LHoffman's Painted Sculpts For Your Consideration

• Very nice Hoffman.

• Very nice done! You got yourself a project there i see  :wink: it is fun to paint one of each unit… but to paint 12 of the same or 20 is not as much fun :D but i hope you keep up the good work and the detailing!

(as to if bismarck did have yellow turret tops or not can only the crew tell i guess, but according to this website which i had as ref. she did not have yellow tops. http://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/paint_schemes/paintbism1941.html. you can also find good pictures of other german ships there)

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Swedo:

(as to if bismarck did have yellow turret tops or not can only the crew tell i guess, but according to this website which i had as ref. she did not have yellow tops. http://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/paint_schemes/paintbism1941.html. you can also find good pictures of other german ships there)

Yes, this was the website I came upon also. The author made a convincing case that Bismarck didn’t have colored turrets, which is why I trew in the disclaimer. I would think it unlikely that any crew of Bismarck live today, but this is a question I’d ask if I met one. Fortunately, ich spreche ein bisschen deutsch.

@wittmann:

Very nice Hoffman.

Danke mein Herr.

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

Sehr sehr shon Herr Hoffman.

Sie muss mehr machen.

@koba:

Sehr sehr shon Herr Hoffman.

Sie muss mehr machen.

Thanks. They are in the works. Stay tuned.

• Hoffman, extremely nice work!  Love all the detail. Look forward to seeing more stuff in the near future.

@Maofator:

Hoffman, extremely nice work!  Love all the detail. Look forward to seeing more stuff in the near future.

Yes, my apologies to everyone for the delays. Haven’t had much time to work on them lately.

I do have 3 which are finished and I will put them up this evening.

Again, apologies for the wait, but here are a few new ones.

B-17 and F6F. (I realize it is difficult to tell the color, but the B-17 is olive green)

B-17.JPG
    B-17 and F6F.JPG

With reference F6F. I rather liked this paint scheme for the Hellcat.

B-17 and F6F side.JPG
    f6f-3.jpg

F6F and carrier for reference. Again, this is very likely not my final US carrier design.

F6F on Carrier.JPG

Here is my first attempt at infantry. It went better than expected, I do believe. Obviously, US infantry. I very much liked Allworkandnoclay’s infantry paint scheme with the roundels painted on the base, so I decided to do the same. Even though the US roundel is one of the simplest in terms of shapes, it was still quite difficult to paint correctly. Hopefully it becomes easier in the future. I also wanted to use deeper colors than are found on the game roundels; just a personal preference. Darker colors make them look a little more aged I guess. The face still need some work, and will be attended to more carefully in the future. I would like to do some different uniform schemes like Allwork has done also.

Currently working on a Tiger tank from the new 1941 game. Hopefully will be up sometime next week.

US Infantry Front.JPG
    US Infantry Back.JPG

• Nice work! finally some new pictures! Oh man, that infantry scares the shit out of me! Did freddy Krueger fight in ww2?  :-P

• Here is my first attempt at infantry.

Jesus….you might want to make more “first attempts” at things. It looks the best I’ve seen. That naval fighter from the marine set from HBG?

• '12

Great job. everything looks awesome

@Imperious:

Jesus….you might want to make more “first attempts” at things. It looks the best I’ve seen. That naval fighter from the marine set from HBG?

Thanks IL.

No, the F6F is OOB from Guadalcanal.

I do have some Corsairs from the HBG Marine set, which I will be painting eventually.

@Swedo:

Nice work! finally some new pictures! Oh man, that infantry scares the ���� out of me! Did freddy Krueger fight in ww2?  :-P

Haha yeah… that’s what I mean by needing some touching up on the face.

• LHoffman, as you are just starting your infantry I’d like to offer you a suggestion to consider. From personal experience in painting infantry units I know how time consuming the process is, and how you want to have the best results possible. I’ve painted OOB, HBG, and 1/72 scale model infantry.  In my opinion I prefer the 1/72 scale infantry. They are better molded for that spacific purpose. The others aren’t exactly designed with painting in mind.  The model infantry have much better detail and are better proportioned as well.

With that in mind I’ve gone through several manufactures of model units to find the best combination of plastic consistency, and best over-all unit appearance.  I feel like the Ceasar units offer the best product. You can go to to see pictures, read reviews, and see actual size of units:

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/PeriodList.aspx?period=1

The down side to these units are they don’t have the circular base which allows you paint the roundel (which does look awesome). You’ll spend more money on units.  Also you will have various poses which some people won’t like, but I think looks pretty cool.

Like I said, just something to consider. Some people aren’t aware these exist, and are easily purchased online if you don’t have a local hobbie store that carries them in your area.

• Customizer

LHoffman,

Like I’ve said before your work is Fantastic! I especially like your STRAIGHT lines, like on the carrier deck. Wow!

@LHoffman:

I very much liked Allworkandnoclay’s infantry paint scheme with the roundels painted on the base, so I decided to do the same. I would like to do some different uniform schemes like Allwork has done also.

I, too, am a BIG fan of Allworkandnoclay and his idea of painting the national ensigns on the bases of Infantry units. That’s why I’ve had him painting all of my Infantry units first. I also had him do some “special” jobs, like my Calcutta-based British Infantry. I had him paint Union Jack flags on their bases to differentiate them from the London-based British. I call them “Jacks”. Just thought I’d share some pics with you.

I’ve also had him paint some “Special Forces” units like “U.S. Marine Raiders”, several U.S. Army Paratrooper units, etc. Hope you enjoy them.

“Tall Paul”

uk_inf_jack.jpg

@Maofator:

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/PeriodList.aspx?period=1

Hey thanks a lot! These are really cool! I know the OOB units are not designed for painting and are very difficult to do accurately. And while I have looked into alternate unit pieces I have not done so for infantry, but I am really considering it now. Depending on the model type, I could probably still paint roundels on the bases, which isn’t a big deal. I’d really like it if the infantry could fit on the chips as they do with OOB pieces.

I will have to do some more looking, but thank you very much Maofactor for the suggestions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m