• 2024 2023 '22 '21

This is the release of the Global 1940 Basic House Rules Expansion.

The purpose of the Basic Expansion is to give players a manageable approach towards the use of expansion rules.

The Basic Expansion brings a new and balanced dimension to the OOB Global 1940 game. It is easy to learn - challenging & fun to play.

Related Expansions:

1. Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion
    2. Axis & Allies Global 1943 House Rules Expansion

RULEBOOK Global 1940 Basic Expansion.pdf

Note: The RULEBOOK has been updated 3rd September 2022.

Good luck & have fun.

• @the-captain awesome, I’ve been looking forward to this

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18

Sweet ! So the only thing I’m seeing is commie conscription being different. Instead of the 26 inf when Germany attacks. That right ?

I’m pretty sure I can make a Map Option at game start for a one click setup. Should be able to do the same for '43

Be a bit. Just started another game after the USA Army group fix : )

• 2024 2023 '22 '21

@barnee
    There are 3 differences in the rules & units included in Basic Expansion vs. Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion

1. The Waffen-SS infantry unit costs 2 IPC in the Basic Expansion. This cost is reduced to 1 IPC in the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion, due to the multiple Waffen-SS units that come into play.

2. Red Army Conscription: In the Basic Expansion USSR can produce a maximum of 12 infantry units each at a cost of 2 IPC, whereas this number is increased to 26 infantry units in the
      Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion

3. Advanced Production Capacity: Only 4 Nations recieve extra IPC in the Basic Expansion. The Advanced Production Capacity (amount of IPC and units) is increased significantly and granted to several more Nations in the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

• @the-captain need to add Volkstrum in the same vein as Soviet conscripts due to balancing issues. They would presumably be triggered by loss of certain areas of the Reich, or a IPC level decline. same stats as Soviet conscripts

• @imperious-leader
    Thanks for your comment:+1:

As you’ll discover, when reading your way through the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion (Section V, page 52), German Volkssturm units can be activated when Germany’s IPC level is 21 or less. Certain rules concerning Volkssturm units distances these units from any other unit in the game.

The Army Board: Reichshauptstadt Berlin Defence Area is used in conjunction with the Volkssturm units.

Soviet Red Army Conscription is part of counter balancing the mass of German Waffen-SS Armies, Panzer Grenadiers, Panzer Armies etc. that will storm towards Soviet positions and strongholds along the entire Eastern Front.

• @the-captain sweet ! I’ll try and get this up for testing sometime this week. We’ll see how it goes. I been overconfident before lol

• '21

@the-captain Thanks so much for providing this. It’s a concise review of things I found very helpful.

• @randomcat

Please note, that I just updated the Basic Expansion a few hours ago, to give a better overview.

• @barnee
    Is it possible to fix TripleA for Global 1940 Basic Expansion - before finishing Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion for TripleA ?

Question from some of our new members :relaxed:

@the-captain ah yea just saw this after I replied to you. I’ll reiterate here, yea i’ll go ahead and bust basic out after this next fix is tested a couple rounds.

I also need to figure out how to update bots so you can play in lobby with latest. There may be a way around that tho. Not Lobby mode but could send email saved games from local mode.

But yea, I’ll switch to Basic focus soon.

New Players I like it :)

Edit

Oh yea ,so even tho it isn’t the Basic version, they can still turn stuff off in map options or simply ignore for now

• @barnee

We’ll look forward to it. Take your time:+1:

• @the-captain

I really like the effort esp the G43 setup but the inclusion of so many new units that are similar to existing units is overwhelming. Many of the unit ideas require separate stacks and tracking and aren’t necessarily different in role than existing units but are added more for fluff and historical flavor than to have some different role in a unit pallette thats already crowded with units that only sort of work in the base game. That seems overwhelming to have 3-4 different types of infanfry w unique deployment rules and planes bound to carriers that dont act as universally as fighters do.

tripple@@@ seems like a good platform to track such a large variety of units but its already difficult on a real board to manage the oob play much less adding 30% more units

• @taamvan

As with all other aspects of game designing, naturally there are some that requires more thought and skills.

And that’s exactly what applies to the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion, Global 1940 Basic Expansion and the Global 1943 House Rules Expansion.

In order to fully understand the game mechanisms in depth - and get the big picture - of course players must play the game multiple times. By then, each individual player has a better insight - and is able to bring usefull and constructive feedback.

Luckily, we’ve received such feedback from players inside - as well as outside - our play groups. Both during play testing and later during real time gaming.

By now, we are experiencing a growing interest in Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion, Global 1940 Basic Expansion and the Global 1943 House Rules Expansion as more and more players get familiar with these rules.

Our goal is to bring tons of fun and challenge to Axis & Allies players - this is our contribution to the Axis & Allies community.

yea it’s definitely overwhelming at first with all the new dudes. That’s probably what the basic version is for : ) But I just keep going over and over everything. It’s kinda slow as you have to keep referring to the rules, kinda like checking a dictionary when reading a book with lots of high dollar college words lol

The numerous possibilities can almost blow your mind , so I just started out doing basic OOB strategies and moved on from there. A few things seemed obvious though, German Wolfpacks and SS units, Fortifications in the Pacific, Paras, Elites and other stuff … but there’s so much cool stuff I just continued on.

Of course I just dove right in to the deep end and activated all the rules, maybe not the best way to go but hey … :)

• @barnee

Today, this morning, when we started playing Global 1943 House Rules Expansion, I had to look up some rules myself in the RULEBOOK Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion.

So, even though we designed the rules and have used them for several years - we still have to refer to the rulebook occasionally. I don’t think we’ll ever be able to remember everything.

Anyway - it’s part of the fun & challenge:relaxed:

For the most part, we don’t necessarily use all the units & ruiles included in the Axis & Allies Global 1940 House Rules Expansion, even though they are available.

It all depends on the strategy that each player has planned.

Some units are more popular - and needed - than others.

• '21

@taamvan I feel the same way. I understand how the new units and their capabilities could be interesting and appealing, but there is a line where the thing gets ungainly and game play (to my mind) suffers from (for me) excessive detail to keep track of. Gaming has to be abstracted to some extent to work. Of course, everyone can draw that line where they see fit. We’re all free to keep things as simple as we want.

• @barnee

Our Veteran Members Play Group will have their next game OOB Global 1940 combined with Global 1940 Basic Expansion Sunday the 19th September.

During this game, the Strategic Rail Movement Capacity will be included.

• @the-captain Right :muscle: yea I really dig the rail movement. Russia Uk and Germany really use it. Japan too. Even the US can bomb guys around N America if Japan could potentially threaten invasion. Mostly AK

I’m gonna roll a few rounds of test game, then get started on basic expansion. So hopefully not too much longer. At least i can update stuff again : )

• '19

@randomcat You hit the the nail right there!:+1:
    “we are all free to keep things as simple as we want”
    No matter if you play the House Rules 1943, basic, 1940 setup or OOB, you can still decrease the amount of rules and pick the exact amount of rules that you seem fit and interesting. It might end up unbalanced, but - its about training and fun.

P.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m