• Personally, I don’t find ANZAC’s presence that troubling, but one interesting house rule for those that do (from the recent “Redesign” thread) is to restructure UK into two powers, as follows: (2) UK Commonwealth nations (ANZAC, South Africa and Canada (excluding Newfoundland for historical reasons) with its capital Ontario); and (3) UK and its Colonies (everything else)).

food for thought. . .

• Sponsor

Gamerman,

I really like a lot of the ideas in your variant, keep up the good work and let me know when you’re close to finished (would like to playtest it).

• Thanks, I’m busy qualifying for next year’s playoffs and playing a long league championship game, and then I’ll probably be playing the NEXT year’s playoff game, but it’ll be coming.

I just want it to be there when interest in 2nd edition starts waning - when people are getting tired of it - and it looks like that’s gonna be awhile

It will be changed (improved!) significantly when I get back to it, because of what I’ve learned from playing this year

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

Since this thread has been hijacked to discuss NO and how to avoid bids I am offering my two cents here. How about keeping it simple? If a capital falls the money is lost. Meaning, no +19 money for Germany to spend G2. Likewise, if/when Moscow falls, no money. same for Japan when India falls. Drawback is it makes sea lion less likely.  But London must still be careful and not spend too much in the ME,  UK1. Thoughts?

• @oysteilo:

Since this thread has been hijacked to discuss NO and how to avoid bids I am offering my two cents here. How about keeping it simple? If a capital falls the money is lost. Meaning, no +19 money for Germany to spend G2. Likewise, if/when Moscow falls, no money. same for Japan when India falls. Drawback is it makes sea lion less likely.  But London must still be careful and not spend too much in the ME,  UK1. Thoughts?

Making Sealion less likely is fine for me personally, since Germany never had a chance of succeeding at it historically.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@oysteilo:

Making Sealion less likely is fine for me personally, since Germany never had a chance of succeeding at it historically.

I don’t know how others feel and think about this idea,
    BUT I want to be rewarded when I take a capitol.
    It cost me blood and sweat to capture it!

Historically:
    If I am the invader, I keep what i find.
    Unless I am told that it is forbidden.

• I know this is going down the house rule rabbit hole, but……

I think the plunder of a capital is an out dated rule and should be tweaked. Something like take a capital get a one time 15 ipc bonus regardless of what that power had in their bank. The power losing the capital forfeits all income back to the bank. You only get it once not multiple times so that the territory can now be dead zoned or traded w/o giving the opponent extra ipcs every time he takes it back.

While we are on the subject I also think the NOs that deal w/VCs (that are not capitals) should be a one time 10 IPC objective and all VC should be included (Sidney and Calcutta would be treated like a VC not a capital).

The other NOs that you have to do something to maintain or hold multiple territories should still be given every round that you have it.

Just my 2 cents

• Getting the money when taking a capital is as old as A&A itself, so what, about 35 years?

It’s as A&A as infantry defending on a 2, and purchase, combat movement, combat dice, non-combat movement, place units, collect money.  You want to change any of those things too?  :wink:

I’m just keeping you honest…. those are good ideas you have  :-)

• “Getting the money when taking a capital” - no reason to throw out this rule, imo.

However, I agree that plunder should only occur the first time a capital is taken. That seems like a no brainer.

• @Gamerman01:

Getting the money when taking a capital is as old as A&A itself, so what, about 35 years?

Never a good reason if it’s the only reason.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m