• One that is more consistent with the Global 2nd edition rule set? Ideally these games would be self-consistent with as many core rules the same as possible, but that build on the simpler versions.

Maybe there is one in the works, but likely will be a few years before it is released.

• I hope not since I just bought the reprint. Give me five years at least!

• @Booper:

One that is more consistent with the Global 2nd edition rule set? Ideally these games would be self-consistent with as many core rules the same as possible, but that build on the simpler versions.

Maybe there is one in the works, but likely will be a few years before it is released.

I would argue that the rules re-write to merge the Anniversary map and pieces with the Global 2nd Edition rule set is not coming any time soon. That said, taking the Anniversary map, game pieces, tech rules, and National Objectives and melding them into the rule set for 1942, Second Edition would likely get you very close to this…

-Midnight_Reaper

• Barring the set up, of course.

• There may not be any official 2nd edition coming anytime soon (if ever) – but if the idea is to make its rules more consistent with Global 2nd edition, players can always devise their own house rules to do so.  The rules are the easiest part of an A&A game to change, since all that requires is a word processor.  The game map is the hardest part to change (though some players have produced their own maps).  The sculpts and the auxiliary equipment (like poker chips and income tracking charts) are at the fairly-easy-to-change end of the scale, since they can be imported from other A&A games or purchased from suppliers such as HBG.

• @Booper:

One that is more consistent with the Global 2nd edition rule set? Ideally these games would be self-consistent with as many core rules the same as possible, but that build on the simpler versions.

Need and want are two different things… do we “need” AA50 2ndEd? Not really… do we “want” AA50 2ndEd? Maybe…

As others have stated, since it’s really mostly just a rules difference, if you’re really wanting it that bad, by all means, house-rule it in… nothing can stop you but yourself… perhaps the biggest rules difference is AAA and perhaps some unit costs.

As for WotC and/or AH making the “official” release of AA50 2ndEd… I’d dare say you’ll become a very old hermit waiting for that to happen, especially since some 9 years after the release AA50, they came out with little more than a reprint (though I and others were glad for a reprint)… if they wanted to do a AA50 rules rewrite, they just missed the boat, and it’d probably be another 10 years or so before they were to get the itch to do it again (if ever).

• Agreed, need and want are different. From what I gather, they only waited about 3 years between 1942.1 and 1942.2.

It’s nice to not have to house rule too much - even using a bid implies some additional play testing would have been beneficial. But to be able to discuss strategies here, etc, requires us to have the same rules. :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m