G40 Balance Mod - Rules and Download

• @cyanight:

On the Lend Lease National objectives.

If Russia declares war on Japan then they do NOT get the bonus +2 for each Lend Lease lane that is open.

Is this correct?

Yes

• I disagree with AA being lowered to 3
    4 is OK I think, but 3 is definitely too cheap - they would actually be overpowered at that point

• '14 Customizer

I updated the Nation Objective cards.

• Added Missing Cards

• Removed France since its a one time occurrence

• Removed Russian NO, Iraq

• Added separate cards for Russian Lend Lease Lane,  (2) and (4)

http://www.artscow.com/ClientDesigner/Designer.aspx?DesignId=166760949

• I think Allies are overpowerd in balancemod 2 by a good margin. I also think many players have forgotten how to play Allies.

Your all doing it wrong! Id loved to take anyone on and show what magic that can be done with allies. Sadly I cannot because i have 2 children now.
    Most times allies loose is because they fail to keep Russia safe first 10-11 rounds. That is a player playing the game outright wrong.

Here are some tips:

• Kill Italys economy first. All the way so it will never ever recover. This is easy.

• Dont think so much about UK defence as Sealion leads to Russia taking Romania and allies having good time killing Japan.
      Sealion is a death trap for Germany.

• Build ALOT of subs and convoy raid all possible seazones.

• Build a fleet that mirrors the japanese fleet in the pacific. Dont build a f u x k i n g oversized fleet. Please…

• Build alot of trannies in the atlantic and the pacific.

• Always trade units with Germany and Japan to slow them down. Send in trannies to annoy them.
      Reward for not doing this is that Germany can focus on Russia and Japan can focus on India. Then you loose.

• As UK. Focus on middeleast and Russia support. Dont build a fleet. You can however build subs and bombers. Wait for US and build trannies whn they arrive.

• Empty London of landunits lategame. Send them to fight Hitler.

• Dont loose India and Russia. If you somehow do, move your units away so you can come back and retake it later.

• Dont ever build: Battleships, Cruisers and AA guns. This have not changed.

• Dont build alot of tanks with Soviet. Its ok to buy Mec though.

• Build units and put them into trannies. Dont build to many warships.

• Russia should dow Japan and support China and India. This is because they have time to do so and then turn back to defend Moscow.
      Its not like they can stop early german invation anyway. This have not changed.

• Australia should use all its landunits to attack Japan and support India.

Your doing it right if:

You have a big load of UK fighters and mec in Persia area that supports India and Russia.

Have no landunits and AA guns exept newly build in US or Australia because they all went to attack Japan and Germany.

Have alot of subs convoying and some bombers bombing.

Simplified:

1. Attack Italy and make them unimportant.
    2. Focus on containing Japan but send a small US taskforce to Europe.
    3. When Japan is somewhat contained attack Germany 100% with US.
    4. If Russia falls. Move your oversized Russian stack Vologda or Samara. Big problem for Germany.
      Keep Germans away from the middeleast. Now UK/India is the new Russia.

Do not plan on defending.

• And lategame use US planes based in Moscow area to spawn china inf in all the 6 closest china territories to Novosibirisk.
    Youll need 12-14 American planes. If attacking inf youll earn +3 IPC each strike. Japan cannot replace the units.

Return of the big US bomberstack x)
    Bombers is a solid lategame US buy as it helps defend Russia. (strangely enough)

• @cyanight:

I updated the Nation Objective cards.

• Added Missing Cards

• Removed France since its a one time occurrence

• Removed Russian NO, Iraq

• Added separate cards for Russian Lend Lease Lane,  (2) and (4)

http://www.artscow.com/ClientDesigner/Designer.aspx?DesignId=166760949

really nice work dude. thanks!

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

In a BM 2.0 game I am playing

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=37866.195

I notice the amerivans are getting 4 PU for objective 9. I believe this should be 5?

• '19 '17

@oysteilo:

In a BM 2.0 game I am playing

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=37866.195

I notice the amerivans are getting 4 PU for objective 9. I believe this should be 5?

Yeah you’re playing the first BM version which had that mistake, it should be 5.

