• Founder TripleA Admin

There is one forum section for each of the games. If we follow the same pattern, we’re going to be adding 3 more forum sections. It’s getting a little out of hand.

Surprisingly, even the old forums have activity.

Any ideas?

• Perhaps a technique similar to the Child Boards for Anniversary could be used to place some of the sections into subcategories rather than on the front page.  If so, the next question would be to figure out which sections should stay on the front page and which ones get placed into a subcategory.  I imagine that, at minumum, games currently in print should be on the front page.

• “retire” old games and make them Child boards, keeping the new cadre of games as they are.

You can put all the “campaign” games into one section with child boards listing them individually ( Bulge, D-day, Guadalcanal)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I think you could condense everything into a few categories.

Base Game (Classic)
    To include Classic, Revised, 1942, 1942 SE.

Europe 1999, and Pacific 2000 (Could put this as a sub under classic)

Europe, Pacific, Global 1940

Expansions
    D-Day, Guadalcanal, BOTB, etc

Mini’s categories condensed per instruction from Deaths Head 420

• If Europe/Pacific/Global1940 second edition games really are “only” reprints with Alpha3 rules - then I think there is no need for new subforums for these editions. Because everything that covers the development of the rules up to their current status is already inside.

If they turn out to be different games (such as Spring 1942 and 1942 se) seperate forum sections of course would be good.

• Customizer

How about these 3 categories:

Global (the whole world)
    Child Boards: Classic, Revised, AA50, Spring 1942, 1942 SE, 1941, Global 1940

Theater (Pacific, and/or Europe)
    Child Boards: Classic Europe, Classic Pacific, Pacific 1940, Europe 1940

Local (Guadalcanal, D-Day, etc)
    Child Boards: D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, Guadalcanal

Or alternatives:

Have sections for all the main & popular new games:
    1942 SE
    Global 1940 SE
    Europe 1940 SE
    Pacific 1940 SE
    AA 50th

Then have a section for all the old games, with each as a child:
    Classic, Revised, Guadalcanal, etc

• @Veqryn:

How about these 3 categories:

Global (the whole world)
    Child Boards: Classic, Revised, AA50, Spring 1942, 1942 SE, 1941, Global 1940

Theater (Pacific, and/or Europe)
    Child Boards: Classic Europe, Classic Pacific, Pacific 1940, Europe 1940

Local (Guadalcanal, D-Day, etc)
    Child Boards: D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, Guadalcanal

Or alternatives:

Have sections for all the main & popular new games:
    1942 SE
    Global 1940 SE
    Europe 1940 SE
    Pacific 1940 SE
    AA 50th

Then have a section for all the old games, with each as a child:
    Classic, Revised, Guadalcanal, etc

I like Veqryn’s first idea of how to group boards together. That would make the most sense in terms of category and subject. And you go from the larger objective of “Take over the world!” to the smaller objective of “Capture Antwerp/Caen/Henderson Airfield in under 10 rounds”. Hope that makes sense.

• I think Veq’s idea is superb with only on suggestion…

Instead of the word Global (because there are several “Global” named games already) use a different word…

Like Whole World, or something like that.

• Customizer

I think adding sections is fine. there are plenty of folks who don’t have any idea how large the A&A universe is, having all of the forum categories lets people new to A&A explore the franchise.

• Yea leave it the way it is.

Perhaps the non-global games could be in one section with independent child boards. All of them together gather the same traffic as one global version of the game

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I OPPOSE.

David’s on the right track with his thoughts, there are way too many sections, and it just keeps growing.

At the very LEAST, combine the first and second editions of a game into one section.

• Sponsor

@P@nther:

If Europe/Pacific/Global1940 second edition games really are “only” reprints with Alpha3 rules - then I think there is no need for new subforums for these editions. Because everything that covers the development of the rules up to their current status is already inside.

If they turn out to be different games (such as Spring 1942 and 1942 se) seperate forum sections of course would be good.

I agree, plus I only play Global and prefer it’s own forum, also, it’s a completly different game than E&P 1940, and the most complex edition in the A&A franchise.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m