• @Young:

Would anyone here use their one traval pass to go back and shot Hittler when he was an art student?

yes

• @Jermofoot:

I’d go back maybe 5 years and retain the one that got away.  Then I’d be happy even knowing when the world was ending.

I remember when you wrote about this 5 years ago, sorry to hear you haven’t gotten over it.

• Sponsor

@JWW:

@Young:

Would anyone here use their one traval pass to go back and shot Hittler when he was an art student?

yes

I forgot that the original question stated that the world would end, so is there any point changing the world by shooting Hitler if every human will parish anyways?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@JWW:

@Young:

yes

I would go back in time and STOP you.

With Hitler removed, Red-Alert the video game would have happend, and Russia would have crushed Europe with Mammoth tanks.

Or have you forgotten?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABDm2JcnTPs

• @JWW:

@Jermofoot:

I’d go back maybe 5 years and retain the one that got away.�  Then I’d be happy even knowing when the world was ending.

I remember when you wrote about this 5 years ago, sorry to hear you haven’t gotten over it.

It’s been about 3 and half.  In hindsight, I wouldn’t change it, because that would be the one (and she says I am, not sure I believe that).

Wouldn’t be so bad if I haven’t had a string of bad luck, and that when her last relationship fell apart she tried to spark things back up again.  But we live no where near each other and probably wouldn’t be able to for a long time.  So it just worked me up for nothin’.

…at least I don’t have to worry about Valentine’s Day!  Again…

@Jermofoot:

@JWW:

@Jermofoot:

I’d go back maybe 5 years and retain the one that got away.�  Then I’d be happy even knowing when the world was ending.

It’s been about 3 and half.  In hindsight, I wouldn’t change it, because that would be the one (and she says I am, not sure I believe that).

Wouldn’t be so bad if I haven’t had a string of bad luck, and that when her last relationship fell apart she tried to spark things back up again.  But we live no where near each other and probably wouldn’t be able to for a long time.  So it just worked me up for nothin’.

…at least I don’t have to worry about Valentine’s Day!  Again…

In all seriousness,

Gargantua offers a service that can resolve these challenges, and achieve impossible goals.

Let me know if you really want it that bad, we’ll talk payment (not always just money), and I’ll get to work.

• @Gargantua:

@Jermofoot:

@JWW:

@Jermofoot:

I’d go back maybe 5 years and retain the one that got away.��  Then I’d be happy even knowing when the world was ending.

It’s been about 3 and half.�  In hindsight, I wouldn’t change it, because that would be the one (and she says I am, not sure I believe that).

Wouldn’t be so bad if I haven’t had a string of bad luck, and that when her last relationship fell apart she tried to spark things back up again.�  But we live no where near each other and probably wouldn’t be able to for a long time.�  So it just worked me up for nothin’.

…at least I don’t have to worry about Valentine’s Day!�  Again…

In all seriousness,

Gargantua offers a service that can resolve these challenges, and achieve impossible goals.

Let me know if you really want it that bad, we’ll talk payment (not always just money), and I’ll get to work.

It’s ok, Garg, you don’t have to sellout your butthole for me.

I’m fine with the way things are.  I’m really busy anyway.  Studying, working two jobs, raising a kid, brewing beer, trying to write a book, and getting in shape (lost about 30 lbs. since a year and a half ago or so).  I wouldn’t have time for sweet, sweet loving anyway…

• '17 '16 '15

@JWW:

Go back to the 80’s and bag another dozen chicks in H.S. that I choose to pass on at the time……and then a few more in college that I passed on etc…

HA HA HA!  What more is there?

@MrMalachiCrunch:

I always thought a great premise for a Sci-Fi movie would be a last chance to save humanity from an alien invasion rested with time travel and one individual with perhaps a few gadgets say 20-50 Kilos worth.  That individual’s diplomacy, information and tactical/strategic acumen is placed back in time in order to jump start technical civilization at a point early enough that we could in time withstand the alien onslaught.

What time and civilization would be picked and how would the change take place?    Perhaps the limits would be any time in the last 3000 years.  Ancient Egypt with a few Ipads teaching the ancients on how to turn copper into wires and electric motors/generators.

Only a confederate united states could pull this victory off.

Or an un-seperated British Empire!

• '12

I’d be interested in reading an alternate history novel of how the world might be with an un-separated British Empire.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

I’d be interested in reading an alternate history novel of how the world might be with an un-separated British Empire.

Same here.

• Call me Mr. Thicky Thicko, but want do you mean “un-seperated British Empire”?
    Thanks.

• '12

If the US War of Independence had not occurred.  North America would have evolved as a ‘Dominion’ of Great Britain rather than what is now Canada.  Perhaps a parliamentary system as exists in Canada and Britain but not as separate nations but as one large parliament as exists now in Great Britain for Wales, Scotland, England and N. Ireland.  By the 1900s we would see what is now Britain as a ‘Dominion’ of North America where the real power was in NA based on having 6-7 times the population of Isles of Britain as it stands now.

The 1800s play out completely different and England dominates the world.  On the other hand the expansion into North America may have occurred more slowly.  Perhaps the Americas with no strong English expansionist tendencies are more heterogeneous and a place of constant warfare.

• Thank you Malachi.

• I agree with MrMalachiCrunch 100% as usual.

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

How about an unseparated Russian Empire Stretching from Germany, encompassing Poland, the Baltic states, central Asia, all the way to the Bering Straight! Throwing their weight around all over Africa, Latin America and even south Asia! Now that would have made world history interesting…

Oh the what ifs…

I would enlist to kill Russians… lol

• @Canuck12:

How about an unseparated Russian Empire Stretching from Germany, encompassing Poland, the Baltic states, central Asia, all the way to the Bering Straight!

Not long after the end of the war in Europe, an American official (I think it was the U.S. ambassador to the Soviet Union) spoke to Stalin and said something along the lines of, “It must be very gratifying for you to have captured Berlin, after all the suffering that your people went through during the war.”  Stalin looked back at him and said, “Tsar Alexander got all the way to Paris.”

• One of the pictures that sticks in my memory from my Western Civilization class was of a huge bearded Tzarist soldier in Paris after France defeat in 1815.

• Correct if im wrong, did Russia own Alaska in the 19 century??? Imagine if they still did….

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m