• '19 '17 '16

I’m getting a bunch of errors after loading the BM upgrade.

triplea.engine.version.bin:1.8.0.9
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:Russians with name: triggerAttachment_Russians_2_Persia_Lend_Lease_Lane
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_Italians_3_North_Africa_Control
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:Russians with name: triggerAttachment_Russians_4_Increased_Lend_Lease_War_With_Japanese
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:British with name: triggerAttachment_British_3_No_Enemy_Submarines
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_Germans_7_Control_of_Balkans
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_British_2_Southern_Europe_Beach_Head
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_Americans_9_Vital_Forward_Bases
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:Americans with name: triggerAttachment_Americans_7_North_Africa_Beach_Head
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_Italians_5_Control_Convoy_Lanes
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:Russians with name: triggerAttachment_Russians_7_Great_Patriotic_War
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_British_4_Control_Convoy_Lanes
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:British with name: triggerAttachment_UK_Pacific_4_No_Enemy_Submarines
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_Americans_8_Pacific_Airfields
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:Americans with name: triggerAttachment_Americans_6_Western_Europe_Beach_Head
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:Russians with name: triggerAttachment_Russians_3_Siberia_Lend_Lease_Lane
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_Japanese_5_Pacific_Airfields
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_ANZAC_3_Pacific_Supply_Lines

What have I done wrong here?

• '19 '17

@simon33:

I’m getting a bunch of errors after loading the BM upgrade.

triplea.engine.version.bin:1.8.0.9
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:Russians with name: triggerAttachment_Russians_2_Persia_Lend_Lease_Lane
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_Italians_3_North_Africa_Control
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:Russians with name: triggerAttachment_Russians_4_Increased_Lend_Lease_War_With_Japanese
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:British with name: triggerAttachment_British_3_No_Enemy_Submarines
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_Germans_7_Control_of_Balkans
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_British_2_Southern_Europe_Beach_Head
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_Americans_9_Vital_Forward_Bases
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:Americans with name: triggerAttachment_Americans_7_North_Africa_Beach_Head
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_Italians_5_Control_Convoy_Lanes
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:Russians with name: triggerAttachment_Russians_7_Great_Patriotic_War
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_British_4_Control_Convoy_Lanes
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:British with name: triggerAttachment_UK_Pacific_4_No_Enemy_Submarines
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_Americans_8_Pacific_Airfields
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:Americans with name: triggerAttachment_Americans_6_Western_Europe_Beach_Head
    Triggers: No trigger attachment for:Russians with name: triggerAttachment_Russians_3_Siberia_Lend_Lease_Lane
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_Japanese_5_Pacific_Airfields
    objective.properties attachment does not exist: objectiveAttachment_ANZAC_3_Pacific_Supply_Lines

What have I done wrong here?

Nothing, you simply don’t have the additional download (first page of this thread) which places the correct objectives in the objectives tab, and not having it gives this error. The error is harmless though, you can ignore it and it will have no effect other than popping up when you load a BM game.

• '19 '17 '16

Actually I have the download from Reply #1. Seems that I only get the error when I start a non BM game. BM games are fine.

• '15 '14

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=38237.msg1564960#msg1564960

Here seems to be a bug. Allies have Normandy (UK) and US landed a Marine in Holland.
    However tripleA did not count the NO. Is the engine confused because the only land unit was a marine?

• '19 '17

@JDOW:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=38237.msg1564960#msg1564960

Here seems to be a bug. Allies have Normandy (UK) and US landed a Marine in Holland.
    However tripleA did not count the NO. Is the engine confused because the only land unit was a marine?

Yup that is the reason, and marines also don’t work for the North African NO. It’s because we added the marine after making those 2 NOs. The UK NO for a land unit in Sicily/Sardinia/Greece registers the marine as a land unit.

• '15 '14

ok thanks. So I just add the money manually in those cases then.

• '19 '17

@JDOW:

ok thanks. So I just add the money manually in those cases then.

Yup, it will be fixed in the next version of BM.

• '19 '17 '16

What’s the theory behind the Vichy rules. Seems to make the opening G1 moves automatic, or at least part of them. Attack both Normandy and France. Don’t attack Southern France as Italy.

Historical accuracy?

• Correct.
    Italy attempted to gain ground in France but failed.
    Das Reich made a deal with So.France and Mussolini was kinda….not amused about it.
    Long story short. :-D

• '15 '14

@simon33:

What’s the theory behind the Vichy rules. Seems to make the opening G1 moves automatic, or at least part of them. Attack both Normandy and France. Don’t attack Southern France as Italy.

Historical accuracy?

But it is not at all clear yet whether activating Vichy is favorable for the Axis or the Allies.
    In the long run the extra money Allies can collect due to Vichy can significantly matter.

• Money and territory ownership, which allows for new base possibilities  :-)

• '19 '17 '16

@JDOW:

@simon33:

Historical accuracy?

But it is not at all clear yet whether activating Vichy is favorable for the Axis or the Allies.
    In the long run the extra money Allies can collect due to Vichy can significantly matter.

Seems favourable to the axis to me. You don’t have to hit the French fleet at Toulon, don’t have to attack French North Africa and in fact, these North Africa forces can join your side.

Yes, you lose the 3IPC per turn from Southern France until you activate French North Africa.

What extra money can the allies collect? FIC is all that is obvious.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m