• I have been having problems in a thread I created in the global 2nd edition category with a member by the name of Cow that is intentionally spamming and derailing the thread. He’s also sent insults to me personally via private message. I’ve reported at least a dozen of his posts to the moderators over the last 5 days with no results. What is the problem? Is this site no longer being moderated? The last activity from any of the mods was 8 months ago…how is that acceptable?

Can anyone clarify things for me…

• Founder TripleA Admin

Can you provide a link to the thread? Thanks.

• TripleA

I will remove the bulk of my posts from the thread. I just wanted the thread moved, house rules or general discussion.

• @Cow:

I will remove the bulk of my posts from the thread. I just wanted the thread moved, house rules or general discussion.

Still waiting…

• Founder TripleA Admin

Cow has 24 hours to clean it up.

As for the thread, Cow was right, it doesn’t really belong in the Global forum. That, however, does not excuse his behavior.

• @djensen:

Cow has 24 hours to clean it up.

As for the thread, Cow was right, it doesn’t really belong in the Global forum. That, however, does not excuse his behavior.

Should it be moved then? It started as a discussion about using global as a training tool then morphed into what it is now…perhaps it would get more feedback in general discussion anyways…

• Alot of the time threads appear in the wrong area because people think if they posted it in the proper location, nobody would reply. Truth is when they post it in the wrong areas even fewer people reply. Second, i know that id like to have and have complained about threads being in the wrong place and asked to move it, and mostly it does not get moved. The consequence of this eventually is people doing what Cow did out of no management of the threads are going on for about 2 years.

Lastly, we never settled how mods work. All that discussion was wasted if ever it had any purpose other than a tactic.

• Founder TripleA Admin

This is not the place that that conversation.

• Perhaps I should just start a new thread altogether then.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Don’t let the mods out -{Woof, woof, woof, woof}

• Sponsor

I once asked for house rule topics to be removed from the Global forum and a couple did at first by GG, but then there was no more answers to my many requests as more and more were created. Then there was that whole thing which took away our power to clean up after ourselves and remove our own threads, which hurt the site IMO.

Now I just create house rule threads in the Global forum like everyone else, not because I want more people to comment on my topic, but because I want to get involved with the discussions of others even if it makes me look like a hypocrite. We all know that house rule topics belong in the house rule forums, but without the power to delete our own topics and all the moderators turning the other cheek (or worst yet, not visiting the site at all), I ask this…

Who Are the moderators?
    What makes them qualified?
    Which ones are active?
    Which ones are not?
    What is a liaison?
    Does a liaison have the same powers as a moderator?
    Did Imperious Leader step down, or was he stripped of his moderator role… and if so why?

Is all this about who is friends with David, who joined the site first, how many posts someone has accumulated?
    …or is this about efficiently moderating this site and serving it’s members, sponsors, and patrons?

• I have only been on the site for 3 years and the only Moderator
    With which I had dealings, was GG. He was a very fair and impartial judge. I am sad to see that he has not posted this year And sincerely hope he is not unwell or worse.

YG, I think there is so much work involved in moderating this site, that it can prove tiresome and too much work. For the most part, I think the decent people here can stick up for the bullied ones and speak out against those that infringe. Failing that, not communicate(post, react) with those that bully or overstep the line.

I am fortunate enough not to have raised anyone’s ire here, otherwise perhaps I would have left this wonderful site long ago. We do not want anyone leaving, who can learn or contribute, so must all do our upmost to stand up against injustices.
    We can all disagree, but rudeness and incivility is not what we  want amongst us.
    After all, we all Share a common love of one game.

• I have had no issues with any of the mods here, all very good folks.

• @Gargantua:

Don’t let the mods out -{Woof, woof, woof, woof}

you are always good for a laugh Garg!!  :lol: Was in between some G40 games and happened upon the now boring GD area, and luckily you “chimed in”. Thanks for that.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m