Eastern Front Broken - $5 German tanks too powerful, income disparity a problem

• Ok if you want to know where is was received figure 25% via Murmansk Convoy, 50% from across Alaska to Soviet Far East, and 25% via Persia. I am off only a margin of about 1-2% on these figures.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I’ve approached my group about playing with the rule that for each convoy zone occupied by the axis in the atlantic, the allies get -2 to their lend lease roll.  If there are no sub’s, allies get +2

• @Imperious:

Ok if you want to know where is was received figure 25% via Murmansk Convoy, 50% from across Alaska to Soviet Far East, and 25% via Persia. I am off only a margin of about 1-2% on these figures.

Actually it might not even be a bad idea then to have lend lease placed in said territories as well. then of course abstracting this, simply by awarding the extra IPC’s is also OK.

• @Gargantua:

I’ve approached my group about playing with the rule that for each convoy zone occupied by the axis in the atlantic, the allies get -2 to their lend lease roll.   If there are no sub’s, allies get +2

I’d include something for Persia (e.g. -1 if Axis controlled) and the Soviet Far East (e.g. -2 if Axis controlled) as well.

• @Gargantua:

I’ve approached my group about playing with the rule that for each convoy zone occupied by the axis in the atlantic, the allies get -2 to their lend lease roll.   If there are no sub’s, allies get +2

Rather than subs, surface warships might also be taken into the equasion. For good reason the Brits also feared the Bismarck (-;

So far most conditions favor the Axis. perhaps also a +1 to each die roll could be given for: Norwegian Convoy route is free of German warships; there are less than 5 German warships/subs in the Atlantic (+1) and Persia is Allied controlled (+1). So +1’s for the Allies; -2 for the Axis.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Play Test Notes

• Lend Lease rule was fun! And worked well for both sides.

• Russian infantry bonus was paramount to it’s survival to mid term of game, although Russia still faced defeat. The knowledge for the future is to put complex’s down early, for the late game infantry mash!

• Russian infantry boost in Novisibirsk really helped China against Japan!  This is needed.

• @Gargantua:

Play Test Notes

• Lend Lease rule was fun! And worked well for both sides.

• Russian infantry bonus was paramount to it’s survival to mid term of game, although Russia still faced defeat. The knowledge for the future is to put complex’s down early, for the late game infantry mash!

• Russian infantry boost in Novisibirsk really helped China against Japan!  This is needed.

Which exact lend-lease rule did you use?

• Wanting to get into Global 39 but personally never played it but have plenty of experience with global 40 so this may not work, but how about you just give Germany (or possibly the whole Axis) a cap on the amount of industrial units it can make (I.E. Tanks) to give a better representation of lower industrial capacity while not making tanks to expensive, Idk proper cap amount to suggest though :p

P.S. Russia effectively owned Mongolia as a satellite state and Britain/Russia launched an invasion of Iran in which Russia got the northern half

• Gar and Koba what changes have you made to game? Going to do a game in 2 a week.

• @Gargantua:

Our group has had VERY bad luck with lend lease.

3 out of 4 attempts have put the money in Axis hands.

1 out of 4 only 20% of the IPC’s got through.

I know that our results have been flukey, but it’s VERY unappealling! LOL.

OK

@Gargantua:

I’ve approached my group about playing with the rule that for each convoy zone occupied by the axis in the atlantic, the allies get -2 to their lend lease roll.  If there are no sub’s, allies get +2

Wouldn’t that make the problem worse?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m