• Oil has been a very common house rule discussed. I found Burans oil house rule and that is my favorite one I’ve seen thus far, but there is one thing I don’t entirely like. There seem to be 2 main uses for oil in most of the forums.

A- you turn oil in for money. This one doesn’t totally make sense to me because oil doesn’t necessarily mean lots of money. As I look at it, Russia had a ton of oil in the war, but that didn’t mean they could build a massive air force right away, it just meant they had a lot of oil.

B- you use up X amount of oil to move as many of one branch as you want. Like X oil allows you to move your army, or your navy, or your airforce. This one doesn’t makes less sense to me because ANZAC obviously would need less oil to move it’s 3 boats than Japan would to move the entire IJN, yet with this rule, they both require the same amount of oil.

I assume I’m not alone in thinking this. There are some more specific ones I saw a while back but they were still pretty close to what I said in B. The idea of having a supply line intrigued me, as I got started in this by wanting to reflect the U-boat disruptions against convoys better, but I don’t like that the US fleet could be anywhere in the pacific and still get fuel easily just because of a supply line. Maybe that could work good, it just doesn’t seem totally realistic, however on land it would make more sense to me.

Does anybody have a good rule for how to use oil to fuel units? I’d like to stay close to the numbers involved Burans house rule and be close to historically accurate. Of course, I can’t totally accurate in regards to oil production as Baku in the Caucasus was producing like 10-15 times as much oil as Romania.

Thanks for the input. This is Burans rule is referring to-https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/topic/23944/oil-rule-s

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m