• yes it is ; the dd stops the movement, but does not forbid it (see the submarine movement description page 30 of the book)

• Thank you Yoshi.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@514bishy:

The air units I know but I am in shock about the land units and clearly from what I wrote I am still an amateur  :cry:

I mean thats a huge misunderstood rule for me and my buddies and I wonder how a lot of our games “might” have gone LOL

Quite differently, I am sure!

• The lack of a viable search fetaure on this MB forces me to ask this question.

Can one territory with several AAA guns fire multiple rockets at multiple targets?  
    For example, Can Germany with 2 AAA guns in Germany shoot a rocket at the UK IC with one gun and at the Russian Karelia IC with the other gun?

I thought there was a limit of one gun firing per territory, but that may apply to shots at incoming planes only, not rocket shots.

• It does say eachof your Rocket Guns can make a single rocket attack against an IC within 3 spaces. ****

• Official Q&A

@axis_roll:

Can one territory with several AAA guns fire multiple rockets at multiple targets?  
    For example, Can Germany with 2 AAA guns in Germany shoot a rocket at the UK IC with one gun and at the Russian Karelia IC with the other gun?

I thought there was a limit of one gun firing per territory, but that may apply to shots at incoming planes only, not rocket shots.

Only one AA gun in each territory may fire a rocket each turn.

• @axis_roll:

The lack of a viable search fetaure on this MB forces me to ask this question.

Hey axis_roll, I have a suggestion.

Try clicking “search” in the tool bar that has “Home, Help, Search, Profile, My messages, members, chat, logout”

Deselect the “select all” and click Global 1940 only.  Then type in some unique key word(s).  In this case, “rocket”.  Look for hits in the FAQ threads.  Note the dates/times, and then find the page with that date/time.

I’ve had fairly good luck finding stuff this way.

• Thanks Gamer. Did find Krieg’s answer there that he gave here.

• @SS:

Thanks Gamer. Did find Krieg’s answer there that he gave here.

Great!  Glad I could help

• Hey guys got another question about Rockets.

Can you fire rockets and then move the AA gun in non-combat?

Thanks  :-)

• No.  Fire or move, take your pick.

Page 21:
    Phase 5: Noncombat move
    In this phase, you can move any of your units that did not move in the Combat Move phase or participate in combat during your turn.

Your AA gun participated in combat if it fired.

• '10

I know the answer to this question, but I need it resolved for a tourny game I am playing in:

_4 allies subs in sz14, 1 allied sub in sz15.  2 Japanes dds from sz34 move past sz15 to sz14 and attack the 4 subs there.  Also, a tranny from sz34 moves to sz14 and amphib assaults Balkan.  A third Japanes dd moves from sz34 to sz15 and attacks the lone allied sub there. _

Is this all legal movement and combat?  The issue is the Allied player is saying that if the Japanes attack the sub in sz15, then the movement to sz14 is not allowed, citing the rule that if subs are attacked, all naval units in in the sea zone must participate in the naval combat (page 9 in the rule book, PDF version) and if the Japanese did not attack the sub in sz15, then the move to sz14 would be allowed.

• All 3 Japanese attacks are legal.

The rule cited means that any warships in the zone AT THE END OF COMBAT MOVEMENT must participate in the attack.

The destroyers and transport traveled through Z15 in the combat movement phase, but that is irrelevant because they did not stop there.  Submarines and transports can be ignored for movement purposes.

The rule he cited just means that if you had another naval unit end its move in zone 15, it would have to participate in the naval combat in Z15.  There is no rule that says the 2 destroyers from Z34 have to stop and conduct combat in Z15.

• '10

Is anyone playing this anymore ??

• @Battling:

No

• @Gamerman01:

@Battling:

No

Yes, of course.  But the majority of attention always goes to the newest, shiniest toy (in this case, AA1914 WW1)

• '12

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

@Gamerman01:

@Battling:

No

Yes, of course.  But the majority of attention always goes to the newest, shiniest toy (in this case, AA1914 WW1)

wrong.  G40

• Kreig,

Does a player have to collect income on Phase 7, or can he choose  not too collect?
    We are playing triple AAA.

• @indignation:

Kreig,

Does a player have to collect income on Phase 7, or can he choose  not too collect?

You must collect all income due you, including NO’s (if you’re playing with NO’s) - it is not an option.

• @Gamerman01:

@indignation:

Kreig,

You must collect all income due you, including NO’s (if you’re playing with NO’s) - it is not an option.

Of course, assuming that you CAN collect income.  By this, I mean that you own your capital.  If your capital is in enemy hands, you can not collect income.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m