• Official Q&A

@Gamerman01:

I almost posted my argument, but then I realized it says “coastal territory”.�  I was thinking sea zone along a certain coast.

The rulebook sentence says the transports are in the coastal territory!�  That’s why I was thinking “coastal territory” was a sea zone.�  Do you see what I mean?

Yeah.  I guess it should say “one ship per land unit being offloaded from the transports into that coastal territory”.

• '12

was it the same way in aa50?  if so i have been playing it wrong for years.  this is very good to know

• '12

@Boldfresh:

was it the same way in aa50?  if so i have been playing it wrong for years.  this is very good to know

just so i have this straight, you could offload 4 units from z112 and bombard with 4 cruisers from z113 right (no bombarding ships in z112)?

• No; one Cruiser would have to be in SZ 112 if all the units were unloading from just that one SZ, then the other 3 in 113 could fire too. 
    See Krieg’s reply 3237 one page back.

• Official Q&A

@Boldfresh:

Yes.

@Boldfresh:

just so i have this straight, you could offload 4 units from z112 and bombard with 4 cruisers from z113 right (no bombarding ships in z112)?

No.  At least one transport needs to offload from sea zone 113 to enable ships there to bombard.  If one unit offloaded from 113 and three offloaded from 112, all of the cruisers would be able to bombard (assuming no sea battle in 113).

@wittmann:

No; one Cruiser would have to be in SZ 112 if all the units were unloading from just that one SZ, then the other 3 in 113 could fire too. 
    See Krieg’s reply 3237 one page back.

You’ve got it backwards.  See above.

• Thanks again Krieg and thank you for getting in before I misled Boldfresh.
    Simply stated,  to Bombard from a SZ there must be an amphibious landing from that SZ.
    Makes sense.

• '12

@wittmann:

Thanks again Krieg and thank you for getting in before I misled Boldfresh.
    Simply stated,  to Bombard from a SZ there must be an amphibious landing from that SZ.
    Makes sense.

ah that makes it crystal clear.  20 land units could unload from z112 and 1 land unit from z113 and you could have 1 cruiser bombard from Z112 and 20 cruisers bombard from Z113.

sweet, very good to know!

• @Boldfresh:

@wittmann:

Thanks again Krieg and thank you for getting in before I misled Boldfresh.
    Makes sense.

ah that makes it crystal clear.  20 land units could unload from z112 and 1 land unit from z113 and you could have 1 cruiser bombard from Z112 and 20 cruisers bombard from Z113.

sweet, very good to know!

Right, now you guys got it.

• Now the $64,000 question…
    Does TripleA do it right?  :-)

• TripleA

can china repair airbase / naval base?

• @Cow:

can china repair airbase / naval base?

You will need confirmation from Krieghund whether this is definitely correct, but I’d like to take a stab.

I think no.

Reasons:

1. China can’t buy tech, per Krieghund
    2. Page 9 of Pacific manual - “China has its own complete turn and can normally purchase only infantry, but if the Burma Road is open, it can also buy artillery.”
    3. Page 9 - “Although China’s purchases are made in the same way as the other powers, it does not have industrial complexes, or air or naval bases”. I realize it’s possible for China to control a territory with a base because only industrial complexes are destroyed (not bases), but the rulebook says they “don’t have IC’s or bases” so it stands to reason they can’t repair them.

I think I just realized there is a deeper question.

Can air or naval bases in a territory controlled by the Chinese even be used?

Edit: Yes, air and naval bases in China can be used by China and any ally.
    No, air and naval bases in China can never be repaired by China (or Allies)

• Hi Gamerman. It is definitely no to Cow’s question.
    But I too was also wondering about the repercussions.
    Bases are not destroyed. Am sure Krieg has said that, so that means they remain on the board damaged until the Japanese recapture them(if ever).
    Seems silly the Allies cannot repair and use them. Only the Japanese.
    Maybe it reflects the Chinese not wanting too much Allied help and interference in their national affairs.
    Oh well.

• Official Q&A

The Allies (including China) can use them, but China cannot repair them.

• Thanks Krieg, but if they are damaged when they are recaptured by the Allies surely they stay damaged as long as Japan does not  repair them? How can the Allies repair a base belonging to another(China) nation?
    Have we got that right?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@wittmann:

Thanks Krieg, but if they are damaged when they are recaptured by the Allies surely they stay damaged as long as Japan does not  repair them? How can the Allies repair a base belonging to another(China) nation?
    Have we got that right?

You may not.  Hence, you should be careful not to dmg property in China you may need before Japan will repair it. (Likewise, Japan should caution not to repair what they cannot hold!)

• Thanks Jen.
    Makes sense as Nations cannot lend money to  each other, so how could it be repaired by the Allies?
    Was surprised to hear the Chinese Ft could use the Base though.

• Edited previous post with the answer, to prevent confusion

Talk to Jenn for the finer points, but basically,
    Axis can bomb and damage an air or naval base in China and it will be permanently out of commission (until an Axis power takes it over and fixes it) (minimum 3 damage required, of course)

Tac bomber stock just went up, but you have to send a strat bomber to have 100% chance of disabling (if you get by the AA/interceptors)

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Do Industrial Complexes on Chinese territory get REMOVED?  or are they just -useless- ?

I’ve forgotten…

• @Gargantua:

Do Industrial Complexes on Chinese territory get REMOVED?  or are they just -useless- ?

I’ve forgotten…

removed

• can the chinese fighter attack Japanese ships off the coast?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m