Preview Copies of 1940 Second Edition Arrived

• @wittmann:

I think Alpha3 was only 1 Inf .
    Krieg said to make it 2, if you played Europe only, because you then omit the 2 Anzac.

Look at

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6149

It says: “Egypt: 2 Infantry, 1 Mechanized Infantry, 1 Artillery, Naval Base” for UK-Setup and 2 ANZAC Inf.

Now it is, according to djensen in

http://www.axisandallies.org/p/whats-new-in-axis-allies-pacific-1940-and-europe-1940-second-editions/

“Egypt: 2 ANZAC infantry and remove 1 UK infantry”

The initial startup for UK-Infantry in Egypt is 2 according to the new Europe setup charts.

So for Global startup it is one UK Inf remaining in Egypt.

Pretty clear - as I think.

… although I am not sure if this was intended - because this seems to be the only change in the setup compared to the latest Alpha3 …

• Did not think you would make a mistake Panther. I downloaded Alpha 3 in Jan 12, after you guys pointed me that way. That version says one Inf.
    Will look at the link later. (Even I sometimes have other work responsibilities!)
    Thank you.

• @wittmann:

(Even I sometimes have other work responsibilities!)

:lol: I know what you mean…  :lol:
    I’m glad having a day off today, so I have the time to read and compare… (at least this morning)
    :-)

• I see now. I had downloaded Com Jennifer’s Alpha 3 Thread posted on 12th Oct 2011.
    Will get Europe next week and all will be rosy!

• Customizer

I noticed one change on the Pacific map. 1st Edition “British Columbia” and “Yukon Territory” with Canadian roundels have been merged into 2nd Ed “Western Canada” with a UK roundel. Definitely wont matter in 99.99998% of games but nevertheless it is a change.

• In the name of all that is good and holy……why did they put a UK symbol in Western Canada.
    What ever happened to being CONSISTENT?

Now I have to use my old boards with the new pieces…

• Anyone noticed any other differences (except Egypt setup and Western Canada) so far?

• @oztea:

In the name of all that is good and holy……why did they put a UK symbol in Western Canada.
    What ever happened to being CONSISTENT?

Now I have to use my old boards with the new pieces…

Good question, because the income (1 IPC) from what is now Western Canada (merged Yukon & British Columbia) didn’t change, and still goes to UK Europe right. I don’t see much of an impact from a game stand point from the merger of these two Canadian territories, but it will probably PO a few Canadians on the boards losing a territory, and the identity roundels LOL.

Looks like the line separating sz5, and sz 6 was redefined and lines up better with the borders of Korea & Amur.

Kinda disappointed that they didn’t make the edges of the map line up better in the US. Thought they might have taken this opportunity to re-draw the US Pac side to match up with the US Euro side better and have the sea zones also line up from edge to edge too. I would have purchased Pac40 2nd edition for sure if this was done, probably won’t now.

It will be nice to download/print the setup cards (now), and the new rulebook (Alpha) when it is made available. Will be nice to have it all in one booklet and organized, instead of my ever changing crossed off, and added here & there pieced together set-ups and Alpha rules  :roll:

I am most interested in changes to the NO’s. The Russian spread of Communism to be exact, was it tweaked maybe to only include territories in Europe and the Mid East, or maybe to not include 0 IPC territories?  Are there any changes to the NOs from the last Alpha posted on Larry’s site?

djensen, when you have time, please post the NO’s that are used for Global 2nd edition.

Thanks Wild Bill

• It looks like the territory of Korea is included in the Soviet/Japanese Non Aggression Pact - rules now.

• Does the National Production chart really only go to 40 on both sides?

• @McMan:

Does the National Production chart really only go to 40 on both sides?

Yes. Just use a second marker to add if needed.

• @P@nther:

It looks like the territory of Korea is included in the Soviet/Japanese Non Aggression Pact - rules now.

I like that, it makes sense

• Customizer

@P@nther:

@McMan:

Does the National Production chart really only go to 40 on both sides?

Yes. Just use a second marker to add if needed.

Or don’t use the one on the board at all, build one from a cookie sheet and some magnets!

IMG_1601.JPG

• TripleA

I am not sure why the allies are losing an inf in egypt… the allies suck, you would think they would get a buff somewhere for global.

• They don’t lose an INF.
    They lose a UK INF for +2 ANZAC INF

So they actually gain one.

• TripleA

so the global setup is the same as alpha 3 then.

• Sponsor

Would somebody please tell me what the hell is going on in here? I don’t care about the individual games of Europe & Pacific, we are in the 1940 Global thread, just tell me the set up in Egypt for GLOBAL. Is there or is there not a fighter removed on EUS, and do the Americans start with minors or majors to begin the game?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Have you seen the new Concentration camp piece? They’re all over Germany…

WTH are they good for? :P

• @oztea:

They don’t lose an INF.
    They lose a UK INF for +2 ANZAC INF

So they actually gain one.

Compared to latest Alpha UK looses 1 Inf in the global setup
    according to
    http://www.axisandallies.org/p/whats-new-in-axis-allies-pacific-1940-and-europe-1940-second-editions/

djensen wrote:

"Setup

In addition to the normal setup, add the following. …
    Amur: 6 Soviet infantry
    Sakha: 6 Soviet infantry and 2 Soviet AAA
    Buryatia: 6 Soviet infantry
    Egypt: 2 ANZAC infantry and remove 1 UK infantry"

So that sums up to:

Egypt in Global 2ndEd:

• UK: 1 Infantry (2-1), 1 Mechanized Infantry, 1 Artillery, Naval Base
    • Anzac: 2 Infantry

compared to

Egypt in latest Alpha 3:

• UK: 2 Infantry, 1 Mechanized Infantry, 1 Artillery, Naval Base
    • Anzac: 2 Infantry

• @Young:

…Is there or is there not a fighter removed on EUS, and do the Americans start with minors or majors to begin the game?

The fighter is still there - and US start with minors, too.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m