up for Barbarossa, all while humming “Deutschland Uber Alles” to himself, wearing his Yarmulke, with a copy of the Torah in a glass case across the table from him.      Â

I think this story illustrates nicely how much the world has changed since 1945, with WWII now being regarded as history rather than as a recent conflict (even though it’s still within the living memory of quite a few people).  Back in the mid-1980s, there was a military analyst who listed various hypothetical future situations which could destabilize the global power relationships which emerged at the end of WWII – of these being the reunification of Germany, which at the time was still divided into East and West Germany.  This hypothetical situation did in fact happen just a few years later, and I don’t recall this causing much anxiety to anyone (except possibly to various high-ranking ex-officials of the former East German government).  And just the other day, in a news story I was reading about German Federal Republic troops serving in NATO peacekeeping operations, there was a quote from a German officer who commented that one of the countries which appreciates seeing Bundeswehr forces keeping the peace in the world’s trouble spots is Israel.  Times certainly do change.

• Customizer

We tend to go to Inglorious Basterds for our smack against the Germans such as “I will get my Nazi scalps!” or “take that sauerkraut sammich eatin M–—F----- off MY territory” Caucasus gets the most smack talk such as “The Cauc is mine!” “I need the Cauc!” That kind of thing.

• When we are not spilling wine over Asia, we are totally civilised over the 10s of 1000s of deaths we have just totted up while we play.
    I usually post on this forum rather than chat to my friends over the game. Who said manners were dead?
    My best friend is such a cry baby, I try to keep my thoughts(and gloating) to myself.
    Then have a laugh with my wife, often waking her up. Then the trouble starts!

After a healthy roll, my buddy will sometimes quote Johnny Ringo from the movie “Tombstone” and say “You smell that Bill, smells like somebody died” and of course I reply “Jesus Johnny.”

• @hkytown1:

I’m not a trash talker but I laugh so hard at my friend when he rolls crap dice and just swears at his roll like he just burned his hands or something.

What do you guys do, if anything that would be interpreted as trash talk?

I’m the friend rolling crap dice and it is friggin annoying when you roll 19 dice and get 2-3 hits.  It tends to chap a mans ass once in awhile.  My 5 yr old loves to roll dice for hkytown1 and myself and he rolls worse than I do, gets 1’s, 2’s and 3’s.  We call him the cooler.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m