• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Okay, fine, it’s not the end of the world, the Mayan, Hopi (sp?) Hindu and other calendars cycle to the next phase or reset back to zero, etc.  But still, that’s kinda cool, how many times you gunna see the Mayan calendar reset in your life???

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

People in Australia say that it didn’t happen there. And that’s probably for the best. The apocalypse can really ruin your day.

• 3:11 pm Pac time

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

It’s 3:32 Pacific time?!

What does it mean?

@Cromwell_Dude:

How soon will it be till the next end-of-the-year doomsday event?

According to the Doomsday Channel (formerly known as the History Channel) the next apocolypes is due in 2060.  So if you plan to live that long, watch out!  You might have more doomsday specials and people running around crying the sky is falling!

• All the counsel you have received has only worn you out! Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you…there is not one that can save you.

• @Cmdr:

@Cromwell_Dude:

According to the Doomsday Channel (formerly known as the History Channel) the next apocolypes is due in 2060.  So if you plan to live that long, watch out!  You might have more doomsday specials and people running around crying the sky is falling!

I heard 2016

• According to Star Trek, WWIII happens in 2026.  Something to look forward too!  :evil:

• Yes and after 2016, they change it to 2022, then when that passes it goes to 2025, 2032, etc.

It never ends as long as quacks can publish books to peddle and weak minded types follow this.

@empireman:

@Cmdr:

@Cromwell_Dude:

I heard 2016

Really?  From where? I love doomsday predictions!  They make me happy, because I know one thing for a fact!  No matter what they say, it will NOT be that day!  “…like a thief in the night” strikes me as “when you least expect it” and if they say it’s on Tuesday, I know it’s not on Tuesday!

• @Cmdr:

@empireman:

@Cmdr:

@Cromwell_Dude:

I heard 2016

Really?  From where? I love doomsday predictions!  They make me happy, because I know one thing for a fact!  No matter what they say, it will NOT be that day!  “…like a thief in the night” strikes me as “when you least expect it” and if they say it’s on Tuesday, I know it’s not on Tuesday!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

Heres all the failed and future predicted ones.
    The last 3 are just wierd. 10,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000,­000 A.D.? yeah right….

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '13 '12

They did predict the end of Twinkies.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Various scientists

The end of our Sun’s current phase of development, after which it will swell into a red giant, either swallowing the Earth or at least completely scorching it. It is widely accepted by the scientific community that the earth will be destroyed around this time. However, as the Sun grows gradually hotter (over millions of years), the Earth may become too hot for life in only a billion years’ time.

Well that doesn’t seem unreasonable?

I’ve just got to live another 4.9 billion years or so to see it.

• @hkytown1:

They did predict the end of Twinkies.

That was Horrible. :cry:

@Gargantua:

Various scientists

The end of our Sun’s current phase of development, after which it will swell into a red giant, either swallowing the Earth or at least completely scorching it. It is widely accepted by the scientific community that the earth will be destroyed around this time. However, as the Sun grows gradually hotter (over millions of years), the Earth may become too hot for life in only a billion years’ time.

Well that doesn’t seem unreasonable?

I’ve just got to live another 4.9 billion years or so to see it.

LOL yeah thats what i thought

Considering I plan to live forever (or die trying!) I will see the sun go supernova!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m