Improved Research and Development 1940 Second Edition

• Yes it is very powerful. Like I mentioned above, this blends a multitude of other people’s rules together. It draws heavily on a set of rules I have printed out from a while back, which I can’t track down right now, which is where I got that particular rule from. I’m thinking about a few possible edits for it, like adding more researches per category, so that its less likely that you get a nuclear bomb early game. Or perhaps I will make it so it’s only four dice instead of six, or that each bomber can only drop one nuclear bomb each turn, or something similar. Again I’m open to suggestions. My brother is pestering me to allow artillery to make bombardments, and other changes so the rules will probably be nothing like how they were when they started.

• well the point of the patrol boat is it’s like the infantry of the sea, a decent defender but otherwise garbage. Also their were many, many, patrol boats used during the war on every side which made hydrofoils rather important. Also I originally made these rules just for me and my friends but they pressured me to post it so I did. I didn’t have to buy pt boats, because I found a nice model on thingiverse and printed it on my hobbyist 3d printer at home. Obviously it won’t work for everyone so I can provide some other options to u-boat in (get it? instead of sub in? No? Yeah it was bad) like destroyer bombardment.

• I know this is not related to this but you you play with other house rules?

• And instead of getting one roll maybe each country starts with a specific research.

• Yes I play with a set of elite infantry rules that I’ve developed, although I do not like it as much as I like my research rules. the idea of national advantages has always interested me although I’ve never implemented them. Also I think it would be cool if people national control markers were placed in a hat/cup/etc. and drawn at the beginning of each round to determine turn order. I haven’t implemented that either because i think it would make tracking ipcs even more tedious

• hallo I have tweaked it a little bit and now i have this as rules
    the rest is the same as yours

AAA rocket battery to land units research
    naval units: i don’t have the boat so no research for it

for aerial units: I have long range set for 2 spaces and nuclear set to 3 dice and all do damage and no +2 anymore
    I have 2 tier in war bonds first 1 is the normal 1 and tier 2 is that you trow 2 dice and choose
    special research:
    sabotage I set it to choose 1 country roll a six sided dice if it lands on 1 you stall 3 units in the enemy mobilization phase

new rule tier 1 field logistics: every ground unit gets a +1 move stat in the no combat move
    tier 2 field logistics: defenders have now the option to retreat 1 space back to friendly territory
    cruise missile is the same
    and ballistic missile can target now 2 infantry or 1 infantry and 1 artillery or 1 other unit and it can hit capital ships because of the size this is my thing now maybe you see something point it out that really helps e

• I understood very little of that from the typos but what I did understand, I was able to appreciate why you did that. I won’t try and copy your work and pass it off as mine. Cheers!

• I do have one suggestion for field logistics though… maybe you add in somewhere that during the he passive move, your units can move one space, before or after offloading or onloading onto a transport

• what are the think you don’t understand then maybe help you understand better
    and I update it now so maybe you understand it better now
    and this is just me but the rules you have for nuclear still are OP i think mine is a little bit less OP

• @doomer1940 I agree with you I’m working on fixing it

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m