• TripleA '12

Phew! We’ll get there eventually.  :-)

• @Imperious:

That is 3 different stories but consider two of these point out more than 160 pieces total, so that is bunk.

Not really.  It’s all speculation right now, but the press release clearly stated 160 units w/ 32 per power, which doesn’t include other playing pieces such as factories, AA, dice, tokens….

In order for the game to be played in 2 hours, I’m still of the belief that there are in fact only 32 pieces per power, as stated in the brief.  It will be a reduced game in scope and time, and the only way to do that is reduce the unit count as well.

Assuming 160 playing pieces, there’s easily another 40 in dice, tokens, factories and what have yous.  Which is easily over 200.

But again, all speculation.

• Assuming 160 playing pieces, there’s easily another 40 in dice, tokens, factories and what have you.  Which is easily over 200.

Well it DOES SAY 370 PLAYING PIECES. The box says 200+ playing pieces. Why does the 160 figure carry more weight than the other two bits of info?

How can you discount the difference of 200-370=170 other playing pieces?

Also, dice are not counted as playing pieces, tokens are not counted if you go by past incarnations of the game which only count ‘plastic’ pieces ( e.g.the sculpts).

Again the literature is meaning 160 new pieces featuring 16 new sculpts and 32 pieces per color, the rest being standard pieces. It does not say the only pieces included in the game are all new, rather a portion of them are new sculpts ( an improvement or new feature)

• @Imperious:

Assuming 160 playing pieces, there’s easily another 40 in dice, tokens, factories and what have you.  Which is easily over 200.

Well it DOES SAY 370 PLAYING PIECES. The box says 200+ playing pieces. Why does the 160 figure carry more weight than the other two bits of info?

Spring 42’s box and manual say ‘370 playing pieces’, the manual makes a distinction between pieces (includes AA and ICs) and dice/chips.

Actually, I just noticed something curious:
    The weight of a Spring 42 gamebox is 2.4 pounds, shipping weight 3.4 (on Amazon’s site).
    According to the info on the .pdf, AA41’s weight will be 3.44 pounds

So we’re definitely looking into something like Spring 42 in actual size and weight.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

The all encompassing question then becomes…

Does Cardboard weigh more than plastic? :P

• I’m with IL, the evidence points to the 370 pices with the 160 being new pieces.

In that case, however, there are probably new inf piece for all nations, as I don’t see WotC giving us 10+ new pieces of each new sculpt (Akagi? Hood? He-111?) unless there are 18-20 inf and 6 each of the other two new sculpts.

• Customizer

Yeah, with stuff like battleships, carriers and bombers, depending on the nation, I would guess 4 or 6 of each. With the tanks and fighters we will probably get more, like 8 - 12, again depending on the nation.

• @Gargantua:

The all encompassing question then becomes…
    Does Cardboard weigh more than plastic?

If you use enough cardboard, yes.

• @reloader-1:

I’m with IL

• I think I’m getting more excited for this the more I think about it.  I do wish they were redoing the Anniversary Edition as well.  I guess I’ll need to get this and the 1942 2nd edition.

• here’s a link to an online game store who have it available for preorder:
    http://www.funagain.com/control/product;jsessionid=71A6802287EF96958E51859B806A1974.jvm1?product_id=025815
    some April fool joke huh? :roll:

• WOW!!!  $23.99

I love how they went el-cheapo on the box art.  Awesome.

• Wonder what the new pieces all look like

Thanks for the link, thoes - interesting

• Thanks for the link, thoes - interesting

your welcome. just wanted to show everyone that this isn’t a hoax.

• @Cromwell_Dude:

I’m not really optimistic that the younger generation will play 1941 when they enjoy the touch apps on a SmartPhone, let alone the dumbing down of our culture.   With that said, I am very interested to see if this younger generation bites and enjoys the game.  I hope so.   It would be interesting to see the age demographics of people playing Axis and Allies online.  Â

I’m 15 and the only reason I haven’t bought any of the games yet is beucase the ones people say are good (Global, Revised, AA50), are sio riducously expensive now.

• @Bolt-Action:

I’m 15 and the only reason I haven’t bought any of the games yet is beucase the ones people say are good (Global, Revised, AA50), are sio riducously expensive now.

If you can only afford $20-30 you could get Spring 1942.  I recommended it to a 14 year old student of mine and he bought it.  It’s as good a buy as any of the other games, considering it’s a lot cheaper.  If you can’t afford more than $30 it’s really your only good option

I recommended it to a 14 year old student of mine

SUP TEACH!

• @Gamerman01:

@Bolt-Action:

If you can only afford $20-30 you could get Spring 1942.  I recommended it to a 14 year old student of mine and he bought it.  It’s as good a buy as any of the other games, considering it’s a lot cheaper.  If you can’t afford more than $30 it’s really your only good option

I can afford it, but I’m not sure I want to spend 200$ or so on a board game.

• G40 will be more affordable by the end of the year ;)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m