HBG's Amerika Game ON KICKSTARTER NOW - FUNDED!

• '17

Well, it’s over, and by God, we did it big.  LOTS of bonus pieces.  Wow, can’t wait.

Thanks to anyone, everyone, whom helped with this.

• $47,936
    pledged of $27,250 goal

• Customizer

Yeah, isn’t that just GREAT!!  Big props to Mike and Doug for adding the last 3 new sculpts to the 47,5 goal.  They have been really generous with the stretch goals in these last few days.

Now I almost can’t wait until May when we get to see the finished product.

• Kudos to HBG  !

• I am happy for you all. I wanted to give 80$, but did not know how the shipping and taxes would have worked out for me here in England.
    I know I will get a worse deal, but I think I am probably going to buy one when it goes on sale, despite not being that bothered at first.
    You lot spread enthusiasm and I am sorry I missed out.

• Any idea when the game will be released to the masses?

• after you answer the question of when we can buy it can you answer the question: what in the blue hell is kickerstarter? and why does it need funding?

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@P-Unit:

Any idea when the game will be released to the masses?

We should have the game being delivered to Backers around May. Retail available around June or so then. We will be setting up a pre-order system as well at HBG but it will cost more than the KS folks paid. We’ll keep you updated.

@Yavid:

after you answer the question of when we can buy it can you answer the question: what in the blue hell is kickerstarter? and why does it need funding?

Kickstarter is a crowd-funding site that allows us to essentially take pre-orders for a game we want to produce to ensure we meet our BEP. If we don’t collect enough money, nobody pays. If we do, everybody who backs us gets cool stuff. Check it out:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/859357440/amerika-board-game-reboot-ww2-alternate-history

• I just read tonight about how Larry is thinking of putting something up on Kickstarter to see if there’s an interest

I can’t wait :lol: I do love the idea of doing a Civil War game…That period has always fascinated me! I’ll probably do it one of these days. In the mean time my attention and focus is on the Roman Empire.

GTO http://www.gametableonline.com/ will be featuring my Conquest of the Empire game. I’m seriously considering publishing my own brand new and updated board game version of this old classic. I’ve got some great ideas for this game. Perhaps I’ll put it on Kickstarter to see if there’s any real interest in such a product. If that worked perhaps I could start publishing my own stuff. Interesting.
    LH

There’s the whole comment from Larry it’s on his site here’s the link to the conversation:
    http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18451

• Customizer

Here’s the real thread:

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=9

Also, add in something like this:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/494/ave-caesar

to vary the gameplay

and an Eastern expansion for more scenarios and 8 player games

• The attack on America comes true, our homes are in danger

101our_homes_in_danger.jpg

• @Razor:

The attack on America comes true, our homes are in danger

Great poster.  I feel like rushing out to buy war bonds!

Yeah, cool find. Part of the inspiration behind the game I suppose.

• I miss the Canadian player

• @Razor:

I miss the Canadian player

Suggestion for sculp for the Canadian player

10689555_10152752862764170_203726008885737365_n.jpg

• Customizer

I just checked out the latest Kickstarter update from HBG. Great pictures of the box and components. The outer box, storage boxes, game cards, roundels and map all look absolutely fantastic. Very professional job too. I will love to see this game on the shelves at my local game shop. Excellent job Coach and Variable!!

By the way Coach, do you know if Hobbytown USA here in Wichita will be stocking AMERIKA?

• Customizer

Maybe if this does well an alternative scenario with a global map and the USSR as a 4th power:

Set in the same period, but the 4 power blocks have fought each other to a standstill. Germany would have expanded to swallow eastern Europe and north Africa, and much of the middle east. Japan will have completed the occupation of China, and maybe driven through India to meet Germany in Persia. USA & what remains of the UK’s empire is merged into a single power controlled from Washington. The Soviet government has moved from threatened Moscow to the relative safety of the Urals.

The idea would be that as a result of primitive nuclear weapons and economies devastated by war, power are no longer able to manufacture and maintain advanced weapons. What you start with in terms of bombers, jest, battleships and so on is what you get - nobody has the capacity to build any more. After a few turns you will no longer be able to maintain complicated machinery, and the units will become redundant. That’s when the new cavalry and archer units come into their own…

• Customizer

So you are suggesting a 20th century world war using 16th century weapons? This reminds me of a quote which I think was from Albert Einstein. “I don’t know how they will fight WWIII, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

• @knp7765:

So you are suggesting a 20th century world war using 16th century weapons? This reminds me of a quote which I think was from Albert Einstein. “I don’t know how they will fight WWIII, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

It also sounds a bit like the multi-decade war shown in the 1936 sci-fi film Things to Come.  WWII (predicted by H.G. Wells) breaks out in 1940 and is initially fought with late-1930s vintage weapons.  As the years and decades go by, it is fought with increasingly sophisticated weapons (including streamlined Art Deco tanks), but eventually civilization collapses under the strain.  By the 1970s, fur-clad local warlords are fighting each other in a plethora of localized conflicts, their “troops” consisting of ragtag rabbles armed with rifles and mounted on horseback.  The local population is kept informed of developments by means of communiques written in chalk on a large blackboard in the ruins of what used to be a public square.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m