• '10

Hey Doze, think about using your oil pump tokens to represent oil wells. Each well produces x number barrels of oil. X number barrels of oil required to do all your operations per round. It would have to vary according to the size of your military.

• @Fishmoto37:

Hey Doze, think about using your oil pump tokens to represent oil wells. Each well produces x number barrels of oil. X number barrels of oil required to do all your operations per round. It would have to vary according to the size of your military.

I already thought of that using the HBG oil roundles but I will maybe do that in Summer vacations but for now let me just finish printing and testing the oil pump and bunker counters

• @12doze12:

OK, I think that would do it, Thanks gamegeek.

You’re welcome.  I just looked at the rules for oil tokens you had there and it boggled my mind.  Nobody in their right mind would bother!  lol.
    At least with what I have proposed there MAY be some interest, but even then I personally wouldn’t buy them as I’d rather put those IPC’s towards combat units.

• '10

Oil rules need to be where the oil is required to keep operating your military.

• Each unit built should cost a number of oil tokens: Hence you cant just buy a bunch of battleships to sail around the world, you need fuel

every ten IPC worth of land units built cost 1 oil token

every ten IPC worth of air units cost 2 oil tokens

every ten IPC worth of naval units cost 3 oil tokens

each oil token must be bought before and can be bombed like a factory.

fractions are rounded up, so if you buy 11 IPC worth of land units you spent 2 OIL tokens

Thats battleship will cost you 6 oil tokens to make, so it really costs 26 IPC

The game has way too many IPC and too many pieces, stuff should cost more.

an oil center token costs 3 IPC, oil tokens are chips placed under counter costing 1 IPC each.

Every time you build crap you also spend oil tokens. If the enemy bombed them you cant build any units, so protect them.

You may also steal enemy tokens by conquest.

• IL, agreed, your idea for oil tokens use and cost makes sense.  This will make a player really think about their purchases instead of as you stated just buying a bunch of Battleships and sailing the around the world.  Ships use a lot of fuel so this would make a nice variant to any game.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@WARRIOR888:

IL, agreed, your idea for oil tokens use and cost makes sense.  This will make a player really think about their purchases instead of as you stated just buying a bunch of Battleships and sailing the around the world.  Ships use a lot of fuel so this would make a nice variant to any game.

The invasion Italy game uses this concept, I believe games at the tactical level makes a great use of this.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

We may have to modify the Guadalcanal rules… :-D

• Modify Guadalcanal rules will prevent the Japanese player from sending a fleet of ships about every two turns down the slot.  I like this idea of oil for units.  No oil, no IJN or USN to attack with.

• I will buy HBG oil tokens or maybe I will do my own ones but that will be a project to began next week, Tuesday or Wednesday when my vacations begin

• So the rules for Oil wells are already defined but what about the bunker rules

I’m thinking of costing 5 and for each bunker in a territory, an infantry unit defends at 3 ( limit of 5 for each territory )

What are your thoughts ?

How about same rules as the other bases…

Cost 15
    Takes up to 6 damage points
    1 per territory
    holds number of infantry equal to damage points remaining
    Boosts inf defense to 3
    standard base AA defense against SBR

So basically, it has the same cost, defense, and hit points as a naval base or air base, but boosts up to 6 infantry’s defense to 3. If it’s SBRed for say, 3 damage, then it only boosts 3 infantry’s defense. Repairs are the standard 1 IPC.

• @Variable:

How about same rules as the other bases…

Cost 15
    Takes up to 6 damage points
    1 per territory
    holds number of infantry equal to damage points remaining
    Boosts inf defense to 3
    standard base AA defense against SBR

So basically, it has the same cost, defense, and hit points as a naval base or air base, but boosts up to 6 infantry’s defense to 3. If it’s SBRed for say, 3 damage, then it only boosts 3 infantry’s defense. Repairs are the standard 1 IPC.

Yes it looks good but I think 10 or 12 IPC will be better

• Hey everyone as I promised today I’m going to begun my project of the oil rules but first of all here are the bunker rules i’m going to implement:

–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cost: 12
    Move: 0
    Attack: 0
    Defense: 0 (AA ability)

Bunkers are a defensive infrastructure that boost’s your infantry, making them defend at 3, this only work to 5 infantry units, bunker’s can take damage by bombers in strategic bombing raids.

• AT ability: The bunker also make a special roll when there is a tank in the opposite army, the bunker rolls after anyone else and you get a hit if you roll a 1.

AA ability: The bunker also has the same AA ability has any other infrastructure.

• STILL TESTING

So … back to the oil rules project, HBG no offense dude but I’m going to make my own roundels for oil and I will then decide if I’m going to buy your’s or use mine’s but, still your roundels are great and I highly recommend everyone who is making their own oil rules to use them !!!

I will post more news Friday or Saturday…

Why would a bunker boost your attack? Shouldn’t it boost your defense?

• @Variable:

Why would a bunker boost your attack? Shouldn’t it boost your defense?

Yes my bad, I was wrong

• Just got my Wildcatter board game in. Those oil derricks are awesome and right size for me and you get 70 gold and 70 silver oil derricks. I’m going to use IL’s oil rules to.

• TripleA '12

Sweet. Can you post a photo please?  :-)

• go back to page 2 on this topic and look at fishmoto’s pictures. samething

• I recommend to you to visit a site on which there is a lot of information on a theme interesting you.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m